GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question for GM hockey members in the Ottawa/Neapean/Kanata area

+4
shabbs
davetherave
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hello fellow GM HOCKEY NUTS!

O.k. long story, but I'll try and sum it up quickly.

I've made it no secret that I am attempting to line up a decent job so that I and my family can return home to Ottawa; now that unfortunately isn't going as well or as smoothly as I'd hoped, but I'm still plugging away and hoping for the best.

Now, our lease on our Toyota Matrix is coming due in a few months, and I thought I would LOVE to do a road trip back home as I haven't been back since 2004 I believe and my Nanny has yet to lay her eyes on her Great grandson and great granddaughter, but I digress.

What I am wondering is my experience has taught me that you can NEVER have too many connections and referrals, so what I'm wondering is if anyone can recommend a reputable (I use that term loosely of course) and great deal Toyota Dealership and/or Sales person to deal with as the deals in our neck of the woods aren't that great sadly.

I appreciate any input any of you can suggest, and please, I'm not asking for any of you to put your word(s) or collective necks on the line for me or my family by 'vouching' for me or anything, merely asking for your recommendations or advice on a good dealership that increases my odds of haggling and/or snagging a good deal.

Thanks everyone.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Luckily, in and around Ottawa there are several Toyota dealerships. My advice to you is to negotiate a good deal and then move on to the next one and see if they can better it.

I know a guy who saved 5000 bucks on his second try.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Tony Graham Lexus Toyota is the biggest dealer in the Ottawa area...

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Excellent! Thanks so much boys...
As a matter of fact, I am VERY familiar with Tony Lexus one, as it is LITERALLY right around the corner from my Nanny and Godmother who live off Baseline.

My in-laws did the EXACT thing you suggested Seaway and they saved a decent amount when they purchased their new Venza. My wife and I are looking at a Rav 4 I believe, as we're trying to find vehicles or a vehicle that can accomodate a rear-facing car seat without sacrificing leg room for the shotgun passenger, which I must tell you is NO easy task. Sad

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronie wrote:Excellent! Thanks so much boys...
As a matter of fact, I am VERY familiar with Tony Lexus one, as it is LITERALLY right around the corner from my Nanny and Godmother who live off Baseline.

My in-laws did the EXACT thing you suggested Seaway and they saved a decent amount when they purchased their new Venza. My wife and I are looking at a Rav 4 I believe, as we're trying to find vehicles or a vehicle that can accomodate a rear-facing car seat without sacrificing leg room for the shotgun passenger, which I must tell you is NO easy task. Sad

Especially when you're buying Japanese. :$:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A Rav4 would be a very good choice. Toyota's are legendary and the Rav4 has one of the highest value-retention ratings as well.

We're looking at a new vehicle to replace my wife's Vibe and have been considering something like a Ford Edge and possibly a Toyota Rav4. It's all about how good a deal one can get.

Here's my "family" vehicle of choice... heh heh:

Question for GM hockey members in the Ottawa/Neapean/Kanata area N524790070_2973856_4781482

I'll give you one guess what the license plate says...

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:A Rav4 would be a very good choice. Toyota's are legendary and the Rav4 has one of the highest value-retention ratings as well.

We're looking at a new vehicle to replace my wife's Vibe and have been considering something like a Ford Edge and possibly a Toyota Rav4. It's all about how good a deal one can get.

Here's my "family" vehicle of choice... heh heh:

Question for GM hockey members in the Ottawa/Neapean/Kanata area N524790070_2973856_4781482

I'll give you one guess what the license plate says...

Shabbs

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

caissie_1 wrote:Shabbs
Yessir!

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Gotta love the power to zoom :D:

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ford Edge are interesting, but from what i've read and from other friends and family, Toyota and Honda (in our price range) are built to last... BElieve me, I'd LOVE to drive off in a BMW X5 or my wife's all-time dream, Land Rover, but sadly, Melnyk never returns my calls for employment, so it's off to Toyota for me.

On a funny note, anyone here with small children? Have any of you run into the same issue in terms of installing rear-facing child seats and then having to move the shotgun seat SO far forward that NO ONE, not even a midget, can use the seat!?

It was SO frustrating for us, especially in a Matrix (I'm pretty epitomizes a FAMILY car) and we had NO room. When asking the owner of the dealer we leased it from on what, if anything he could to help or offer a solution, this is what he told us, and I quote: "We make cars to go fast, period. It's not our concern whether car seats can be accomodated comfortably."

Hence, why I never wish to deal with those arseholes or have them pad their pockets with my $$ ever again.

Oh, and here's something funny too: apparently a Toyota Matrix is classified as a COMPACT car... a WAGON, classified as a COMPACT!!
WTF?!?!?!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I drive a Focus Wagon. Of course they don't make them anymore. Too good a car I guess.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronie wrote:On a funny note, anyone here with small children? Have any of you run into the same issue in terms of installing rear-facing child seats and then having to move the shotgun seat SO far forward that NO ONE, not even a midget, can use the seat!?

It was SO frustrating for us, especially in a Matrix (I'm pretty epitomizes a FAMILY car) and we had NO room.
My wife's Vibe is pretty much the Matrix with different badges. We had no issues with the rear-facing seat in her car. We put it in the middle though as that's the safest spot and didn't have to move the shotgun seat at all. Plus, her car has the latch-system which makes installation so much easier. I'm assumiong the Matrix has it as well.

We did the same thing for my Dakota and put the rear-facing seat in the middle. My Dak doesn't have the latch system and it was a B1TCH to get it in properly.

We now have front facing seats in both vehicles, but they seats are no longer in the middle.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cronie wrote:On a funny note, anyone here with small children? Have any of you run into the same issue in terms of installing rear-facing child seats and then having to move the shotgun seat SO far forward that NO ONE, not even a midget, can use the seat!?

It was SO frustrating for us, especially in a Matrix (I'm pretty epitomizes a FAMILY car) and we had NO room.
My wife's Vibe is pretty much the Matrix with different badges. We had no issues with the rear-facing seat in her car. We put it in the middle though as that's the safest spot and didn't have to move the shotgun seat at all. Plus, her car has the latch-system which makes installation so much easier. I'm assumiong the Matrix has it as well.

We did the same thing for my Dakota and put the rear-facing seat in the middle. My Dak doesn't have the latch system and it was a B1TCH to get it in properly.

We now have front facing seats in both vehicles, but they seats are no longer in the middle.

Yeah, it wasn't a problem when we had my son, but once my daughter arrived, we moved his front-facing behind me (driver side) and so he wouldn't pound the crap out of her, we felt it made more sense to move her behind the shotgun seat.

Once she is switched to a forward facing, it will be a LOT easier, and yeah, the Matrix comes equipped with the Latches which makes EVERYTHING easier.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronie wrote:Ford Edge are interesting, but from what i've read and from other friends and family, Toyota and Honda (in our price range) are built to last... BElieve me, I'd LOVE to drive off in a BMW X5 or my wife's all-time dream, Land Rover, but sadly, Melnyk never returns my calls for employment, so it's off to Toyota for me.
The Ford Edge is a very nice car and has some very good ratings, and it's made in Canada. Very nice drive and huge amounts of cargo space. But, it's quite pricey and Ford are not really offering up a lot of deals as they're not hurting as much as GM or Chrysler.

Our only concern with the Rav4 is the cargo room - is it enough? The new Rav4's are quite a bit bigger but we need to take a closer look to see if it's big enough for the trips we take.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronie wrote:Yeah, it wasn't a problem when we had my son, but once my daughter arrived, we moved his front-facing behind me (driver side) and so he wouldn't pound the crap out of her, we felt it made more sense to move her behind the shotgun seat.

Once she is switched to a forward facing, it will be a LOT easier, and yeah, the Matrix comes equipped with the Latches which makes EVERYTHING easier.
Ahhhh yeah, two kids. Two seats... takes up a LOT of room.

Sounds like you need a FULL SIZE TRUCK! HA HA!

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum