GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm Jan. 20th, 2009

+13
Acrobat
The Silfer Server
PKC
shabbs
Hayden
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
asq2
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

The Sens are Washingtons Wing Dang Doodle right now, so hopefully they can keep the game close tonight. Caps = worst matchup in NHL for Sens.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Washington is 1-0-1 against the Senators this year, having dropped an overtime decision in Ottawa on November 4 before recording an easy 5-1 home decision on December 12. The Caps have won five of six and eight of the last 11 meetings overall in the series, but Washington has dropped three of five and six of its last nine in Ottawa.

How have they dropped six of their last nine against us? They won all 4 last year...

I'm late, but:

They dropped 6 of last nine IN OTTAWA. so only two of their 4 wins last season count here Wink

Apparently, Vermie's line with Picard and Kuba will be against Ovechkin, Backstrom and Green... That's scary...

I would play Auld tonight. Wink

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:Let's see...

40 games of sucking followed by the drafting of a franchise player and perhaps 10+ years of contending and brilliant hockey?

Or 40 games of OK hockey leading to more mediocrity?

The choice seems pretty obvious. Don't just think in the short-term; it's what the Leafs under Quinn and JFJ did and we mocked them for it.

I will be ok with seeing crap hockey for 40 more games if we absolutely deserve to suck. If those guys find a way to play good again, I won'T be there hoping for a loss every game... SOrry I just won't.

Suit yourself. There is no hope of making the playoffs, so I'd much rather finish last than 10th.

It doesn't mean you intentionally lose, but you set yourself up to lose by dealing away vets for picks, prospects and young players and then fielding an inexperienced line-up.

I want to see them lose with a good effort for sure, but if they dont try, why would I honestly want to see that?

The effort the players put in from this point forward will be a huge consideration going into next year. Who stays? Who goes? If ANYONE on that team short from Alfi mail it in, they are as good as gone IMO.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:Let's see...

40 games of sucking followed by the drafting of a franchise player and perhaps 10+ years of contending and brilliant hockey?

Or 40 games of OK hockey leading to more mediocrity?

The choice seems pretty obvious. Don't just think in the short-term; it's what the Leafs under Quinn and JFJ did and we mocked them for it.

I will be ok with seeing crap hockey for 40 more games if we absolutely deserve to suck. If those guys find a way to play good again, I won'T be there hoping for a loss every game... SOrry I just won't.

Suit yourself. There is no hope of making the playoffs, so I'd much rather finish last than 10th.

It doesn't mean you intentionally lose, but you set yourself up to lose by dealing away vets for picks, prospects and young players and then fielding an inexperienced line-up.

Let's make it clear though, I dont believe in the playoffs either at this point. BUt trading players for picks is a trade deadline plan IMO, a month and a half from now. Until then, Id like to see some effort and some winning "aura" on this team, because I dont think next year will be pretty if we still suck like this at the end of the season.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:I hope we don't win. I keep seeing people hoping for wins here... what happened top top 5 pick?

We're playing too well and that just might get them winning which scares me. We need the Red Army line (OV-Fed-Semin) to tear us a new one.

Personally I'd rather start to get excited about hockey rather than get excited by the draft. If they put together a phenominal run and make it interesting I would prefer that to crappy hockey, a deadline firesale and an event in Montreal sometime in June.

I nominate this for post of PotD (Post of the Day)!

I concurr!

I cant believe some guys are ready to see some tanking for another 40-ish games. As much as I want a good draft, Ive seriously had enough of the sucking.

+1

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm hoping for fast-paced, exciting hockey that still results in losing.

That's why I was upset when Elliott was called up. Mixed emotions.

I have no problem losing 6-5 with Gerber in nets, but not with Elliott.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How many points does Dany need to grab the lead heading to the All Stars Game?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, what was McGuire talking about? He said Ovechkin eased up on Alfie? He was skating directly from behind him, no boards in sight. It's kinda hard to hit someone really hard when you are skating int he same direction and there is nothing against which to hit.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Wow, I take back everything I said about Elliot. The kid made the right adjustments.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:How many points does Dany need to grab the lead heading to the All Stars Game?

League lead? 27 more.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Question: When Volchenkov returns, can you split up the Lee - Phillips pairing?

I think they look great together. But then where does Volchenkov go? Surely we can't play Smith and Volchenkov together.

asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:How many points does Dany need to grab the lead heading to the All Stars Game?

League lead? 27 more.
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....

..... ah Diddle it

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
asq2 wrote:

League lead? 27 more.
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....

..... ah Diddle it

Would be a showing for the ages.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

How about Rich freakin' Peverley?

The new Wellwood. Of course, he'll probably cool off.

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

I still don't understand the penalty for lifting a guys stick.

asq2 wrote:I'm hoping for fast-paced, exciting hockey that still results in losing.

That's why I was upset when Elliott was called up. Mixed emotions.

I have no problem losing 6-5 with Gerber in nets, but not with Elliott.

Man, you and I are on the same page. :cyclops:

asq2 wrote:How about Rich freakin' Peverley?

The new Wellwood. Of course, he'll probably cool off.

Too funny. Another goal tonight. Nashville has the worst offense in the league, I believe (Goals per game, not GF). Peverley has 7 points now in 4 games, while Nashville struggles to put anything in the net.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum