GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommendations on what to watch

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

106Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:02 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Crap. Yes. The first time was autocorrect. But I didn't even notice it in the reply. Getting old.

107Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:51 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shabby lol

108Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:20 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

My daughter started binging Squid Game. I watched the first episode and maybe they should have called it the Squib Game (lots of people getting shot). It's like Hunger Games but with the kill count turned up to 11. Not my cup of tea but if you're into that kind of things it's done very well.

109Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:04 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I've watched 3 or 4 episodes of Squid Game so far. Pretty fun.

110Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, Goliath S4 (final season) is out on Prime. S1 was great, S2/3 not so much, but I heard S4 pretty good.

111Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My second-oldest wanted to re-watch Lost and my oldest was back from the UK for a couple of weeks and was also keen, so I decided to get Disney for a month (also because Get Back was coming out soon).  Ended up watching a few shows and, have to admit, I really enjoyed Only Murders in the Building.  Then I binged through Eli Stone and relived some of my highschool days watching a few episodes of Hill Street Blues. Might keep it for a little longer.

112Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:30 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:My second-oldest wanted to re-watch Lost and my oldest was back from the UK for a couple of weeks and was also keen, so I decided to get Disney for a month (also because Get Back was coming out soon).  Ended up watching a few shows and, have to admit, I really enjoyed Only Murders in the Building.  Then I binged through Eli Stone and relived some of my highschool days watching a few episodes of Hill Street Blues. Might keep it for a little longer.

Are there any new Star Wars shows out yet?

113Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:35 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:My second-oldest wanted to re-watch Lost and my oldest was back from the UK for a couple of weeks and was also keen, so I decided to get Disney for a month (also because Get Back was coming out soon).  Ended up watching a few shows and, have to admit, I really enjoyed Only Murders in the Building.  Then I binged through Eli Stone and relived some of my highschool days watching a few episodes of Hill Street Blues. Might keep it for a little longer.

The Boba Fett show comes out around the end of this month I believe.

114Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Star Wars overload. I haven't even seen Episode IX and on top of that there's, what, 3 other movies (Rogue 1, Solo, Clone Wars), then The Mandalorian and now Boba Fett. I watched the first episode of The Mandalorian and was very unimpressed. Hype was strong, so I assume it picks up later, but I'm not sure. Episodes I, II and III really killed it for me, and VII and VIII, though better, didn't undo the damage. Hence I never even went to see IX.

Similar with the MCU. I really liked Iron Man and Winter Soldier, but the Avenger movies were loud and chaotic -- too many characters. I think I missed the last 2-3 entirely and have not watched the standalone ones, either. Watched most of Wada Vision and that didn't live up to the Hype (for me). And it's not like I'm watching Hill Street Blues and saying "that's how you make a TV show" -- it's aged, a lot! Still revolutionary for its time but a bit of a burden to watch now (except for seeing young actors before they broke out -- like David Caruso playing the leader of the Shamrocks). And there's always Veronica Hamel.

115Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:55 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

For Star Wars, Movies 1, 2, and 3 were awful, but everything else has been very good. Movie 8 wasn't the greatest either, but still very entertaining.

The Mandalorian was a FANTASTIC show. Incredibly well produced and entertaining. It has a nice tight focus around the one character as well.

I wouldn't say we've had Star Wars overload...certainly not compared to the MCU. The Star Wars stuff has all been nicely spaced out and the later stuff has also been universally good.

116Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Star Wars overload.  I haven't even seen Episode IX and on top of that there's, what, 3 other movies (Rogue 1, Solo, Clone Wars), then The Mandalorian and now Boba Fett.  I watched the first episode of The Mandalorian and was very unimpressed.  Hype was strong, so I assume it picks up later, but I'm not sure.  Episodes I, II and III really killed it for me, and VII and VIII, though better, didn't undo the damage.  Hence I never even went to see IX.  

Similar with the MCU.  I really liked Iron Man and Winter Soldier, but the Avenger movies were loud and chaotic -- too many characters.  I think I missed the last 2-3 entirely and have not watched the standalone ones, either.  Watched most of Wada Vision and that didn't live up to the Hype (for me).  And it's not like I'm watching Hill Street Blues and saying "that's how you make a TV show" -- it's aged, a lot!  Still revolutionary for its time but a bit of a burden to watch now (except for seeing young actors before they broke out -- like David Caruso playing the leader of the Shamrocks).  And there's always Veronica Hamel.

Watch Rogue one.
After the original Star Wars, IMO, it’s the best thing they’ve done.
Classic Star Wars film.

117Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:For Star Wars, Movies 1, 2, and 3 were awful, but everything else has been very good.  Movie 8 wasn't the greatest either, but still very entertaining.

The Mandalorian was a FANTASTIC show.  Incredibly well produced and entertaining.  It has a nice tight focus around the one character as well.  

I wouldn't say we've had Star Wars overload...certainly not compared to the MCU.  The Star Wars stuff has all been nicely spaced out and the later stuff has also been universally good.

I could handle a new Star Wars movie a year and TV series also.
I guess they were disappointed with how Solo performed in the box office.
I thought it was ok but I think as a whole, the franchise is doing pretty good since Disney took it over. I hope they develop the movies they have in the pipeline. The obiwan could be really good since it’s Ewan McGregor later in life. It’s an area of the timeline that hasn’t been explored much.

As for marvel(and DC), I’m so sick of the superheroes movie. How many different Spider-Man and batman and superman has this been? I just can’t care. Just seems like a bad cash grab and without a real good story. Even the avengers series which had nice continuity didn’t do it for me.

I feel all these superhero movies come at the cost of actual good cinema products not being produced. There are tons of great novels out there that could be made into great movies.

118Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've got to admit, Spider Man: No Way Home trailers made me a little excited. I enjoy Cumberbatch in pretty much everything (even though Doctor Strange was iffy). My biggest beef was how they could make MJ *not* a readhead. And then I read that this was actually a completely different character (just named "MJ" as a nod to the original).

119Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Got a FireStick 4k for Christmas. Fun toy, faster than my Roku stick. Now I can use a single remote (stick is plugged into wall instead of tv USB port so always on, can turn tv on/off with FireStick remote, also controls volume). Voice commands are great.

Only minor issue is the Silk browser won't play streams from sportsurge Fullscreen. I can have games on the big screen but not full Sad

120Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also moved the Roku to the main tv and, again, can now use a single remote. Guess the USB port on that tv doesn't shut off since the Roku remains on.

121Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Roku is faster than the built in smart tv function and the remote is not line of sight, so much nicer than before.

122Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, if anyone needs the streaming site to get WJC games free, I can DM.

123Recommendations on what to watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:52 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev, started watching that Mare of Easttown show. Good god it's depressing...but really good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum