GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hardwood flooring recommendations (Ottawa/Kanata)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We are getting quotes on getting h/w floors. We've got two quotes and want to get a third -- either Home Depot or Flooring Canada. Both require you to come in -- they won't make an appointment over the phone for an estimate. Does anyone have a recommendation (positive or negative) for one or the other? Anyone with experience with both -- which is better? Or maybe there is a recommendation for some other place we haven't heard about?

It's roughly 1,000 sq ft. Not looking for the cheapest, but won't turn down a good deal either. HD had a 10% off event back in March -- do they do these sales regularly?

Oh, and Go Sens Go.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I had an excellent experience with End Of The Roll but they did Carpet and Linoleum for my house so I can't say how they would be for Hardwood. I would imagine you'd be able to get a pretty good deal though since it's a relatively small space you are looking to have done. Of course if you're looking for the real stuff that is installed, sanded and finished right in the home then you won't be going with End Of the Roll because I think they only deal in the tongue and groove pre-finished hardwood.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I had an excellent experience with End Of The Roll but they did Carpet and Linoleum for my house so I can't say how they would be for Hardwood. I would imagine you'd be able to get a pretty good deal though since it's a relatively small space you are looking to have done. Of course if you're looking for the real stuff that is installed, sanded and finished right in the home then you won't be going with End Of the Roll because I think they only deal in the tongue and groove pre-finished hardwood.

Our first house we had the pre-finished stuff and it wasn't very good. Big grooves and even small gaps in some places (we had birds and the bird-seed got in the gaps between the boards). That was about 15 years ago, and the stuff they have now is better. Plus we'd be going for the 4" boards (we had the narrow ones -- 2-1/2? -- in the townhome).

I like site-finished, had it in the next two houses, but both times it was installed before we moved in. Now it will have to be done while we're in it, and our oldest has asthma. The sanding will create a ton of dust. Chances are we'll go for pre-finished.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Go have a look at End Of the Roll and price it out then.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum