GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens

+11
Urkie
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
Cronie
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
caissie_1
davetherave
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

16Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:53 pm

Hopefully Elliott can pull together another solid game. Hopefully the weak goal can stay out tonight as well.

17Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:56 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cronie wrote:I'm aiming for 14-2 Sens personally.

Roberts and Recchi gone, and although Vinny can be a handful, I think with the emergence of our surprising FFS line, it will be an entertaining game, except for "Name Dropper" calling the action (if I may borrow Seaway's pet name). Gord Wilson is excellent, but man, if Elliott is in net, it could go either way with Stone MacGuire.

Oh, and if it's 4-0 Sens with 2 mins left to play, Gord, for the LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT say the S word till the game is OVER!! PLEASE!!!!

When McGuire was asked about the game against Toronto he answered by emphasizing that Elliott was just "OK". Funny, I didn't hear anyone ask about Elliott.

Then he patronizes the fan by acknowledging their "High hockey IQ". What a turkey.

did the turkey say those two magic words about Elliott, rebound control? I seriously am all for muting any broadcast on tsn.

18Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, MacGuire can be a lot to take at times, that's for sure.

and Neely, I'm hoping Elliott can keep the weak ones out for sure.

Speaking of weak, did anybody catch Hartnell's second last night? I'm not sure if it qualifies as uniquely weak with a touch of funny/flukey!

19Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I always want to see the Sens Win. BTW, regardless of how we feel, what we thinks best for the team, or what draft position we want it changes nothing. The Sens win or loss record has nothing to do with what we want so I'm gonna continue to cheer for wins regardless.

- Unknown Author

20Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Yeah, MacGuire can be a lot to take at times, that's for sure.

and Neely, I'm hoping Elliott can keep the weak ones out for sure.

Speaking of weak, did anybody catch Hartnell's second last night? I'm not sure if it qualifies as uniquely weak with a touch of funny/flukey!

Hartnell's goal, yeah, talk about bad bounces eh for Buffalo, the game was all but over by that point anyway, but well, Tellqvist must have figured the hockey gods were against him on that one, I believe they said it bounced off Tellqvist twice ,once before hitting Hartnell, then immediately after.

21Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:22 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

yeah, I was rewinding it and couldn't help but laugh.

Anyone else think (as I do) that if Buffalo misses the playoffs AGAIN this year Ruff will be put to bed?

22Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:28 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:yeah, I was rewinding it and couldn't help but laugh.

Anyone else think (as I do) that if Buffalo misses the playoffs AGAIN this year Ruff will be put to bed?

we can only hope, a team can only go through so much and something has to give, and Regier isn't going to get fired to save Ruff's job, he will displace the coach just like that. The biggest bunch of bull I remember was when Ruff was calling Tucker a joke (even though we all know he is, but sheesh, get a dictionary Ruff, you can call him other things, I am sure we can help you with suggestions)

23Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:35 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

IMHO Ruff is safe. Not much you can do when Ryan Miller goes down. He's overachieved with this team every year...they just don't have a budget to bring in the players they need.

They're not cap strapped, but they don't have any more than the 50MM they've spent.

They've lost Dumont, Drury, Briere...they had to sign Vanek, Connolly and Miller.

24Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Yeah, Ruff shouldnt be going anywhere. Guys like Roy are making things a little tough for him as well. They gotta cut some fat there in Buffalo.

25Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

IMHO Ruff is safe. Not much you can do when Ryan Miller goes down. He's overachieved with this team every year...they just don't have a budget to bring in the players they need.

They're not cap strapped, but they don't have any more than the 50MM they've spent.

They've lost Dumont, Drury, Briere...they had to sign Vanek, Connolly and Miller.

^ This. If they let Ruff go (who I can't stand as a person), they're crazy. They should be in dead last place.

26Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:43 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

just a note, as per Ottawa Sun, Kuba is likely to be out tonight, still feeling the flu like symptoms, no Neil either, possibly until tomorrow's game against Boston.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

27Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:43 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Yeah, Ruff shouldnt be going anywhere. Guys like Roy are making things a little tough for him as well. They gotta cut some fat there in Buffalo.

Not much fat to cut.

http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=BUF&season=0809

Regier's pretty much stuck with Roy.

He dealt Kotalik and Afinogenov walks in June, so that's going to help him cap wise...and Spacek and Numminen are UFAs this summer as well.

Look for more kids in Buffalo.

28Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

you all have valid points. While I don't like Ruff's style at times, I was thinking that perhaps a change behind the bench COULD help, but the things I despise about Ruff aside, he is ONE helluva coach, period.

Roy was TERRIBLE last night IMHO. And really, what caught me off guard on at least 3 seperate occasions against the flyers last night was that Buffalo looked about as uninspired as we once saw our sens... Foreshadowing? Who knows...

29Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

so Schubert is taking kuba's spot?

I change my prediction then... 4-0 TB... Sad

30Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:48 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:so Schubert is taking kuba's spot?

I change my prediction then... 4-0 TB... Sad

I am guessing so, no call ups made today and Lee is still hovering around I believe.

31Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

that's just freakin' FANTASTIC!! *insert sarcasm here*

32Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lets not forget that Tampa has suspect D and even worse Goaltending so this should be a blow out for the Sens even with Kuba out and Schubert in.

Also SensFan71 is on a torrid pace of posting this month. He's comfortably in first place for top posters this month with 322. Yes 322 of his 708 total have come in the last 11 days!!!

- Unknown Author

33Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Day March 11: Bolts at Sens Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good ol' Derek Roy. If I was in the NHL, I'd have been suspended a long time ago for head hunting that dork, but when it comes down to it, he's a pretty talented little player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum