GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zubov being misused

+2
PKC
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:16 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
mattshock wrote:Spezza looked good in the first. Did he fall apart or something later on?
Some people just can't view some players objectively, for example I believe I am the only one who wants to get rid of the Preacher.

Meh, you can get rid of him, but then he leaves another hole. Depends what Murray wants to do by getting rid of Fisher. If its to improve our team then go for it, but if its not, its just a move for the sake of making a move.

Spezza wasnt that good in the first and the guy is just coasting and going through the motions right now without the puck.

Not to mention the guy is a career Senator with a no trade clause that might have something to do with it. Add in his declined production (stats wise), and you probably can't move him anyways.

Dead issue IMO.

17Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:19 pm

Pretty much no point in talking about Fisher being moved, prob wont be happening and his has the NTC and NMC.

18Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Pretty much no point in talking about Fisher being moved, prob wont be happening and his has the NTC and NMC.

I have been misunderstood. Fisher might be a bible thumper, but McAmmond is the Preacher. Aledgedly he pushes his religion on others, which could get a little annoying.

19Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:27 pm

RobbyJ wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Pretty much no point in talking about Fisher being moved, prob wont be happening and his has the NTC and NMC.

I have been misunderstood. Fisher might be a bible thumper, but McAmmond is the Preacher. Aledgedly he pushes his religion on others, which could get a little annoying.

Oh, meh, being here or not, I dont think its a big deal. He will prob de dealt at the deadline if we are out of it. 3rd or a 4th coming back. Good depth guy. Again, a lot bigger issues than that right now.

20Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:41 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

McCammond will more than likely retire after this season.

21Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:58 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

You think so? Will he be the first player to retire a Senator?

I can't think of any off hand.

22Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
mattshock wrote:Spezza looked good in the first. Did he fall apart or something later on?
Some people just can't view some players objectively, for example I believe I am the only one who wants to get rid of the Preacher.

Meh, you can get rid of him, but then he leaves another hole. Depends what Murray wants to do by getting rid of Fisher. If its to improve our team then go for it, but if its not, its just a move for the sake of making a move.

Spezza wasnt that good in the first and the guy is just coasting and going through the motions right now without the puck.

Strongly disagree on Spezza coasting. He was hogging the puck a lot. He was playing like he was the only one wearing red last night. If I was defending him I'd say he tried to do too much. I'm not defending him. He should not have been trying to do too much.

That said, I think we both agree that this was not a good game for Jason. Which makes me wonder what McGuire was talking about. He said that Spezza was working his Donkey off, and I really cannot agree.

23Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

RobbyJ wrote:

I knew who you meant. Neely didn't. For the record, I think you're being unfair in your criticism of McAmmond, and calling him The Preacher shows where you stand in that regard. Did he personally try to Save you or something? Why do you resent him so?

24Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mattshock wrote:You think so? Will he be the first player to retire a Senator?

Curious, I can't think of any either. There must be some who played their last game as a Senator, but those were the ones who were released or UFAs that didn't get re-signed anywhere.

25Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:45 pm

wprager wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

Strongly disagree on Spezza coasting. He was hogging the puck a lot. He was playing like he was the only one wearing red last night. If I was defending him I'd say he tried to do too much. I'm not defending him. He should not have been trying to do too much.

That said, I think we both agree that this was not a good game for Jason. Which makes me wonder what McGuire was talking about. He said that Spezza was working his Donkey off, and I really cannot agree.

In the 3rd period he was defently hogging that puck a lot. I was talking more about the first where Heatley played his best period of hockey by far of the season. He was as dominate in that period as anybody in the league has been this year for a period. Great 1st period for Heatley.

Im talking about coasting without the puck, through the nutral zone. He was the last guy back a lot last night, not to say that he should alwys be the 1st guy back because he does play down low in the offense zone and its not reasonable to think he should be the 1st guy back all the time. He has to move his feet though, there were a couple plays where if he was moving his feet, the scoring chances were there. He is wating for something to happen as apposed to working hard to make it happen.

26Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:47 pm

wprager wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

I knew who you meant. Neely didn't. For the record, I think you're being unfair in your criticism of McAmmond, and calling him The Preacher shows where you stand in that regard. Did he personally try to Save you or something? Why do you resent him so?

In all fairness that is why he was moved out of a few places because he takes his beliefs and values into the dressing room and preeches. That is no better than someone else pushing their beliefs and views on people, but thats a totally different discussion. It should be hockey only in the room when your talking about beliefs and values, thats it.

27Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:47 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:

Curious, I can't think of any either. There must be some who played their last game as a Senator, but those were the ones who were released or UFAs that didn't get re-signed anywhere.

how about lapointe last year? There have been lots over the years.

28Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:23 pm

jawal wrote:
wprager wrote:

lapointe hasnt officially retired as far as I know. he's still looking for work

29Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

jawal wrote:
wprager wrote:

I'm pretty sure we're looking for those who announced their retirement while they were still Senators. So either those who pre-announce that they will retire following the season, or those who announce it before their contract runs out.

30Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:
In the 3rd period he was defently hogging that puck a lot. I was talking more about the first where Heatley played his best period of hockey by far of the season. He was as dominate in that period as anybody in the league has been this year for a period. Great 1st period for Heatley.

Im talking about coasting without the puck, through the nutral zone. He was the last guy back a lot last night, not to say that he should alwys be the 1st guy back because he does play down low in the offense zone and its not reasonable to think he should be the 1st guy back all the time. He has to move his feet though, there were a couple plays where if he was moving his feet, the scoring chances were there. He is wating for something to happen as apposed to working hard to make it happen.

That explains it. I didn't see much of the first. Was running back and forth and mostly just heard the audio.

31Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:28 pm

Tukker wrote:
jawal wrote:
wprager wrote:

lapointe hasnt officially retired as far as I know. he's still looking for work

He should find work I suspect. He'll have to take the minimum but he's a good 4th line grit guy.

32Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Varada? No?

33Zubov being misused - Page 2 Empty Re: Zubov being misused Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock34 wrote:
He should find work I suspect. He'll have to take the minimum but he's a good 4th line grit guy.

minimum: agree
4th line: agree
grit guy: huh?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum