GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm Jan. 20th, 2009

+13
Acrobat
The Silfer Server
PKC
shabbs
Hayden
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
asq2
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Alex Ovechkin with 17 attempted shots? affraid

Brian Lee continues to impress me, even if Kozlov dangled him.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Also, I like Ovechkin and all, but the amount of @$$-kissing coming from McGuire is perverse. If I were AO, I'd take out a restraining order.

This was almost as bad as McGuire on Ryan Ellis at the World's.

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:Alex Ovechkin with 17 attempted shots? affraid

Brian Lee continues to impress me, even if Kozlov dangled him.

That's why he's got over 100 shot lead on the next highest in the "shots on goal" totals. And that 100 shots is about 50% of the next highest (who is around 200, OV is around 300!; highest on the Sens is apparently Spezza, around 130...)

asq2 wrote:Also, I like Ovechkin and all, but the amount of @$$-kissing coming from McGuire is perverse. If I were AO, I'd take out a restraining order.

That Ellis love-in was disturbing. I really wonder if Pierre watches replays of his comments. It's well beyond over the top.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:Also, I like Ovechkin and all, but the amount of @$$-kissing coming from McGuire is perverse. If I were AO, I'd take out a restraining order.

That Ellis love-in was disturbing. I really wonder if Pierre watches replays of his comments. It's well beyond over the top.

I've been able to stomach him before, but lately I've started muting the games.

What was McGuire saying about Elliott tonight? Still trashing the kid who saved the Sens Donkey in the 2nd? Just another 29 save win, nothing special.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:What was McGuire saying about Elliott tonight? Still trashing the kid who saved the Sens Donkey in the 2nd? Just another 29 save win, nothing special.

Monster of the game.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Not bad for a kid who will never be a starter.

marakh wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:What was McGuire saying about Elliott tonight? Still trashing the kid who saved the Sens Donkey in the 2nd? Just another 29 save win, nothing special.

Monster of the game.

Ya, not bad for a kid with 6 NHL starts... Hopefully that shuts him up for a while.

Anyways, good 40 min effort again, and I would say the Caps had the lions share of the chances in that game. Sens kept it close and they pulled it out.

Also, liked what I saw from Regin! Great first shift and he played a solid 2 way game. Seems like he can be a player with some luck. How big of a player, remains to be seen but solid 1st game.

Neely4Life wrote:
marakh wrote:

Monster of the game.

Ya, not bad for a kid with 6 NHL starts... Hopefully that shuts him up for a while.

Anyways, good 40 min effort again, and I would say the Caps had the lions share of the chances in that game. Sens kept it close and they pulled it out.

The Sens were lucky that the Caps were trying to shoot it through Elliot and ended up missing the net half the time. I don't watch them very often so I am not sure if they were just trying to intimidate Elliot or whether they always shoot like that.

hemlock wrote:

It is yet unconfirmed but there is a rumour that McGuire's wife has asked him to go for counselling. Apparently, prior to love making he hands her a strap-on, a Sidney Crosby jersey and says 'now be a monster'....

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

Pierre McGuire has a "monster" boner for Ovechkin! I was so happy to see AO off the score sheet and get a bad penalty! Pierre you are a douchebag and I could see you holding back from kissing him in your lil bench interview.

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I'm still not really sure what to make of this Sens team.

Man, me neither. We looked like a scared pee wee team in the 2nd, excellent and composed through the 1st and a bit of both in the 3rd. What do you possibly take out of this other than we were lucky and we turned it on when we had to.

I have an instant man-crush on Regin. Screw Mguire's take that he was 'good enough' and he had to feel his way through the game - I thought he owned the puck along the boards, made excellent reads and has a nice pass. But it's his smarts that impressed me, his ability to read the play and get in the way of attempted passes and clears. Very impressed. Given some time - I can actually see Fisher, Foligno and Regin forming a very dangerous unit. Might be next year, but this is encouraging. If we get really, really lucky we might be able to add Zubov to that list...and maybe even Z.Smith.

And man...Elliot. The 2nd period alone was enough for him to get in my good books. Great effort, keep it up (or don't, depending on who you're talking to here Wink )

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:I'm still not really sure what to make of this Sens team.

Man, me neither. We looked like a scared pee wee team in the 2nd, excellent and composed through the 1st and a bit of both in the 3rd. What do you possibly take out of this other than we were lucky and we turned it on when we had to.

I have an instant man-crush on Regin. Screw Mguire's take that he was 'good enough' and he had to feel his way through the game - I thought he owned the puck along the boards, made excellent reads and has a nice pass. But it's his smarts that impressed me, his ability to read the play and get in the way of attempted passes and clears. Very impressed. Given some time - I can actually see Fisher, Foligno and Regin forming a very dangerous unit. Might be next year, but this is encouraging. If we get really, really lucky we might be able to add Zubov to that list...and maybe even Z.Smith.

And man...Elliot. The 2nd period alone was enough for him to get in my good books. Great effort, keep it up (or don't, depending on who you're talking to here Wink )

:lol!:

I think Zubov will be here full time next year, but it may be early to tell for Z. Smith and Regin. I'm liking what we are seeing from these kids though. Bodes well for the future.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Regin's got good instincts and I think you'll see more of his skill emerge as he grows accustomed to the speed of the NHL game. I think he's a lot like Valtteri Filppula.

However, he's gotta bulk up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Regin's got good instincts and I think you'll see more of his skill emerge as he grows accustomed to the speed of the NHL game. I think he's a lot like Valtteri Filppula.

However, he's gotta bulk up.

Oh yeah, he'd be better off to weigh in at 200. That might be a primary reason to get him to Bingo soon now that he's had a taste. Focus on guiding that team and focus on bulking up.

Still, he was only tossed off the puck once that I remember, I thought he was generally strong. Looking forward to when he adds the weight.

BTW, what is he now? 180?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
I think Zubov will be here full time next year, but it may be early to tell for Z. Smith and Regin. I'm liking what we are seeing from these kids though. Bodes well for the future.

I'm starting to think that perhaps Z.Smith needs another half year of seasoning, but I really think he's got a chance to play in the NHL. Halfway through next season and he's a Sen full time me thinks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum