GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So Chris Neil getting his jersey retired now?
I mean, we all love Chris Neil but is he really the type of player that gets a jersey retired?
Did they forget they have a ring of honour?

Modern history of the Sens, the only player that should get a retired jersey is Alfie and maybe Karlsson one day.
Could be someone on the team that gets it too but too early to tell.

Neil > Karlsson

Interesting take, but I think I agree? I'm thrilled that Neiler gets his number retired. Put Andy, Karl and Spezza in the Ring of Honour because they didn't retire as a Senator (yes, I know that Alfie retired on a manufactured contract -- but he did enough before that).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I sure hope Holden is injured. Can't believe he's being scratched for Zaitsev
They both stink

Zaitsev is a rightie -- right now, with Zub on the shelf, they only have 3 righties. If Holden plays then someone has to play on his wrong side, and it's very likely that Chabot will play on both sides in the same game -- not ideal. JBD is a rightie and it's time for him to get an extended look. But that only makes up for Zub. Everything right now hinges on Zub recovering before they are double digits out of a playoff spot (right now they are 7 points out with a game in hand on Tampa/Florida).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:When do we start talking about Bedard

When they are double-digits out.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love how sens fans always talk about other teams and their great analytics, yet when the sens play well and have good analytics it’s meaningless because they don’t win. Such a hypocrisy in this fanbase.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I love how sens fans always talk about other teams and their great analytics, yet when the sens play well and have good analytics it’s meaningless because they don’t win. Such a hypocrisy in this fanbase.

Anyone in particular? Or just in the general Sens-twitter-blows-up sense?

I think it's valid tp bring up a concern when a team's analytics are poor but their record is still good, as that is a possible indication that things are about to start unravelling. That's the inverse of our situation (good analytics but bad record) and it *may* mean that things are about to whatever is the opposite of unravelling. However I would say it makes perfect sense to sound the alarm when something bad appears to be starting to happen; not sure it makes sense to *turn off* the alarm when it appears that something good is about to start happening. There isn't a single threshold for turning an alarm on and off (gotta have some hysteresis).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zaitsev and Hellberg on waivers.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:I love how sens fans always talk about other teams and their great analytics, yet when the sens play well and have good analytics it’s meaningless because they don’t win. Such a hypocrisy in this fanbase.

Anyone in particular?  Or just in the general Sens-twitter-blows-up sense?

I think it's valid tp bring up a concern when a team's analytics are poor but their record is still good, as that is a possible indication that things are about to start unravelling.  That's the inverse of our situation (good analytics but bad record) and it *may* mean that things are about to whatever is the opposite of unravelling.  However I would say it makes perfect sense to sound the alarm when something bad appears to be starting to happen; not sure it makes sense to *turn off* the alarm when it appears that something good is about to start happening.  There isn't a single threshold for turning an alarm on and off (gotta have some hysteresis).

Just in general. Yes agreed. If the team was winning and had Dung analytics they’d all be saying it’s a mirage and we’ll lose eventually. So why can’t the same be said when we’re losing with good analytics? To me I would only fire the coach if we could actually bring in a Julien or trotz, not a guy like Mann.

I think we’re still showing well. Let’s say they win 4 in a row again, we’re back to 500.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If they win in Jersey I'll be very surprised. This will be Zub's first game back (I assume he's ready since they waived Zaitsev) and JBD will be playing without the extra adrenaline or the protection of last change. And the Devils are scoring at will.

In other words is probably a guaranteed win for the Sens.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:If they win in Jersey I'll be very surprised.  This will be Zub's first game back (I assume he's ready since they waived Zaitsev) and JBD will be playing without the extra adrenaline or the protection of last change.  And the Devils are scoring at will.  

In other words is probably a guaranteed win for the Sens.

Zub isn’t making the trip

And just to be clear I’m not saying they will win four in a row…i just used that figure since we already did that this year

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Zaitsev and Hellberg on waivers.  

Is that the only way Dorion can get DJ to not play him?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Zaitsev and Hellberg on waivers.  

Is that the only way Dorion can get DJ to not play him?

OK, so in 2013 they eliminated re-entry waivers. This means that Zaitsev -- although he has been waived -- could still remain with the team and be re-inserted into the lineup. Recall that Zack Smith was waived in the pre-season, re-joined the team after he cleared and played in the season opener.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Holden will replace Zaitsev in the lineup, I assume Forsberg will start. We'll find out at 2PM if Zaitsev cleared (yeah, probably don't need to wait). DJ said if the clears they'll work on his confidence; this is not a "confidence building" league so I hope this means Belleville.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Holden will replace Zaitsev in the lineup, I assume Forsberg will start. We'll find out at 2PM if Zaitsev cleared (yeah, probably don't need to wait).  DJ said if the clears they'll work on his confidence; this is not a "confidence building" league so I hope this means Belleville.

I hope so too but honestly I doubt it. I'll be pissed if DJ spends even an extra ounce of time working on Zaitsev's confidence. He needs to realize that addition by subtraction is a real thing

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Seattle grabs Hellberg. Zaitsev and Reilly clear.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m coming around to the Chris Neil jersey retirement. More so than Phillips actually.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, a loss but a (potentially) important loser point thanks to Pinto showing off for his posse (and Forsberg's 2nd period heroics).

What is it about that blasted 2nd period? I'd greatly reduce the shift lengths in the period so that they aren't trying the long change when the legs are gone. Count to 30 and then look for getting off, unless you are deep in the offensive zone and in control of the puck; in that case cycle to the blue line and use the first opportunity to change (you're practically at the bench already).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The post-Zaitsev-waiver era has begun with a loser point. .500 for now. Grab the W in Philly, win 5 of the next 7 and another loser point and they are back at .500 after 20. It's doable and would be a decent platform to, then, make a push to climb in the standings. 1PM start tomorrow.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Another one goal loss. We have a positive goal differential without empty net goals factored in. Just need a win to get the morale going.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum