GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Sharks at Senators

+14
asq2
PKC
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
The Silfer Server
beerandsens
Cronie
shabbs
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PTFlea
davetherave
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

76Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:25 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
I'm fine with that. Now that the season is unsalvagable, I'd like to see guys who are playing well get more time, and in different situations. If we lost more games, oh well, that just means we draft in a better position.

Oh yeah, the loss was a good one. Everything we could want with the exception of us scoring - although that makes little sense. Good for Auld, solid team play, good loss.

But if Clouston isn't going to use Spezza 20+ minutes, then are hand is going to be forced to move him on deadline day. That's a lot of coin tied up in a guy who's only playing 16 minutes (I'm guessing to be honest, but I'm sure it's around there).

77Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:25 pm

504Heater wrote:It was punishment for a shift when Spezza was absolutely floating. Just nancing around, then a soft change.

But yell at him, then put him back out there. Bag skate him tomorrow, but this team just doesn't have the offence without him.
Can't afford to do that. If you play him in that situation, you're telling him that he has won the battle of wills and that you can't win without him.

78Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:26 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh man, Clouston is pissed at Lee.

79Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:26 pm

dennycrane wrote:I just got back from the game. The Sens got away with a few penalties that had the SJ players upset in the first. I wouldn't be surprised if the SJ coaches gave the refs an earful before the second. Wasn't a well-refereed game, but I think the refs treated everyone badly.

Ryan Shannon looks good on the PP, but did SJ ever make him look like a minor-leaguer 5 on 5. Shannon took the lazy route on a couple of plays which the Sharks easily turned into turnovers and scoring chances.

Is Alex Auld being showcased?

Comrie seems to have a Schaffer-like aversion to shooting the puck.

Brian Lee will learn a very hard lesson from tonight. Or he'll be a minor-leaguer.

He may very well be a minor leaguer now with the team have 9 D men, and he has a two way contract.

Shannon looked great tonight, if he stays up and we can resign him, he could turn into a 20 goal guy with the right line mates very easily. Remember, Murray is the guy who found him in Anahiem too.

80Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:Can't afford to do that. If you play him in that situation, you're telling him that he has won the battle of wills and that you can't win without him.

Frustrated2

Fair enough. Diddle frustrating, sometimes I agree with people about Spezza. Sometimes, I think he needs different buttons pushed.

Dammit.

81Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:I just got back from the game. The Sens got away with a few penalties that had the SJ players upset in the first. I wouldn't be surprised if the SJ coaches gave the refs an earful before the second. Wasn't a well-refereed game, but I think the refs treated everyone badly.

Ryan Shannon looks good on the PP, but did SJ ever make him look like a minor-leaguer 5 on 5. Shannon took the lazy route on a couple of plays which the Sharks easily turned into turnovers and scoring chances.

Is Alex Auld being showcased?

Comrie seems to have a Schaffer-like aversion to shooting the puck.

Brian Lee will learn a very hard lesson from tonight. Or he'll be a minor-leaguer.

I agree, Comrie needs to shoot, but he certainly opens lanes up. Shannon got hit a few times, but this kid is gold, I really and truly think he's gonna be a player for us next year. 15 goals - maybe 20 isn't completely out of the question.

Campoli got smoked a few times, but he bounces back up.

As for Auld, you think he's being showcased, or do you think he's just playing really, really well right now and Clouston's riding the hot hand?

82Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:30 pm

504Heater wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:Can't afford to do that. If you play him in that situation, you're telling him that he has won the battle of wills and that you can't win without him.

Frustrated2

Fair enough. Diddle frustrating, sometimes I agree with people about Spezza. Sometimes, I think he needs different buttons pushed.

Dammit.

Dude, this shouldnt even be an issue or a debate, its on Spezza to play better, no one else. He has been in the league 6, 7 years now, he has ot do it himself, not much else you can tell that guy. He has literally had every type of coach now.

83Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:He may very well be a minor leaguer now with the team have 9 D men, and he has a two way contract.

Shannon looked great tonight, if he stays up and we can resign him, he could turn into a 20 goal guy with the right line mates very easily. Remember, Murray is the guy who found him in Anahiem too.

Yeah man, really impressed with Shannon.

84Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:31 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
504Heater wrote:It was punishment for a shift when Spezza was absolutely floating. Just nancing around, then a soft change.

But yell at him, then put him back out there. Bag skate him tomorrow, but this team just doesn't have the offence without him.
Can't afford to do that. If you play him in that situation, you're telling him that he has won the battle of wills and that you can't win without him.

While I agree with you, I don't think Spezza is so evil that he wants to play as lazily as possible.

85Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
Dude, this shouldnt even be an issue or a debate, its on Spezza to play better, no one else. He has been in the league 6, 7 years now, he has ot do it himself, not much else you can tell that guy. He has literally had every type of coach now.

Absolutely. And he can too, he dominated for the last section of the game. Flying in after Alfie makes great dump ins, retrieving, good passes, should have back handed that one into the net, but aside from that he was terrific.

Put together a full game of that like earlier in the year Spezza! Come on, it really is on him now.

86Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is Kuba gone yet?

87Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:34 pm

Spezza played a good 2nd 1/2 of the 3rd, a great 2nd 1/2. There was a whole game before that though that he missed.

W/e, I still cant get over Lee, he should be sent down ASAP, and I hope he is. Bell has really gotten the shaft for this kid and its BS, especially after this tonight.

88Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have a real feeling that Lee might have earned a ticket to the AHL.

I'm actually kinda missing Bell...hard to believe.

89Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:36 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Is Kuba gone yet?

Hope so. FingersCrossed

90Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:37 pm

I dont like Lee to begin with, but it is absolutly BS if he is in the lineup on Sat night, should be in Bingo!

91Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was wrong. Clouston mis-managed his bench late in the third IMO. Spezza got almost 21 minutes.

92Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I have a real feeling that Lee might have earned a ticket to the AHL.

I'm actually kinda missing Bell...hard to believe.

Don't worry about Bell, TIm Murray said for the most part Bell has overachieved this year, they didnt expect him to play that well. It's good to hear.

I was in a 3 hour meeting tonight, couldnt watch a second of the game.
Did they actually play good for the most part? How was Campoli?

93Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:46 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Oh, what Lee did tonight was 100% unacceptable. He should be sent down tomorrow or Saturday, he doesnt deserve to be in Ottawa after that. The Sens need to clear roster space, he has a 2 way contract, 100% he should be the one getting the boot back to Bingo.

exactly what i thought.... especially since it is the third time in a row to the box you know the guys on the pk are tired just shut the diddle up Lee and take the penalty next time

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum