GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens

+11
Urkie
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
Cronie
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
caissie_1
davetherave
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

76Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:54 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

alfie is 8 points short of being a point per game for his career

77Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:11 pm

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Urkie wrote:That was a pretty boring game but good for Fish and a good win.

I don't like calling anybody out but Lee was just brutal in this game. He was out of position all night long. I can't wait until we get Kuba back.

Yeah he made a few silly decisions. The one thing I think actually improved about Lee's game (a lot of room for improvement here) was his physical play. I saw him actually hit a few guys who looked bigger than him, including Malone near the end of the game. If he fills out and gets just a little smarter he will be an ok 3rd or 4th guy.

I'd have to at least see that before I can imagine him as a 1st or 2nd dman on any team, as his 1st round draft selection would have him pegged.

78Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:20 pm

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I always want to see the Sens Win. BTW, regardless of how we feel, what we thinks best for the team, or what draft position we want it changes nothing. The Sens win or loss record has nothing to do with what we want so I'm gonna continue to cheer for wins regardless.

How dare you? Sarcasm

Seriously, it is nice seeing that our previous winning streak may have been a little more than luck or the kick in the pants from a coaching change. I was wondering what the Diddle was up with our team playing like Dung all year. Maybe this group is capable of more.

But, each loss is ok too as I will continue to look forward to draft day!

Is this what denial feels like? Thinking it's a no-lose scenario when it's really a Leaf emulating no-win scenario??

79Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:25 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

So Mikey gets his special reward from Carrie for scoring in OT.
:pirat:

80Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Good call on the shutout... that lasted 2 mins.

Awful game to watch, just ugly really. I wonder when Spezza and Heatley will actually show up for an entire game. If there was a worse player on the ice than Heatley tonight, not sure who it was.

Alfi was solid, AGAIN, no shock there. Regin looked good, Shannon was his same old self.

81Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:18 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Missed the game, but SONOVA ******!!!!

I did not sit through 50 games of unspeakable hockey to see us picking out of the top ten! :^:

82Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:21 pm

Blame Shannon/Fisher/Foligno... might be the best 2nd line in the league right now per say. They are out playing the top 3, well 2/3's of it.

83Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:25 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Also, Spezza's 400th career point tonight. Didn't see the game, though, so I don't know how he played.

84Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:27 pm

Amazing pass for that 100th point... otherwise unspectacular and almost cost them the game with 4 seconds left with an absolute brutal giveaway. Heatley was the worst Sen on the ice tonight, no doubt.

Shannon is really turning into something special it seems though. Fisher was a beast all game too.

85Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

asq2 wrote:Missed the game, but SONOVA ******!!!!

I did not sit through 50 games of unspeakable hockey to see us picking out of the top ten! :^:

You said it on hockeybuzz....we could always take Kulikov Sarcasm

86Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:44 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Realistically, I just can't see this team going any higher then 9th overall. We will most likely pass the Leafs though so I would put us in the 7-9 region. That still sucks though because we most likely miss out on the amazing 6.

Tavares
Hedman
Duchene
MPS
Kane
Schenn

87Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:52 pm

Urkie wrote:Realistically, I just can't see this team going any higher then 9th overall. We will most likely pass the Leafs though so I would put us in the 7-9 region. That still sucks though because we most likely miss out on the amazing 6.

Tavares
Hedman
Duchene
MPS
Kane
Schenn

A lot of the bottom feeders are desperate for D so you can count on Cowen going early too.

88Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:04 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:
Urkie wrote:Realistically, I just can't see this team going any higher then 9th overall. We will most likely pass the Leafs though so I would put us in the 7-9 region. That still sucks though because we most likely miss out on the amazing 6.

Tavares
Hedman
Duchene
MPS
Kane
Schenn

A lot of the bottom feeders are desperate for D so you can count on Cowen going early too.

That's true. Either way, we'll get a pretty decent player.

89Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:22 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Not as good as we could have had.

The top 7 is brilliant, although Cowen is a risk because of his injury.

If we get one of the top-7, I'm happy. If we don't, I won't be.

90Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:23 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Good call on the shutout... that lasted 2 mins.

Awful game to watch, just ugly really. I wonder when Spezza and Heatley will actually show up for an entire game. If there was a worse player on the ice than Heatley tonight, not sure who it was.

Alfi was solid, AGAIN, no shock there. Regin looked good, Shannon was his same old self.

Second straight shinny match at SBP.

Looking ahead...Alfie, Shannon, Regin, Foligno, Campoli...Leclaire/Elliott; 'Chum' Donovan...always gives full value. Good building blocks, these fellas.

91Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:26 am

Well, I think Murray has made some pretty good moves thus far. There is somethign wrong with Heatley and Spezza though, and Im not gonna go on and bash them, but something is not right with both of them. I dont know if its on ice, off ice, or w/e, but something is going to give there, especially at the cash they are making.

92Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:33 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Well, I think Murray has made some pretty good moves thus far. There is somethign wrong with Heatley and Spezza though, and Im not gonna go on and bash them, but something is not right with both of them. I dont know if its on ice, off ice, or w/e, but something is going to give there, especially at the cash they are making.

I have to agree...something doesn't add up with those two. Too much talent for so little effort.

93Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Diddle...Schubert would have an okay shift, then a brutal one, then an okay one, then a brutal one... damn, get it together.

Spezza was awful tonight...wow. Heatley couldn't pull the trigger, but at least he had a pulse. Fisher was only good for hitting guys until he scored in OT. Brutal, brutal, BRUTAL game.

Elliott with another questionable goal too. Diddle me, I miss Smith and Kuba...I never thought I'd utter that phrase.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum