GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommendations on what to watch

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

16Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:36 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I watched "Arctic" on Netflix last night. A Mads Mikkelsen movie about a guy stranded in...the Arctic. It was good!

17Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:31 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sadly, I almost never watch movies any more. Just shows, now. The new season of The Sinner is a tough watch. It's good ... but in a bad way

wprager likes this post

18Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:32 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Typically after an episode of The Sinner I put on a return of Castle to cleanse the palate.

19Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:25 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sadly, I almost never watch movies any more. Just shows, now. The new season of The Sinner is a tough watch. It's good ... but in a bad way

Is each season of the Sinner independent from the last? I tried the first season and only made it through two or three episodes. Everyone was way too annoying to watch it lol.

20Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:46 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The first season of the Sinner started off slow but you should plow through it. It was really good IMO

And yeah the next season is independent from the other

21Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:21 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:The first season of the Sinner started off slow but you should plow through it. It was really good IMO

And yeah the next season is independent from the other

Yeah. That was a great show. Watched all 3 seasons in about 2 weeks. There’s depth to that show.

22Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:22 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I read the book for The Sinner...maybe I'll return to the show. I genuinely didn't like the actor that played the detective and I didn't like the husband and I didn't like Jessica Biel in it either...so I dunno if I'd be able to get past that.

23Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They only connection is Bill Pullman - he's in every season. In that way it's a bit like Cardinal. I thought Jessica Biel was surprisingly good in S1. S2 was kinda weird. Both Matt Bomer (White Collar) and Chris Messina (Danny from The Mindy Project) are very good in S3. But in finding the story a little hard to take. They are essentially certifiably insane.

24Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i prefered season 1 and 2. 3 was meh to me.
I love Bill Pullman and really enjoyed Jessica in the first season.

I hope they keep putting more seasons out though.

25Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm a bit creeped out by S3. I keep screaming at the characters "GET OUT!!!" Why does his wife stick around even after he confessed to the murder? What the heck is Ambrose doing getting in the grave???! (why not just pull out his gun and arrest him with the confession note in his pocket?) And the lady artist (that's "Susan" from Friends, btw) getting weird with Mr. B.

And I'm just not seeing the Ambrose/"Susan" romance.

That said, I'm still watching (but just one per night). The kids with the big head in S2 kinda freaked me out.

26Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:42 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I thought I had mentioned it here but maybe not...The Flight Attendant is good. It's got the chick from the Big Bang Theory.

27Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Where is it streaming?

Also, "chick"?

28Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:16 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Where is it streaming?

Also, "chick"?

I think it's an HBO show...I dunno, I just downloaded it.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chick

29Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"many women find it offensive"

30Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:58 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Laughing3

31Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:17 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Finished the Flight Attendant. Really, really good.

We're thinking to try out Snowpiercer on Netflix next. Anyone watch it?

32Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I watched S1. Wasn't a fan at the start but it got better. When S2 came out I was about to start watching when I found out my wife had started watching S1. But she was fickle and watching other shows. Eventually I re-watched S1 with her and now we're on E4 or 5 of S2.

Probably a bit of a spoiler, but Sean Bean is *not* in S1, but everyone pretty much knew he would be in S2. And, let me tell you, he's one sick mofo. Poor Kevin. I've said too much.

33Recommendations on what to watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Started a new one called The One. Interesting premise. Horrible Rotten Tomato score. Wife loved it -- she binged through it in a few days and now re-watching S1 together.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum