GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm Jan. 20th, 2009

+13
Acrobat
The Silfer Server
PKC
shabbs
Hayden
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
asq2
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Sens will be dominated, but the game kept close.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

I think you're being too kind to Corvo.

First of all, his decision-making sucked. Both in the defensive and offensive zone.

He was easily rattled, he infrequently hit the net with his shot, he wasn't a very good passer and he wanted out.

I'm not upset he's gone. He's doing nothing in Carolina, except when they play us.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Plus we got Karlsson out of the bargain.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

asq2 wrote:Plus we got Karlsson out of the bargain.

They didn't give us a pick too did they? Dont' think so.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I hope we don't win. I keep seeing people hoping for wins here... what happened top top 5 pick?

We're playing too well and that just might get them winning which scares me. We need the Red Army line (OV-Fed-Semin) to tear us a new one.

asq2 wrote:I think you're being too kind to Corvo.

First of all, his decision-making sucked. Both in the defensive and offensive zone.

He was easily rattled, he infrequently hit the net with his shot, he wasn't a very good passer and he wanted out.

I'm not upset he's gone. He's doing nothing in Carolina, except when they play us.

Dude was inconsistent for sure but he did have a five point game here for us. He showed flashes of brilliance and he put pressure on teams who looked to clog the neutral zone with his speed. He usually was pushing through the hole as they were trying to setup. I definitely think he would be nice to have around here right about now, even with any flaws he may have had. That said, the ship has sailed...

DashRiprock wrote:I hope we don't win. I keep seeing people hoping for wins here... what happened top top 5 pick?

We're playing too well and that just might get them winning which scares me. We need the Red Army line (OV-Fed-Semin) to tear us a new one.

Personally I'd rather start to get excited about hockey rather than get excited by the draft. If they put together a phenominal run and make it interesting I would prefer that to crappy hockey, a deadline firesale and an event in Montreal sometime in June.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

MurderOnIce wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:I hope we don't win. I keep seeing people hoping for wins here... what happened top top 5 pick?

Personally I'd rather start to get excited about hockey rather than get excited by the draft. If they put together a phenominal run and make it interesting I would prefer that to crappy hockey, a deadline firesale and an event in Montreal sometime in June.

AGREED 100%.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm sorry for what I started. Trading Corvo was not *the* move that brought about our downfall. It's just that he was not replaced and then we lost the remaining puck-movers we had.

Also, I think you can hardly say "And it usually ended up being a goal for us" .

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:I'm sorry for what I started. Trading Corvo was not *the* move that brought about our downfall. It's just that he was not replaced and then we lost the remaining puck-movers we had.

Also, I think you can hardly say "And it usually ended up being a goal for us" .

LOL, okay, so I was pushing it a bit there. But I think you get my point.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MurderOnIce wrote:

I nominate this for post of PotD (Post of the Day)!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

I nominate this for post of PotD (Post of the Day)!

I concurr!

I cant believe some guys are ready to see some tanking for another 40-ish games. As much as I want a good draft, Ive seriously had enough of the sucking.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Let's see...

40 games of sucking followed by the drafting of a franchise player and perhaps 10+ years of contending and brilliant hockey?

Or 40 games of OK hockey leading to more mediocrity?

The choice seems pretty obvious. Don't just think in the short-term; it's what the Leafs under Quinn and JFJ did and we mocked them for it.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Let's see...

40 games of sucking followed by the drafting of a franchise player and perhaps 10+ years of contending and brilliant hockey?

The choice seems pretty obvious. Don't just think in the short-term; it's what the Leafs under Quinn and JFJ did and we mocked them for it.

I will be ok with seeing crap hockey for 40 more games if we absolutely deserve to suck. If those guys find a way to play good again, I won'T be there hoping for a loss every game... SOrry I just won't.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Washington is 1-0-1 against the Senators this year, having dropped an overtime decision in Ottawa on November 4 before recording an easy 5-1 home decision on December 12. The Caps have won five of six and eight of the last 11 meetings overall in the series, but Washington has dropped three of five and six of its last nine in Ottawa.

How have they dropped six of their last nine against us? They won all 4 last year...

I'm late, but:

They dropped 6 of last nine IN OTTAWA. so only two of their 4 wins last season count here Wink

Apparently, Vermie's line with Picard and Kuba will be against Ovechkin, Backstrom and Green... That's scary...

The Sens are Washingtons Wing Dang Doodle right now, so hopefully they can keep the game close tonight. Caps = worst matchup in NHL for Sens.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Washington is 1-0-1 against the Senators this year, having dropped an overtime decision in Ottawa on November 4 before recording an easy 5-1 home decision on December 12. The Caps have won five of six and eight of the last 11 meetings overall in the series, but Washington has dropped three of five and six of its last nine in Ottawa.

How have they dropped six of their last nine against us? They won all 4 last year...

I'm late, but:

They dropped 6 of last nine IN OTTAWA. so only two of their 4 wins last season count here Wink

Apparently, Vermie's line with Picard and Kuba will be against Ovechkin, Backstrom and Green... That's scary...

I would play Auld tonight. Wink

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:Let's see...

I will be ok with seeing crap hockey for 40 more games if we absolutely deserve to suck. If those guys find a way to play good again, I won'T be there hoping for a loss every game... SOrry I just won't.

Suit yourself. There is no hope of making the playoffs, so I'd much rather finish last than 10th.

It doesn't mean you intentionally lose, but you set yourself up to lose by dealing away vets for picks, prospects and young players and then fielding an inexperienced line-up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum