GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Connor Brown is excellent at his role and the exact type of guy we want on line 3.  I still don't understand why people Dung on him.  His advanced stats are pretty good.  He's been one of our most consistent players for three years now...and for a two way guy, getting an average of 0.63 points per game over the last three seasons is great.

If he ends up on line 2 or wherever, that's not his fault.

Yup, he’s exactly the kind of guy every team wants and He’s very consistent the last three years

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

We've got other players who like hitting. Although I could see how, in a playoff series hitting the opposition, repeatedly, is desirable (less so in the regular season where you are just softening them up for their next opponent). If there was something negative about Brown is that his offensive numbers drop in the post-season (small sample size, though).

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:We've got other players who like hitting. Although I could see how, in a playoff series hitting the opposition, repeatedly, is desirable (less so in the regular season where you are just softening them up for their next opponent).  If there was something negative about Brown is that his offensive numbers drop in the post-season (small sample size, though).

Yes. I like physicality for sure. But like you said we have plenty of guys who will do that. We need a PKer like brown

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I guess I always thought of him as a grinder but 12 hits speaks otherwise. 12 hits can't be right anyway. He has 2 tonight. I'm also not against connor brown. I'm just calling him what he is. A third liner

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Another embarrassing loss handed to detroit.

How many empty net goals is that for Stützle this season? 😅

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Another embarrassing loss handed to detroit.

How many empty net goals is that for Stützle this season? 😅

I was thinking the same. Whatever though - anything to help with his confidence. He's now only a few points shy of 50!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I missed the 3rd period last night, and then saw an article somewhere with the headline "Stutzle leads Sens past Wings"...and then I looked at the scoring and saw him with two empty netters!

I love the way he's playing lately though...and he's gonna draw a zillion penalties over the course of his career.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I missed the 3rd period last night, and then saw an article somewhere with the headline "Stutzle leads Sens past Wings"...and then I looked at the scoring and saw him with two empty netters!

I love the way he's playing lately though...and he's gonna draw a zillion penalties over the course of his career.

Needs to reel in the theatrics though. Only thing I hate about his game.

Also Sens should be all in to try to get Lafreniere from New York

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I missed the 3rd period last night, and then saw an article somewhere with the headline "Stutzle leads Sens past Wings"...and then I looked at the scoring and saw him with two empty netters!

Agreed 100% but what do we have to offer NYR? It would probably take our 1st this year + a high-end prospect (Greig?). Does it make sense for us to do that? I haven't seen enough of his game to really comment but I've always been concerned that Laf would be like Daigle. So much hype around him.

I think the Habs should make a pitch for Laf at the draft personally.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Agreed 100% but what do we have to offer NYR? It would probably take our 1st this year + a high-end prospect (Greig?). Does it make sense for us to do that? I haven't seen enough of his game to really comment but I've always been concerned that Laf would be like Daigle. So much hype around him.

I think the Habs should make a pitch for Laf at the draft personally.

Why would the rags even want that deal?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Well that's what I'm saying. I'm not sure we have what they want and I'm not sure what he's worth right now . 48 points in 128 NHL games leaves a lot to be desired

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Mendes unleashed on the Athletic

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Mendes unleashed on the Athletic

what?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

what?

He’s talking about a “scathing” article that the athletic finally released about melnyk and his legacy. I love how they didn’t have the balls to post that while he was alive. Some pretty funny stuff in there to be honest. If that was published while he was alive, that would have done nothing.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

what?

He’s talking about a “scathing” article that the athletic finally released about melnyk and his legacy. I love how they didn’t have the balls to post that while he was alive. Some pretty funny stuff in there to be honest. If that was published while he was alive, that would have done nothing.

I've known about this article for a while. The intent was to release it when he was alive and to essentially show expose Melnyk's financials and antics. Maybe they dodged a bullet as he could have sued for libel if he was alive? (I'm not a lawyer).

I agree with Ev. Some pretty funny stuff albeit I think it's more on the 'disturbing' side. He's clearly a maniac with a lot of issues.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

what?

I've known about this article for a while. The intent was to release it when he was alive and to essentially show expose Melnyk's financials and antics. Maybe they dodged a bullet as he could have sued for libel if he was alive? (I'm not a lawyer).

I agree with Ev. Some pretty funny stuff albeit I think it's more on the 'disturbing' side. He's clearly a maniac with a lot of issues.

People knew about it for almost a year now, so I was wondering why they never released it. Seems kind of tasteless to do so but whatever. It kind of feels like they didn’t find what they were looking for, nothing that juicy.

Like you said he was clearly deranged at some points, and was definitely an alcoholic pre liver transplant. The parts about chirping Bergeron or saying the team would get moose sized rings if they win the cup was pretty funny

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oh ya. Definitely some funny parts. I guess I question the timing but for a piece like this, is there ever a good time?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

God damn athletic paywall

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum