GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marty St.Louis hints at possibly leaving TB

+5
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
SDH89
Tuk Tuk
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/is-tampa-bay-lightnings-st-louis-floating-idea-of-a-trade/1087242

Quote:
TAMPA — As if the Lightning, after three straight dismal seasons, needed another reason to take its rebuilding program seriously, there is this:

It is possible that star wing Marty St. Louis could ask to be traded if he does not believe the upcoming offseason changes make the team a playoff contender.

At least that's the impression he gave Monday at the St. Pete Times Forum after coach Rick Tocchet and general manager Brian Lawton were fired.

"I want to be on a winning team," he said. "It's three years of this and (we're going) back to square one, so I want to be on a winning team. That's the biggest thing. I'm not getting any younger. We'll see how it all shakes out this summer."

St. Louis, who will be 35 on June 18, had a stellar season. His 94 points tied his total for 2003-04, when he was league MVP, and his influence on star Steven Stamkos, who tied Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby for the league lead with 51 goals, is well-documented. He has one year left on a contract that will pay $4 million.

Asked what he expects of his career going forward, St. Louis said, "I don't really think about it too much until they put all the pieces in place. Then I'll assess where I'm at."

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Please trade him to the blues

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk wrote:Please trade him to the blues

If by the Blues, you mean the Sens, then yes, please trade him to the blues.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

You don't want to see St. Louis play for St. Louis?

They say you play for the logo on the front, not the team on the back, but Marty could honestly say he plays for the team on the back Marty St.Louis hints at possibly leaving TB 54934

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

You don't want to see St. Louis play for St. Louis?

They say you play for the logo on the front, not the team on the back, but Marty could honestly say he plays for the team on the back Marty St.Louis hints at possibly leaving TB 54934

Laugh1 It would confuse the Dung out of the casual fans.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Man, I love Marty. Shannon for Marty straight up, so there's no argument over # 26. Marty St.Louis hints at possibly leaving TB 649241

But seriously, wonder what the asking price would be??

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The link in the first post is broken... I believe this is the desired link:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/is-tampa-bay-lightnings-st-louis-floating-idea-of-a-trade/1087242

SDH89 wrote:Man, I love Marty. Shannon for Marty straight up, so there's no argument over # 26. Marty St.Louis hints at possibly leaving TB 649241

More than we should be willing to pay for a mid-30's player at this point. This team is transitioning to a younger team. Adding another guy in his twilight doesn't make sense to me.

hemlock wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Man, I love Marty. Shannon for Marty straight up, so there's no argument over # 26. Marty St.Louis hints at possibly leaving TB 649241

More than we should be willing to pay for a mid-30's player at this point. This team is transitioning to a younger team. Adding another guy in his twilight doesn't make sense to me.

um... he got 94 points this year..

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kovalev for St. Louis... straight up.

Heh heh.

Please?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have a feeling the St. Louis to Ottawa rumors will only pick up steam as the summer rolls on.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I have a feeling the St. Louis to Ottawa rumors will only pick up steam as the summer rolls on.

The real question is will they gather moss? Sarcasm Not unlike a stone that is not rolling?

- Unknown Author

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

kovalav, O'Brien, and Leclaire for st.Louis and mid pick, I'd be happy with that. yeah not likely though

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Considering what St. Louis did for Stamkos I'd love to have him around for a few seasons mentoring our young players.

Who knows what the price would be considering we already duped them into taking Meszaros. Laughing3

- Unknown Author

Phoenix30 wrote:kovalav, O'Brien, and Leclaire for st.Louis and mid pick, I'd be happy with that. yeah not likely though

I'd do that in a second... gives us the space for ST louis and Turco.. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum