GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is your favourite Senator?

+8
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
caissie_1
shabbs
Mojo
wprager
PTFlea
asq2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is your favourite Senator?

Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_lcap253%Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 10 ]
Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_lcap216%Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 16% [ 3 ]
Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_lcap211%Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:57 pm

504Heater wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
I like shannon too, he reminds me of a younger St. Louis (with alot less skill)

Me too. He works out with him in the summer I just found out.
Couldn't have picked a better mentor. Now if only they could get Mats Naslund and Dave Keon, he'd have the best training available.

Now if only the Hansons would mentor Bass
Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 I_hansons_hi

17Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:11 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I gotta say... one of my favourite Senators was Bryan Smolinski. I just loved the way he played, and the elbow to Domi.

Heh heh.

Not sure if I have a "favourite" Senator these days... this year has seen such bad performances I almost feel like starting over again with these guys.

18Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:37 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
I like shannon too, he reminds me of a younger St. Louis (with alot less skill)

Me too. He works out with him in the summer I just found out.
Couldn't have picked a better mentor. Now if only they could get Mats Naslund and Dave Keon, he'd have the best training available.

Now if only the Hansons would mentor Bass
Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 I_hansons_hi

You know, I never knew (or had forgotten) that only one of them (the one sitting furthest away) is a Hanson. The other two are brothers, but not named Hanson.

Man, I miss that movie, but there's now way I'll ever be able to watch it again until the kids are all gone. Should be another 12-15 years Sad

19Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:You know, I never knew (or had forgotten) that only one of them (the one sitting furthest away) is a Hanson. The other two are brothers, but not named Hanson.

Man, I miss that movie, but there's now way I'll ever be able to watch it again until the kids are all gone. Should be another 12-15 years Sad
Jeff and Steve Carlson were the other two.

20Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know if you can say -- at this point in his career -- that St. Louis has a lot more skill. His first two seasons he wasn't exactly lighting it up in Calgary. 2 points in 15 games, followed by 18 in 56. Even his first year in Tampa he was a 1/2 PPG player. I guess he wasn't on Vinnie's side from the start.

Too bad I can't get Shannon's stats now. He's listed (NHL.com player page) as a 6'2" 200 lb defenseman. They've got the right picture, thought.

21Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:53 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Mine is Spezza. Foligno is not that far behind him and im quite sure will pass him.

22Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:08 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I don't know if you can say -- at this point in his career -- that St. Louis has a lot more skill. His first two seasons he wasn't exactly lighting it up in Calgary. 2 points in 15 games, followed by 18 in 56. Even his first year in Tampa he was a 1/2 PPG player. I guess he wasn't on Vinnie's side from the start.

Too bad I can't get Shannon's stats now. He's listed (NHL.com player page) as a 6'2" 200 lb defenseman. They've got the right picture, thought.

Has, or had?

Because Marty right now is one of the most criminally under-rated guys in the league.

23Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Has, or had?

Because Marty right now is one of the most criminally under-rated guys in the league.

What an acquisition he will be for a team if TB decides to give him up. Wow. Imagine him playing on the Bs, or the Sharks, or the Red Wings...or the Sens. Ahhhhh!

24Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:12 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:Has, or had?

What an acquisition he will be for a team if TB decides to give him up. Wow. Imagine him playing on the Bs, or the Sharks, or the Red Wings...or the Sens. Ahhhhh!

If TB didn't have such terrible management, I'd say they are one of the best-off teams in the league. Stamkos last draft, potentially Hedman at this draft, a good young goalie in Smith, some decent support d-men in Ranger, Meszaros and Smaby, and some good to great older forwards like Lecavalier, St. Louis, Malone and Prospal.

With the right manager, they'd be laughing. But I suspect Tampa will screw this up somehow. They got fleeced in the Boyle deal.

25Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:14 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

My favourite is Elliott. I know...what a big surprise (see avatar). I know he has a ways to go but I think the tandem of Leclaire and Elliott will be great. Tie between Shannon and Foligno for second place. I have been a huge fan of Elliott ever since I saw him play in Bingo.

26Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:15 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I only watched the first and part of the second tonight but it still re-affirmed my Alfredsson choice for me.

I don't think he had a particularly strong couple of periods (of what I saw), but that didn't mean he became invisible like some other first line players we know: instead he kept hustling the whole night and trying to overcome his struggles with hard work/defensive diligence.

Not to mention that incredible clever maneuvering he did on the play that resulted in Heatley getting set up by Spezza in the slot.

If the Sens were to find a way to grab Paajarvi-Svensson, he'd have one helluva mentor to learn from.

27Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:32 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:For the longest time my favourite has been Volchenkov, but I'm liking Foligno more and more each day.

I feel EXACTLY the same way. I've adored Volchie since very early on, same with Vermette but he is no longer with us. But recently, Foligno's play, his work ethic, his can-do attitude has made him my favourite forward on this team. I have a real affinity for this kid. And these things are not taught, you are raised with them. Which is why I'm so keen on drafting his brother this year.

You also have to love Alfie. But my favourite is still Volchie.

28Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:45 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Alfie, no brainer, I didnt even think :afro:

29Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
If TB didn't have such terrible management, I'd say they are one of the best-off teams in the league. Stamkos last draft, potentially Hedman at this draft, a good young goalie in Smith, some decent support d-men in Ranger, Meszaros and Smaby, and some good to great older forwards like Lecavalier, St. Louis, Malone and Prospal.

With the right manager, they'd be laughing. But I suspect Tampa will screw this up somehow. They got fleeced in the Boyle deal.

You know what they have to do? I know you know. They need to acquire a D-man of...wait for it...Danny Boyle quality to move the puck and control the play. Facepalm

30Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't know if you can say -- at this point in his career -- that St. Louis has a lot more skill. His first two seasons he wasn't exactly lighting it up in Calgary. 2 points in 15 games, followed by 18 in 56. Even his first year in Tampa he was a 1/2 PPG player. I guess he wasn't on Vinnie's side from the start.

Has, or had?

I meant at this point in Shannon's career.

31Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:41 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

okay so he might not be the most flashy or skilled like some of the other players, but the effort/heart is there every night, never takes a shift off, and drives hard to the net on every play.

32Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:07 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Of all the players on the Senators, the consensus seems to be the most respected is Daniel Alfredsson...

...and Anton Volchenkov gets my other, uncounted vote, for his quiet, courageous, consistent play.

Clouston's brought some pride back to this team as well.

33Who is your favourite Senator? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your favourite Senator? Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Alfie was my choice, but A-Train is a VERY close 2nd.
I too have high hopes for Foligno, Shannon, Regin and Karlsson; and I'm VERY curious to see who Murray snags this year in the draft.

Once Alfie hangs them up for good, I'll be curious to see who takes the helm and can quiet the room when it's unsettled and who can dictate the play on the ice...

And DTR, you make another great point: Clouston seems to have managed to bring back their passion, their pride and their drive. That alone is no small feat and I hope these boys continue to learn and are eager for his tutelage for another season or two.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum