GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Apr. 18th, 2013

+11
spader
Ev
LeCaptain
SensHulk
Hoags
tim1_2
NEELY
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The red hot Capitals pay a visit to Scotiabank Place on Thursday night in a potential preview of a playoff match up. Capitals have won 8 in a row and are 9-0-1 in their last 10. They sit 3rd in the East. Sens sit in 6th spot and have won 3 in a row and seem to be getting back on track just at the right time. Michalek is back and has scored in his first two games. They welcomed Jared Cowen back in style with a win over the Hurricanes on Tuesday night. Rumours of Karlsson returning come playoff time have Sens fans buzzing. Reports from practice today suggest no changes to the lineup at this point in time.

This will be a big test for the Sens. Sens are only 4 points out of 9th and need to keep pace.

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

4 up on 9th *but* with 1 game in hand. More importantly, just 1 point up on 7th (with that same 1 game in hand) and 4 up on 8th with no games in hand.

Looking the other way, the Sens are just 3 points back of the Leafs, and have 1 game in hand. Leafs lost big to the Caps last night -- if we can grab two points from them it will lead to the inevitable extrapolated comparison (they whupped you, we beat them, therefore we're going to really whup you!). We could even be playing for 5th on Saturday.

Not that meeting the Bruins in the first round is something to look forward to.
Caps haven't lost in regulation in their last 10.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Daniel Slater: Coach MacLean confirms Craig Anderson as tomorrow's starter vs Capitals. Michalek & Gonchar were maintenance days, both expected to play.

https://twitter.com/dslatertv/status/324575606421483521

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The thing about teams riding a ludicrous 9-0-1 streak is that it has to end. It's a law of averages. Will it be vs us, or someone else is the question? Go Sens is what I say to that!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:The thing about teams riding a ludicrous 9-0-1 streak is that it has to end. It's a law of averages. Will it be vs us, or someone else is the question? Go Sens is what I say to that!

oh no.... it's us. we are going to tear them a new one and they will soil their pants at the thought of facing us in the playoffs....

it's :rp: time!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nod

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Red Zone is opening up for tomorrow's game. Dang, I wish I could go. Maybe Saturday. Got tickets for the Leafs game now have to be nice to my wife so she lets me go Smile

Yes, dear.

Right away, dear.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY!

GO SENS!

Here's hoping Ovechkin celebrated getting his Gagarin Cup Ring late into the night (his KHL team -- Dynamo Moscow) won the Cup, and since he played half of their games he gets a ring).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big game for the Sens tonight to be sure. Need a win and need to send a message.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully Cowen can lay out Ovechkin and send him running home for the rest of the season/playoffs. Barring that, Kassian should just tomahawk-chop his head.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY!!!

Time to put the Caps' streak to an end.

GO SENS GO!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

All hail Matrix

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How awesome would that be if Andy got a Matrix-themed mask...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:How awesome would that be if Andy got a Matrix-themed mask...

That would take cockyness to a whole other level, lol. Being "the one" on a hockey team??? Don't think it would work and don't think it's in Anderson's character.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Definitely not in his character. But it would be spectacular.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum