GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marty St.Louis hints at possibly leaving TB

+5
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
SDH89
Tuk Tuk
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

kovalav, O'Brien, and Leclaire for st.Louis and mid pick, I'd be happy with that. yeah not likely though

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Considering what St. Louis did for Stamkos I'd love to have him around for a few seasons mentoring our young players.

Who knows what the price would be considering we already duped them into taking Meszaros. Laughing3

Phoenix30 wrote:kovalav, O'Brien, and Leclaire for st.Louis and mid pick, I'd be happy with that. yeah not likely though

I'd do that in a second... gives us the space for ST louis and Turco.. Smile

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DirtyDave wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:kovalav, O'Brien, and Leclaire for st.Louis and mid pick, I'd be happy with that. yeah not likely though

I'd do that in a second... gives us the space for ST louis and Turco.. Marty St.Louis hints at possibly leaving TB - Page 2 54934

I'm not convinced that Tampa need, or are looking for, a goalie. They do have a lot of expiring contracts at forward, though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Considering what St. Louis did for Stamkos I'd love to have him around for a few seasons mentoring our young players.

Who knows what the price would be considering we already duped them into taking Meszaros. Laughing3

That tool got fired though, he was dumb as Dung. Too bad, you're probably right, Murray has Lawton's number.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:The link in the first post is broken... I believe this is the desired link:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/is-tampa-bay-lightnings-st-louis-floating-idea-of-a-trade/1087242

Oops, thanks Shabbs.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

I'd do that in a second... gives us the space for ST louis and Turco.. Marty St.Louis hints at possibly leaving TB - Page 2 54934

I'm not convinced that Tampa need, or are looking for, a goalie. They do have a lot of expiring contracts at forward, though.

It was discussed on the radio last night from the TB beat writer that they are not sure about Smith and may look elsewhere. Leclaire would be great there as its a non hockey market and he could focus on turning his career around. Turco would be great in Ottawa as a mentor and back up but I can't see him playing second fiddle yet.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

It was discussed on the radio last night from the TB beat writer that they are not sure about Smith and may look elsewhere. Leclaire would be great there as its a non hockey market and he could focus on turning his career around. Turco would be great in Ottawa as a mentor and back up but I can't see him playing second fiddle yet.

Where do you think Turco ends up if he wants the starting role?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Tampa Bay.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

It would have to be too a team that has cap space. If Philly clears some coin maybe them. Sorry Spez cant see TB because why go to a rebuild team. Detroit maybe. Caps maybe. If Calgary moves Kipper for some young scoring help. Maybe there

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
It would have to be too a team that has cap space. If Philly clears some coin maybe them. Sorry Spez cant see TB because why go to a rebuild team. Detroit maybe. Caps maybe. If Calgary moves Kipper for some young scoring help. Maybe there

The reason I said Tampa Bay is because I think they have the team to make the playoffs. Until Nittymaki came along they were losing a lot of games because of Mike Smith. Now, I like Smith, but he got back to back bad concussions, so TB might want to cut him loose and take in someone who has experience.

If Turco would sign for 2.5-3, then I could see TB taking a risk on him - and he's definitely a risk, some people have hinted that he's lost it completely.

The only thing now that's holding TB back is D and G, their offense is fine, 100% rebuilt and ready to go. Their D is crappy and their G situation could be better.

I think they try to upgrade their D this summer and acquire a real goaltender.

Or not, because they've handled things so poorly since they won the Cup that they might actually think their team is A-OK as it is.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think you're right SpezD. A goalie and even just one veteran top PMD would probably do it. I think with guys like Foster, Ohlund, Hedman and Ranger already in place there D just needs that one solid guy. Imagine if they had hung onto Boyle?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think you're right SpezD. A goalie and even just one veteran top PMD would probably do it. I think with guys like Foster, Ohlund, Hedman and Ranger already in place there D just needs that one solid guy. Imagine if they had hung onto Boyle?

They might want to swap Smith for Souray, in that case. Foster might be looking at a big payday and I'm not even sure if Ranger even plays hockey any more?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

trading for st-louis would be awesome but costly. you only gettheguy for a year and then if you manage to sign him i will take a marc savard type of contract. are thesens in a position to trade for him? mnot sure.... would you bewilling to part with cowen as part of the deal(that's what it would take)?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think you're right SpezD. A goalie and even just one veteran top PMD would probably do it. I think with guys like Foster, Ohlund, Hedman and Ranger already in place there D just needs that one solid guy. Imagine if they had hung onto Boyle?

Yeah really, but they're too stupid to have hung onto Boyle. Marty St.Louis hints at possibly leaving TB - Page 2 489887

Ranger is AWOL. He's been away from the team since December and might never come back (personal reasons, have no idea).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:trading for st-louis would be awesome but costly. you only gettheguy for a year and then if you manage to sign him i will take a marc savard type of contract. are thesens in a position to trade for him? mnot sure.... would you bewilling to part with cowen as part of the deal(that's what it would take)?

Source?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:trading for st-louis would be awesome but costly. you only gettheguy for a year and then if you manage to sign him i will take a marc savard type of contract. are thesens in a position to trade for him? mnot sure.... would you bewilling to part with cowen as part of the deal(that's what it would take)?

Yes, I'll trade Cowen for St.Louis. And I really like Cowen, but I think St.Louis is the dung.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Source?
just my guess, you don't trade a 90+ player withoutexpecting a top top prospect.... o'brian is not gonna cut it.
again, my guess would be they would ask for cowen+ foligno and maybe kelly for st-louis and a 3rd.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum