GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Luongo Leaving Vancouver?

+7
PTFlea
Mojo
wprager
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
shabbs
davetherave
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

46Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 2:42 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle it, I can't let Volchenkov go, I just can't. I love Luongo and Hodgson, but A-Train hurts.

47Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 2:43 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Switch Berner for Edler and we're talking again though - probably take Vancouver's 1st rounder out.

48Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 2:44 pm

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:
Here's something to think about...

Spezza, Heatley, Elliott Luongo, Hodgson, Bieksa...

Both Heatley and Spezza? Hesuz....

The centerpiece of the deal is Luongo for Spezza, right? So, Heatley for Hodgson? I love Hodgson, but that's really steep. Elliott for Bieksa is fair enough.

How about:

Jason Spezza
Anton Volchenkov
Pascal Leclaire
9th overall pick this draft

for

Luongo
Hodgson
Bernier
Vancouver's 1st round pick (20 something).

I don't like it. Not a big fan of Berniers and he didn't really impress me in the playoffs.
Let's assume Spezza for Luongo leaves us having to even things out a bit, so we add Leclaire but that leaves them having to even out a bit. They add Hodgson, so we add? Volchenkov? I don't think so.

Also Imo our 1st should really only be put into a package that moves us up in the draft, but obviously some specifics could change my opinion on that.

49Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 2:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
I don't like it. Not a big fan of Berniers and he didn't really impress me in the playoffs.
Let's assume Spezza for Luongo leaves us having to even things out a bit, so we add Leclaire but that leaves them having to even out a bit. They add Hodgson, so we add? Volchenkov? I don't think so.

Also Imo our 1st should really only be put into a package that moves us up in the draft, but obviously some specifics could change my opinion on that.

Yeah, I went back and changed Bernier to Edler (haha) because I'm not a fan either.

The pick that can be used to move up got us Hodgson, that's a top 3 pick any year
IMHO.

50Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 2:46 pm

davetherave wrote:
cash wrote:
davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:Meh... the Vancouver fans will all simmer down and cooler heads will prevail. Luongo will remain a Canuck. You can book it.

Shabbs...careful with those predictions... Wink

Here's something to think about...

Spezza, Heatley, Elliott Luongo, Hodgson, Bieksa...

um Suspect do you feel like explaining the logic on that one?

I'll leave that to our GMHockey gang to toss around...

And let you figure it out...you're a knowledgeble fan.

Wink
Well I don't like it much and it feels like too much for a fantastic goalie who just never produces in prime time.

I'm also convinced that you'll never see Heatley waive so he can be traded to another team and still have to be paired with Spezza. No MFing way!

51Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 2:49 pm

504Heater wrote:
cash wrote:

Yeah, I went back and changed Bernier to Edler (haha) because I'm not a fan either.

The pick that can be used to move up got us Hodgson, that's a top 3 pick any year
IMHO.
Yeah Hodgson is pretty awesome. Its not a bad trade, but I've got my reservations...

52Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 2:51 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:Well I don't like it much and it feels like too much for a fantastic goalie who just never produces in prime time.

I'm also convinced that you'll never see Heatley waive so he can be traded to another team and still have to be paired with Spezza. No MFing way!

OK, then I take it you pass on the idea of bringing Luongo to Ottawa...just two hours by car from his family in Montreal...away from the pressure cooker of the Vancouver media...

And you think Heatley can't be persuaded to go to the Canucks?

53Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 2:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
OK, then I take it you pass on the idea of bringing Luongo to Ottawa...just two hours by car from his family in Montreal...away from the pressure cooker of the Vancouver media...

I question whether the pressure would be any better here. This is kind of a goalie graveyard as well.

I wonder if you just let things shake out, then take a run at Luongo if you feel the need after next year.

54Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 2:59 pm

davetherave wrote:
cash wrote:Well I don't like it much and it feels like too much for a fantastic goalie who just never produces in prime time.

If he's going to play with Luongo, I'm sure he could Wink

I have no idea how I feel about bringing Luongo to Ottawa. If you asked me that 6 months ago my answer would have been very different, but there are just so many question marks now - both with him and with our own current goaltending situation.

I will say though that the Sedins could be a virtual throw-in with this deal, given that they're UFA and bringing in Spezza and Heatley assures they won't be re-signed. We may have to give them something, but I doubt it would be all that costly.

Imo a deal like Spezza, Heatley for Luongo, unsigned Sedins would be pretty even, assuming we had some kind of assurance that they would seriously consider signing here.

55Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know what you mean actually. 6 months ago I'm throwing half the team to get Luongo, now, it's one of those 'wouldn't it be nice if...' scenarios. If we do a major deal like that the culture of the team up front would have to change from slickness to grit and the blueline guy that we've wanted for so long would have to be coming I think.

It's tough, the counter-argument is you're getting potentially the best goalie in the World, not to mention massive cap savings in the long run. I doubt Murray would refuse the deal, but at the same time, you get the sense that he did what he wanted to do in acquiring Leclaire - and the time might not be right now.

56Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:05 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Great discussion... Smile

57Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great discussion that I think 29 other fans of teams are having right now. :^^^^:

We as hockey fans always have to pick the carcasses of teams that fail.

58Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:13 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I can't ever imagine Volchenkov leaving. I love him way too much, I couldn't trade him. He's a warrior through and through, he always wants to win and he never gives up no matter how hurt he is. You don't find players like that every day. He is off the trading table. Off I say!!

59Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I can't ever imagine Volchenkov leaving. I love him way too much, I couldn't trade him. He's a warrior through and through, he always wants to win and he never gives up no matter how hurt he is. You don't find players like that every day. He is off the trading table. Off I say!!

When I mentioned that we could potentially trade Volchenkov for Hedman and unite Hedman with Karlsson you seemed okay with the idea. No?

60Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Great discussion... Smile

You want Jason Spezza for the Hawks....hmmm? It won't cost you much, one player.

Can you guess in one shot (hint: I have a man-crush on him).

61Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:25 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I can't ever imagine Volchenkov leaving. I love him way too much, I couldn't trade him. He's a warrior through and through, he always wants to win and he never gives up no matter how hurt he is. You don't find players like that every day. He is off the trading table. Off I say!!

When I mentioned that we could potentially trade Volchenkov for Hedman and unite Hedman with Karlsson you seemed okay with the idea. No?

You know what, I have a hard time trading a proven defenseman for a defenseman that is extremely highly regarded in the Sweedish Elite League. Yes, I know how huge Hedman is and how supposedly awesome he is, which by the way, I didn't see in the WJC. Yes, ok they were saying he was hurt and yada yada yada, but, Volchenkov in that situation (clearly Hedman wasn't hurt enough to not play at all) would've worked through it and been awesome regardless of his injury. He's done it many times with us.

After seeing some busts in the draft (OK, maybe not recently because scouting is much better than it used to be) but, it still could happen. I would have a hard time with it.

Make sense?

62Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:26 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:

You want Jason Spezza for the Hawks....hmmm? It won't cost you much, one player.

I know I know!!!

Unless you have a man-crush on someone else I don't know about.

Is it....Sharp?

63Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 4 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:28 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Actually Murray could have gotten Khabibulin for him last September. There was serious dialogue in Chicago about that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum