GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Point is *something* has to be tried.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Same issues over and over and no changes to the lineup. Chabot needs to see a sports psychiatrist.

Why not pair him up with Sanderson instead of having him playing his wrong side with Brannstrom? Sanderson has been their best D so he deserves the promotion and, who knows, might light a fire under Chabot's Donkey.

Why would pairing him with Sanderson light a fire under his Donkey? I would think demoting him to second pair would do that moreso.

The loss of Norris can’t be overstated. Any bubble type team will be severely impacted by losing their best centre.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

JBD sent back to Beeville. Spent two days in Ottawa, missing 2 Belleville games and getting into one(?) on-ice session.

What a moronic move.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Same issues over and over and no changes to the lineup. Chabot needs to see a sports psychiatrist.

Why not pair him up with Sanderson instead of having him playing his wrong side with Brannstrom? Sanderson has been their best D so he deserves the promotion and, who knows, might light a fire under Chabot's Donkey.

Why would pairing him with Sanderson light a fire under his Donkey? I would think demoting him to second pair would do that moreso.

The loss of Norris can’t be overstated. Any bubble type team will be severely impacted by losing their best centre.

I suggested that earlier. Subsequent post says *something* needs to be done.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As to why it would motivate Chabot:
- rookie D man promotion to support notion that he is *now* the top D
- paired up with someone who plays *with urgency* might motivate him to do the same
- having both of the top-pairing playing on their natural side also won't hurt

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He's so slow and can't get anything on the net. They demoted him to pp2 yesterday too. Probably where he should be until he turns things around.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I wouldn't call him slow -- that's just his style, he slows things down. Problem is (and this is not my take -- forgot where I heard it) this "slow-things-down" may work for him but with a young team full of offensively gifted players it is not meshing. Players like Stutzle and DeBrincat and Batherson and Brady and so on see this on the powerplay whenever they lose possession: Chabot slowly going back to retrieve the puck, then slowly bringing it out of, while they are screaming (inside) for the puck at the far blue line.

It's clearly his style, not laziness, but it just makes me cringe every time the puck is cleared and the long-slow-deliberate trek back up ice begins. That's the way I perceive it and it wouldn't be a stretch to think it has a similar effect on the forwards.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't know what it is but it's like any sort of offensive instincts have gone down the toilet. Honestly though, I'm not too concerned about Chabot. Any struggles that he's having are made up for by how good Sanderson is. If Chabot gets relegated to low 20 mins a night and PP2 then so be it. The more games played by Sanderson, the better he will be.

Really this team is struggling for a few reasons:

- Our defense is terrible (we know that going into the season)
- There is way too much running around in the D zone
- Our coach makes bad decisions
- Norris injury killed our depth
- DeBrincat isn't scoring
- We're not burying our chances

IMO we need three of these six things to be fixed if we want any sort of short at the playoffs this year. Still, every game we lost has been by one goal (minus empty nets) and we're 0-6 with Zaitsev in the lineup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Norris won't have surgery, will try rehabbing it for a few weeks and see where he's at.

Dorion gives DJ his support -- a.k.a. "kiss of death".

JBD will play against Vancouver; possibly paired up with Chabot.

At least we didn't try signing Mitchell Miller.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I still feel it's very strange that JBD was called up for 2 days and was sent back without seeing any action, only to be brought up again the next day. Obviously he was sent back because they were assuming Zub was good to go but something happened (they said he will go on the road trip but did not guarantee he will play; obviously he won't be playing tomorrow).

Still very strange if the GM brings up a player and the coach doesn't play him. If all they wanted was a warm body Heatherington would be perfect.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I sure hope Holden is injured. Can't believe he's being scratched for Zaitsev

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Chris Neil getting his jersey retired now?
I mean, we all love Chris Neil but is he really the type of player that gets a jersey retired?
Did they forget they have a ring of honour?

Modern history of the Sens, the only player that should get a retired jersey is Alfie and maybe Karlsson one day.
Could be someone on the team that gets it too but too early to tell.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:So Chris Neil getting his jersey retired now?
I mean, we all love Chris Neil but is he really the type of player that gets a jersey retired?

Modern history of the Sens, the only player that should get a retired jersey is Alfie and maybe Karlsson one day.

Neil > Karlsson

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I sure hope Holden is injured. Can't believe he's being scratched for Zaitsev
They both stink

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

When do we start talking about Bedard

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So Chris Neil getting his jersey retired now?

Neil > Karlsson

Interesting take, but I think I agree? I'm thrilled that Neiler gets his number retired. Put Andy, Karl and Spezza in the Ring of Honour because they didn't retire as a Senator (yes, I know that Alfie retired on a manufactured contract -- but he did enough before that).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I sure hope Holden is injured. Can't believe he's being scratched for Zaitsev
They both stink

Zaitsev is a rightie -- right now, with Zub on the shelf, they only have 3 righties. If Holden plays then someone has to play on his wrong side, and it's very likely that Chabot will play on both sides in the same game -- not ideal. JBD is a rightie and it's time for him to get an extended look. But that only makes up for Zub. Everything right now hinges on Zub recovering before they are double digits out of a playoff spot (right now they are 7 points out with a game in hand on Tampa/Florida).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:When do we start talking about Bedard

When they are double-digits out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum