GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Well, a loss but a (potentially) important loser point thanks to Pinto showing off for his posse (and Forsberg's 2nd period heroics).

What is it about that blasted 2nd period? I'd greatly reduce the shift lengths in the period so that they aren't trying the long change when the legs are gone. Count to 30 and then look for getting off, unless you are deep in the offensive zone and in control of the puck; in that case cycle to the blue line and use the first opportunity to change (you're practically at the bench already).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The post-Zaitsev-waiver era has begun with a loser point. .500 for now. Grab the W in Philly, win 5 of the next 7 and another loser point and they are back at .500 after 20. It's doable and would be a decent platform to, then, make a push to climb in the standings. 1PM start tomorrow.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Another one goal loss. We have a positive goal differential without empty net goals factored in. Just need a win to get the morale going.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Its a loss but a good one. NJ had been on a tear. Once Zub is back I think we start seeing some wins come our way. JBD has been a good addition. At some point I'd like to see Thomson given a chance. We're missing a heavy point shot on the PP.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Until Zub is back we are going to see both Holden and Hamonic in the lineup, which leads to Chabot playing over 25 minutes (he played something like 32 in Jersey). Regardless of what he and DJ say Chabot's play is *not* elevated when he plays over 25 minutes. More recently Brannstrom has not been playing well. He played a season high 21:32 against Philly, then was a -2 against Vancouver and his ice time dropped to under 9 minutes against Jersey (benched due to poor play). I suspect he's overused at 20+ and gets worn out, which just leads to Chabot playing even more.

All that to say we need to bring up another body unless Zub is ready to draw back in (and maybe even beyond that).

My D-rules going forward:
- max 1 of Holden/Hamonic in the lineup
- max 25 minutes for Chabot; if he plays more than 25 keep him off the PP next game
- max 20 minutes for Brannstrom; if he plays more than 20 he sits next game
-

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Im guaranteeing a win tonight

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Im guaranteeing a win tonight
For who

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens. Lock it up. A free bet on thescore has been placed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Really hoping we stop talking so much about alfredsson after Monday.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What's with the 5 o'clock start on Monday?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What's with the 5 o'clock start on Monday?

They will show a live viewing of the alfredsson hall of fame ceremony after the game

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Nice gesture. Kanata traffic going to be a disaster

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Does anyone know the extent of Chabot injury ?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Concussion.  Out a week minimum

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Nice gesture. Kanata traffic going to be a disaster

Luckily I'm only in the office Tuesdays and Thursdays.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Concussion.  Out a week minimum

Thank goodness it's not the shoulder, but with concussions it's never the same twice. Hopefully not much longer than a week.

Anyone know much about the guy that are bringing up? Jacob Larsson? 165 NHL games over 5 seasons. -10 in 12 Belleville games makes me think he's only here for emergencies and not likely to play. Which means Zub.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe strike that. Zub in a non-contact jersey at practice today, guess he's not playing tomorrow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Larsson was paired up with JBD in Belleville. Maybe they have chemistry. Also had a decent camp (waived one the last day). Fingers crossed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum