GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Sharks at Senators

+14
asq2
PKC
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
The Silfer Server
beerandsens
Cronie
shabbs
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PTFlea
davetherave
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

61Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:57 pm

I agree with everything there, Heatley was 100% the cause of that penalty. That being said, Lee, shut up, shut your mouth, you jsut cost your team the game.

The refing was not that bad, people love to play the blame game, but it wasnt that bad.

Spezza in the 3rd, well, he is paid to play like that, not just one period every 3 or 4 games, but 95% of the time. The thing is, he doesnt. Spezza in the 3rd was amazing though, the previous 40 mins where he didnt do a thing is what I noticed though.

Again, Lee is an idiot, shut your mouth, your a rookie, you havnt proven a thing in this league, its not the first time your mouth has gotten you in trouble in Ottawa. For a guy who doesnt say a word for the most part, he sure doenst know when to shut up.

62Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:59 pm

Neely4Life wrote:I agree with everything there, Heatley was 100% the cause of that penalty. That being said, Lee, shut up, shut your mouth, you jsut cost your team the game.

The refing was not that bad, people love to play the blame game, but it wasnt that bad.

Spezza in the 3rd, well, he is paid to play like that, not just one period every 3 or 4 games, but 95% of the time. The thing is, he doesnt. Spezza in the 3rd was amazing though, the previous 40 mins where he didnt do a thing is what I noticed though.

Again, Lee is an idiot, shut your mouth, your a rookie, you havnt proven a thing in this league, its not the first time your mouth has gotten you in trouble in Ottawa. For a guy who doesnt say a word for the most part, he sure doenst know when to shut up.

Wow Lee is creeping up there on your hate list lol. Spezza will have some company soon.

63Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Oh, what Lee did tonight was 100% unacceptable. He should be sent down tomorrow or Saturday, he doesnt deserve to be in Ottawa after that. The Sens need to clear roster space, he has a 2 way contract, 100% he should be the one getting the boot back to Bingo.

64Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:01 pm

If we manage to replace the SJ 1st we lost, I'm pretty happy with Campoli for SJ's pick. I'm really loving the fact that we have him locked up cheap for another year, then he's RFA. Pretty damn good for a kid who was twice passed over in the draft, then finally selected in the 7th round on his third try. We really benefit here from him being drafted at 20.

65Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:07 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:If we manage to replace the SJ 1st we lost, I'm pretty happy with Campoli for SJ's pick. I'm really loving the fact that we have him locked up cheap for another year, then he's RFA. Pretty damn good for a kid who was twice passed over in the draft, then finally selected in the 7th round on his third try. We really benefit here from him being drafted at 20.

Agreed. If he can bulk a bit more, he could be terrific.

People referring to him as "NYI's junk" are out of their minds.

66Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Campolli looked good, AGAIN tonight. 3 straight games with a point and Comrie looked good as well... hopefully he resigns.

Like I said, that pick is over rated and I would bet Murray, at the end of the day ends up with a better first than previously. Said that the min the deal was done almost.

67Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:I want the Spezza in the third period to be around all the time.

One thing I will say, though, is that Spezza continues to amaze me in the face-off dot. Not necessarily in the winning percentage, but of his ability to not only win a face-off, but get it to a certain spot to set up a play or one-timer.

It was dumb of Lee to take the double minor, but his first penalty was absolutely Heatley's fault.

You know what's bugging me? When it's 2-1 late(ish) in the game and we get a PP and there's no Spezza on PP1. Okay...come on. This is the guy you need to get out there as much as possible, the one with the sixth sense for finding guys. I love Mike Fisher and Comrie as much as the next guy but....

68Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Agreed. If he can bulk a bit more, he could be terrific.

People referring to him as "NYI's junk" are out of their minds.

He's got such a nice read of the play, like when Fisher tipped in his shot. Unlike Lee - not to harp on him - but he must have tossed three or four pucks at the net. Like...50 MPH max, looking for a tip. Dude...RIP IT.

69Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:16 pm

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:I want the Spezza in the third period to be around all the time.

One thing I will say, though, is that Spezza continues to amaze me in the face-off dot. Not necessarily in the winning percentage, but of his ability to not only win a face-off, but get it to a certain spot to set up a play or one-timer.

It was dumb of Lee to take the double minor, but his first penalty was absolutely Heatley's fault.

You know what's bugging me? When it's 2-1 late(ish) in the game and we get a PP and there's no Spezza on PP1. Okay...come on. This is the guy you need to get out there as much as possible, the one with the sixth sense for finding guys. I love Mike Fisher and Comrie as much as the next guy but....

Maybe it's Clouston sending Spezza (another) message. Don't play hard for 60 and I can't count on you when the team needs you most. With season all but over now, we can afford to send that message.

After 6 years in the league though, how many godamn messages does he need? Sooo frustrating! :^:

70Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was punishment for a shift when Spezza was absolutely floating. Just nancing around, then a soft change.

But yell at him, then put him back out there. Bag skate him tomorrow, but this team just doesn't have the offence without him.

71Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 pm

504Heater wrote:It was punishment for a shift when Spezza was absolutely floating. Just nancing around, then a soft change.

But yell at him, then put him back out there. Bag skate him tomorrow, but this team just doesn't have the offence without him.

I'm fine with that. Now that the season is unsalvagable, I'd like to see guys who are playing well get more time, and in different situations. If we lost more games, oh well, that just means we draft in a better position.

72Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Here's what Coach Clouston was quoted, by Ken Warren in his Citizen postgame report, as saying about Brian Lee's penalty:

"I have no idea what he said to the ref," said Clouston. "But a guy like that can't be opening up his mouth. He has got to suck it up, take the penalty, and we've got to go out and kill it, especially seeing how that was our third (penalty) in a row, or fourth in a row. It just adds up. A young guy, you have to pay your dues. You have to earn that respect, to at least talk to the referees. You've got to approach them with respect."

What has to be more disappointing for Clouston is to see how the Senators, after winning five of their first seven on his watch, have now dropped four of their last five.

73Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:23 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I just got back from the game. The Sens got away with a few penalties that had the SJ players upset in the first. I wouldn't be surprised if the SJ coaches gave the refs an earful before the second. Wasn't a well-refereed game, but I think the refs treated everyone badly.

Ryan Shannon looks good on the PP, but did SJ ever make him look like a minor-leaguer 5 on 5. Shannon took the lazy route on a couple of plays which the Sharks easily turned into turnovers and scoring chances.

Is Alex Auld being showcased?

Comrie seems to have a Schaffer-like aversion to shooting the puck.

Brian Lee will learn a very hard lesson from tonight. Or he'll be a minor-leaguer.

74Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:24 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'd be disappointed, but a loss against the Sharks shouldn't come as a surprise.

75Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:24 pm

504Heater wrote:It was punishment for a shift when Spezza was absolutely floating. Just nancing around, then a soft change.

Im telling you dude, bad skates only go so far, they lose their effect after a while.

Its not on anyone else but Spezza now, no one. Anyone who says "Spezza needs this, Spezza needs that" they are just finding excuses. Its on him NO ONE ELSE!

76Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
I'm fine with that. Now that the season is unsalvagable, I'd like to see guys who are playing well get more time, and in different situations. If we lost more games, oh well, that just means we draft in a better position.

Oh yeah, the loss was a good one. Everything we could want with the exception of us scoring - although that makes little sense. Good for Auld, solid team play, good loss.

But if Clouston isn't going to use Spezza 20+ minutes, then are hand is going to be forced to move him on deadline day. That's a lot of coin tied up in a guy who's only playing 16 minutes (I'm guessing to be honest, but I'm sure it's around there).

77Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:25 pm

Can't afford to do that. If you play him in that situation, you're telling him that he has won the battle of wills and that you can't win without him.

78Game Day: Sharks at Senators - Page 5 Empty Re: Game Day: Sharks at Senators Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh man, Clouston is pissed at Lee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum