GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm Jan. 20th, 2009

+13
Acrobat
The Silfer Server
PKC
shabbs
Hayden
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
asq2
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

SensGirl11 wrote:McGuire was EXTREMELY ANNOYING last night, and he loves to contradict himself all the time. I think he may be off his rocker a little lately.

HEY MCGUIRE! STOP YELLING AT ME!!!!!

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:Fell down quite a bit.

I agree, though, I feel a bit bad about taking away the hope of the Bingo fans.

We've already taken their all-star goalie, now we've taken their two best defencemen in Bell and Lee and at varying times 4 of their top forwards in Regin, Shannon, Zubov and Smith.

Let the young'uns have a good playoff run. We certainly won't, not this year anyway.

He fell down a lot? Very strange, I only saw/noticed him fall once behind Washington's net. I actually found him quite strong on his skates...but that might have been wishful watching.
I thought the same thing. ANd even if he did fall down, it would have been as a result of hard work. I find it funny how some people expect prospects to score a hat trick or something in their first game.

504Heater wrote:Must sleep soon, but Hartsburg just said on the Team that he is giving serious consideration to keeping the Phillips/Lee pairing together when Volchenkov returns.

I assume that means Volchenkov with Kuba and Picard with Smith. Lee's game has enabled Hartsburg to shuffle the deck finally. I like it.
cheers Puking2 I've been saying that Dung all year long: One offensive, one defensive player on each pairing; and, for God's sake, put MFing Volchie with MFing Kuba - I promise it works!

*What is that? Whats that feeling?? Is that...no...it couldn't be....Is it...hope? Hope that isn't misplaced??
It just might be :afro:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
I've been saying that Dung all year long: One offensive, one defensive player on each pairing; and, for God's sake, put MFing Volchie with MFing Kuba - I promise it works!

*What is that? Whats that feeling?? Is that...no...it couldn't be....Is it...hope? Hope that isn't misplaced??
It just might be :afro:

:D The only thing I can think of that may have held Hartsburg back, was Lee's inconsistent play. Now that he's playing a much better game, he can be placed in a top pairing situation and A-Train and Kuba or Picard can play together.

But...I can't be the only one who finds it strange that everything we talk about here and in every hockey forum months and months and months ago is finally happening. Fisher on the wing, Phillips with a puck mover, Fisher on the wing. It's about time, I don't understand the reason for it taking so long. Did Hartsburg feel like playing chicken with the bus named Murray and Melnyk?

squirrel

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

hemlock wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:
asq2 wrote:Also, I like Ovechkin and all, but the amount of @$$-kissing coming from McGuire is perverse. If I were AO, I'd take out a restraining order.

This was almost as bad as McGuire on Ryan Ellis at the World's.

Coming from the guy that has been swinging from Hedman's nutsack for the last two months

Shut the Diddle up. The only time I ever see you post is to talk Dung. The difference is that McGuire is a media member, who really ought to remain unbiased.

Time to take a Midol sweetheart!

McGuire may be a member of the media but during games he is there to provide colour commentary, he does not need to be unbiased. If he bothers you that much take it up with the brass at TSN.

You don't like my posts then skip over them!

Actually, members of the media have to be unbias, thats a big part of working for a national sports station, both in Canada and the USA.

So, you are actually wrong when you say "he does not need to be unbiased". Yes he does.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're going the wrong direction with MGuire here. He likes the Sens, always has, always has good things to say in the mornings, but as a TSN analyst he's out there calling it as he sees it.

The problem with Pierre is: he gets a hard on for a team or a player and it drives you up the franking wall. Otherwise, he does a decent job at colour.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Actually - I shouldn't say he always has good things to say in the mornings - but he certainly provides insight into what he thinks the problems are and what he thinks the bright spots are.

Neely4Life wrote:Actually, members of the media have to be unbias, thats a big part of working for a national sports station, both in Canada and the USA.

So, you are actually wrong when you say "he does not need to be unbiased". Yes he does.

Problem is when the Network is based out of a certain City that alters the perception of what bias is. There is no doubt both TSN and Sportsnet tilt towards the leafs.

In fact tell me that Waters/Kypreos/Brophy are all unbiased.

They should be unbiased but arn't. What we tolerate now is unbiased commentary knowing that they favor a player or team.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

TeamRenzo wrote:

You don't like my posts then skip over them!

Actually, I also found your posting offensive. I think it was unnecessary and inappropriate.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Dawg's Wife wrote:

I couldn't tell you. I have not listened to anything these guys have had to say for years; as a matter of fact, I mute the frickin' tv when they come on ...

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:
hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:Also, I like Ovechkin and all, but the amount of @$$-kissing coming from McGuire is perverse. If I were AO, I'd take out a restraining order.

This was almost as bad as McGuire on Ryan Ellis at the World's.

That Ellis love-in was disturbing. I really wonder if Pierre watches replays of his comments. It's well beyond over the top.

It is yet unconfirmed but there is a rumour that McGuire's wife has asked him to go for counselling. Apparently, prior to love making he hands her a strap-on, a Sidney Crosby jersey and says 'now be a monster'....

Ok, now that's just disturbing. :pale: affraid

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dawg's Wife wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Actually, members of the media have to be unbias, thats a big part of working for a national sports station, both in Canada and the USA.

Problem is when the Network is based out of a certain City that alters the perception of what bias is. There is no doubt both TSN and Sportsnet tilt towards the leafs.

They should be unbiased but arn't. What we tolerate now is unbiased commentary knowing that they favor a player or team.

Yeah, thank heaven we have Rogers-22.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum