GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm Jan. 20th, 2009

+13
Acrobat
The Silfer Server
PKC
shabbs
Hayden
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
asq2
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Hayden

Rookie
Rookie

I still don't understand the penalty for lifting a guys stick.

asq2 wrote:I'm hoping for fast-paced, exciting hockey that still results in losing.

That's why I was upset when Elliott was called up. Mixed emotions.

I have no problem losing 6-5 with Gerber in nets, but not with Elliott.

Man, you and I are on the same page. :cyclops:

asq2 wrote:How about Rich freakin' Peverley?

The new Wellwood. Of course, he'll probably cool off.

Too funny. Another goal tonight. Nashville has the worst offense in the league, I believe (Goals per game, not GF). Peverley has 7 points now in 4 games, while Nashville struggles to put anything in the net.

marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:Let's see...

40 games of sucking followed by the drafting of a franchise player and perhaps 10+ years of contending and brilliant hockey?

Or 40 games of OK hockey leading to more mediocrity?

The choice seems pretty obvious. Don't just think in the short-term; it's what the Leafs under Quinn and JFJ did and we mocked them for it.

I will be ok with seeing crap hockey for 40 more games if we absolutely deserve to suck. If those guys find a way to play good again, I won'T be there hoping for a loss every game... SOrry I just won't.

Suit yourself. There is no hope of making the playoffs, so I'd much rather finish last than 10th.

It doesn't mean you intentionally lose, but you set yourself up to lose by dealing away vets for picks, prospects and young players and then fielding an inexperienced line-up.

Let's make it clear though, I dont believe in the playoffs either at this point. BUt trading players for picks is a trade deadline plan IMO, a month and a half from now. Until then, Id like to see some effort and some winning "aura" on this team, because I dont think next year will be pretty if we still suck like this at the end of the season.

I would think that next year will be hard to guage until we see what happens in the offseason. I'd bet money that there are massive changes if we continue to be a bottom feeder. What comes out of all the changes, who knows. I can't imagine us being any worse... affraid

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

So at what point during the second intermission did the boys agree to collectively suck through the next period?

What were the shots, 18-3 Washington?

Also, I think Spezza's playing hurt. He's being far too timid. And shoot the puck! Stop dangling in the slot!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:

40 games of sucking followed by the drafting of a franchise player and perhaps 10+ years of contending and brilliant hockey?

The choice seems pretty obvious. Don't just think in the short-term; it's what the Leafs under Quinn and JFJ did and we mocked them for it.

I will be ok with seeing crap hockey for 40 more games if we absolutely deserve to suck. If those guys find a way to play good again, I won'T be there hoping for a loss every game... SOrry I just won't.

Suit yourself. There is no hope of making the playoffs, so I'd much rather finish last than 10th.

It doesn't mean you intentionally lose, but you set yourself up to lose by dealing away vets for picks, prospects and young players and then fielding an inexperienced line-up.

Let's make it clear though, I dont believe in the playoffs either at this point. BUt trading players for picks is a trade deadline plan IMO, a month and a half from now. Until then, Id like to see some effort and some winning "aura" on this team, because I dont think next year will be pretty if we still suck like this at the end of the season.

I would think that next year will be hard to guage until we see what happens in the offseason. I'd bet money that there are massive changes if we continue to be a bottom feeder. What comes out of all the changes, who knows. I can't imagine us being any worse... affraid

Even if we are, Taylor Hall would be a nice consolation once again.

I dunno. I'd prefer sucking if it means we build a winner.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:So at what point during the second intermission did the boys agree to collectively suck through the next period?

What were the shots, 18-3 Washington?

Also, I think Spezza's playing hurt. He's being far too timid. And shoot the puck! Stop dangling in the slot!

Second intermission?

Seriously, though, Heatley gets two goals in the first and probably thinks he's done. He's got a total of three shots through 2 periods and I think he got all three in the first. Alfie kept pouring it on until he got the league lead. Sure, Alfie only had to get 7 for the lead, Dany needed 29, but that's not the point.

Hartsburg should have just sat him in the second.

I'm only about half joking.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens win!

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:
marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:

Even if we are, Taylor Hall would be a nice consolation once again.

I dunno. I'd prefer sucking if it means we build a winner.

You're preaching to the converted with me. Lord willing, we will have more converts as the seaon wears on. Amen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nice finish. Second was weak, but they poured it on in the third.

Ovechkin and Semin: 1 assist

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm still not really sure what to make of this Sens team.

Thats the third straight game that Heatley has made a game saving play in the latter stages. He's also got 5 goals in his last 3 games.
And yet, somehow, his play in the 2nd was anemic and lacklustre.
I'm also not sure what to make of this Sens team; and I am even more unsure of Heatley and what to make of him.

Last edited by cash on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PKC wrote:I'm still not really sure what to make of this Sens team.

They certainly are hard to figure out. I don't want to sound negative, but for what it's worth, Washington played last night, and the Sens really took advantage. The Caps were clearly sluggish from what I saw and heard, and the Sens capitalized scoring 3 PP markers. That is a positive sign. I don't think this is an indication that we are on our way back, or ready to compete with the top teams in the conference, but for people who are still hoping to see the team win, they've certainly done that, earning 3 wins in their last 4.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I must say I'm one of those that have converted and want the Sens to get a low draft pick, this year. However, it still hurts me every time we lose. When we lose, my mind says "yes", but my heart says "ow this hurts".

But my mind has found a very slight bright side to this victory, and it is that at least we beat a top ranking team and not someone we are competing for last with.

Bass Destruction wrote:I must say I'm one of those that have converted and want the Sens to get a low draft pick, this year. However, it still hurts me every time we lose. When we lose, my mind says "yes", but my heart says "ow this hurts".

But my mind has found a very slight bright side to this victory, and it is that at least we beat a top ranking team and not someone we are competing for last with.
Still, that top ranking team needed OT to beat the lowest ranking team...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Alex Ovechkin with 17 attempted shots? affraid

Brian Lee continues to impress me, even if Kozlov dangled him.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Also, I like Ovechkin and all, but the amount of @$$-kissing coming from McGuire is perverse. If I were AO, I'd take out a restraining order.

This was almost as bad as McGuire on Ryan Ellis at the World's.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:Alex Ovechkin with 17 attempted shots? affraid

Brian Lee continues to impress me, even if Kozlov dangled him.

That's why he's got over 100 shot lead on the next highest in the "shots on goal" totals. And that 100 shots is about 50% of the next highest (who is around 200, OV is around 300!; highest on the Sens is apparently Spezza, around 130...)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum