GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm also not sure I see what everyone likes so much about Nrown. He makes a lot of really bad decisions and forces things when he doesn't need to

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm also not sure I see what everyone likes so much about Nrown. He makes a lot of really bad decisions and forces things when he doesn't need to

Brown is a puck hound, defensively responsible, and a reliable 40-50 point scorer. He’s just streaky.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I get that but he's 100% not a top six forward. I feel like he weighs down Stutzle so much. I realize Batherson didn't play too which is why he was up there

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I get that but he's 100% not a top six forward. I feel like he weighs down Stutzle so much. I realize Batherson didn't play too which is why he was up there

A 50 point player is a legit second liner. That’s really not debatable.

That being said next year he will most likely be on the third line. But he’s still very important especially on Pk

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I get that but he's 100% not a top six forward. I feel like he weighs down Stutzle so much. I realize Batherson didn't play too which is why he was up there

That being said next year he will most likely be on the third line. But he’s still very important especially on Pk

Connor Brown's never hit 50 points in his career. His career high was 3 years ago (his first year in Ottawa) at 43. He had 6, 36, 28 and 29 with Toronto, and 43, 35 and 37 with Ottawa. Third line numbers.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Connor Brown's never hit 50 points in his career. His career high was 3 years ago (his first year in Ottawa) at 43. He had 6, 36, 28 and 29 with Toronto, and 43, 35 and 37 with Ottawa. Third line numbers.

You’re kidding right? His past three seasons are all 50+ point paces. He’s a legit top six forward but we would definitely should be better/deeper if he was on our third line

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

50 point pace and 50 point player are two different things. You can't call someone who has never hit 50 points a 50 point player. It's like calling Norris a 45 goal scorer or Batherson an 80 point player. It's just simply not true.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He's also 28 and is either in his prime or is coming down from his prime. Chances are he never hits 50 points in his career. What I can say definitively is that he's a good PKer, effective 200 foot player, and a middle six forward but best served on the 3rd line. TSN actually only has him registered with 12 hits this season. I don't think that can be right but that would put him 1 below Sokolov for context

Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The score lists him with 12 hits as well.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Connor Brown is excellent at his role and the exact type of guy we want on line 3. I still don't understand why people Dung on him. His advanced stats are pretty good. He's been one of our most consistent players for three years now...and for a two way guy, getting an average of 0.63 points per game over the last three seasons is great.

If he ends up on line 2 or wherever, that's not his fault.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:50 point pace and 50 point player are two different things. You can't call someone who has never hit 50 points a 50 point player. It's like calling Norris a 45 goal scorer or Batherson an 80 point player. It's just simply not true.

Sure you can. And your examples of Norris and Batherson are totally different. Pace is what matters when you’re not talking about some random callup or whatever. When you have three straight years with the same pace, it isn’t a fluke. It isn’t a one off year like Batherson or Norris.

Brown was easily going to hit 50 in a full year the last two seasons. Last year was shortened because it was a shorter year, not because of injury

He’s a 50 point player without question for me.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He's also 28 and is either in his prime or is coming down from his prime. Chances are he never hits 50 points in his career. What I can say definitively is that he's a good PKer, effective 200 foot player, and a middle six forward but best served on the 3rd line. TSN actually only has him registered with 12 hits this season. I don't think that can be right but that would put him 1 below Sokolov for context

He’s not a hitter. What does that have to do with anything?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Connor Brown is excellent at his role and the exact type of guy we want on line 3.  I still don't understand why people Dung on him.  His advanced stats are pretty good.  He's been one of our most consistent players for three years now...and for a two way guy, getting an average of 0.63 points per game over the last three seasons is great.

If he ends up on line 2 or wherever, that's not his fault.

Yup, he’s exactly the kind of guy every team wants and He’s very consistent the last three years

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We've got other players who like hitting. Although I could see how, in a playoff series hitting the opposition, repeatedly, is desirable (less so in the regular season where you are just softening them up for their next opponent). If there was something negative about Brown is that his offensive numbers drop in the post-season (small sample size, though).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:We've got other players who like hitting. Although I could see how, in a playoff series hitting the opposition, repeatedly, is desirable (less so in the regular season where you are just softening them up for their next opponent).  If there was something negative about Brown is that his offensive numbers drop in the post-season (small sample size, though).

Yes. I like physicality for sure. But like you said we have plenty of guys who will do that. We need a PKer like brown

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum