GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 21]

151TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:57 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Rangers traded for Jean-Francois Berube (goalie) from Philly. He's been in the AHL all year. Did they make this move purely for AHL depth, or because they are about to trade Georgiev or Lundqvist? Ohhhh baby.

152TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:42 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:So every single defenceman to be traded recently has commanded a 2nd round pick + another asset...except for one Dman. Can you name him?

I don't really know how trade negotiations work, but I imagine every GM of every team knows who is available from Ottawa.  If none of them offer a 2nd or whatever for your player...well...that's not really on Dorion.  I think DeMelo is good, but he has 10 assists and 0 goals.  Anyway, I'm not that upset with a 3rd vs a 2nd.  Not the end of the world.  I am looking forward to see what else happens.  I still think we have to sell high on JGP, but I also wouldn't be upset if he was resigned medium term.

Exactly

153TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:43 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My gut says Pageau will be signed. I also think they will move on from Brown if they get a stud C in the draft.

154TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:50 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Why the hell do we need Pageau for the next 2 months? Trade his Donkey and if he wants to sign with us in the offseason, he will. Maximize his return now and hope he resigns if you want him that much. Anything less isn’t good enough. It is sad that people have become complacent with how badly managed Ottawa is.

155TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:02 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Why the hell do we need Pageau for the next 2 months? Trade his Donkey and if he wants to sign with us in the offseason, he will. Maximize his return now and hope he resigns if you want him that much. Anything less isn’t good enough. It is sad that people have become complacent with how badly managed Ottawa is.

That would be the best option if he agrees to it. If you can't get a 1st I don't see the point in trading him.

He's not a star but there will be many happy faces if he is signed either now or in the summer.

156TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:10 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ian Mendes
@ian_mendes
· 17h
.@PierreVLeBrun tells us that he spoke to a number of teams around the NHL about the Sens return for Dylan Demelo. His response:

"No one was going to pay a second round pick for Dylan Demelo. I didn't get a single team that said, 'Yeah, they could have gotten a second.'"

157TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:16 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Why the hell do we need Pageau for the next 2 months? Trade his Donkey and if he wants to sign with us in the offseason, he will. Maximize his return now and hope he resigns if you want him that much. Anything less isn’t good enough. It is sad that people have become complacent with how badly managed Ottawa is.

That would be the best option if he agrees to it. If you can't get a 1st I don't see the point in trading him.

He's not a star but there will be many happy faces if he is signed either now or in the summer.

The only happy face Dorion cares about is his smug Donkey grin in press conferences after trades.

158TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:19 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Some of you can get excited all you want about Pageau this year in his contract year, but I won’t. Talking about re-signing him to a contract too large just because he’s taking advantage of playing top minutes on a terrible team and you want to pay him accordingly. No thanks. He’s back to bottom six when this team is ready and you’d be paying him still based on this season. Trade him now and maximize his return. Have we learned nothing from Z. Smith?

Also, check out Jeff Skinner if you want to see what issues come with good results in a contract year can get you into.

Trade Pageau now. If he wants to be here, he can come back in the summer. Montreal did it with their lover boy Plekanec, Toronto did it with Polak. Pageau can hurt us in so many ways in the next month and a half.

159TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Some of you can get excited all you want about Pageau this year in his contract year, but I won’t. Talking about re-signing him to a contract too large just because he’s taking advantage of playing top minutes on a terrible team and you want to pay him accordingly. No thanks. He’s back to bottom six when this team is ready and you’d be paying him still based on this season. Trade him now and maximize his return. Have we learned nothing from Z. Smith?

Also, check out Jeff Skinner if you want to see what issues come with good results in a contract year can get you into.

Trade Pageau now. If he wants to be here, he can come back in the summer. Montreal did it with their lover boy Plekanec, Toronto did it with Polak. Pageau can hurt us in so many ways in the next month and a half.

I agree with your overall argument but he's way better offensively than Smith in my opinion. I would sign him only if we can get him on a 4 x 4 or 4 x 4.5 something like that. He will tail off offensively but I think that's a fair price for a 3rd line C in a few years as well.

I'm all for trading and signing him later, 100%.

160TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:23 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure anyone here is "complacent". Pageau is a good player and still young enough that it's not a total disaster if he resigns, if the contract is reasonable. Yes, ideally, we trade him and resign him if both sides are amenable to a reasonable contract, but that scenario almost never happens.

161TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:55 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:My gut says Pageau will be signed. I also think they will move on from Brown if they get a stud C in the draft.

I think it’s hard to pas up on trading Pageau if you can get a 1st or some very interesting pieces like a top 4 RHD prospect or player.

I like the logic of moving on from Brown if we get some interesting pick on C in the draft. That said, Brown’s stock is down IMO. I don’t think we can expect much in return. It’s gonna be another good prospect with flaws in their game.

We spotted the flaws in Brown over a year ago. I would have moved him then.

162TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:55 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

So DeMelo speaks and confirms that the Sens had no communication with him or his agent about a contract.

Can we deduce from this that the Sens always planned on trading him? If the answer is yes and it makes sense that yes is the answer, can the next question be why in the Diddle are you playing DeMelo with Borowiecki all year? Don’t you think you should try and showcase him and maybe play him with Chabot a bit more?

I can’t imagine how good we could be with competent management.

163TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Should management be telling coaching what to do? Isn’t that something that fans don’t like? I’m just asking the question. Don’t care either way about DeMelo anymore lol

164TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:So DeMelo speaks and confirms that the Sens had no communication with him or his agent about a contract.

Can we deduce from this that the Sens always planned on trading him? If the answer is yes and it makes sense that yes is the answer, can the next question be why in the Diddle are you playing DeMelo with Borowiecki all year? Don’t you think you should try and showcase him and maybe play him with Chabot a bit more?

I can’t imagine how good we could be with competent management.

Basic answer is no. Demelo is what he is, a steady number 5 guy. I would have liked to sign him or gotten more obviously, but you dont showcase a player all year .

165TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:58 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Anaheim trades Ondrej Kase to Boston for 1st round. Backes and Axel Andersson

166TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:06 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Anaheim trades Ondrej Kase to Boston for 1st round. Backes and Axel Andersson

Nice to see progressive thinking from a selling GM.

167TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And after that they say Pageau can’t get you a first. Whatever.
We should clearly be able to get more than a first on him

168TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:24 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:And after that they say Pageau can’t get you a first. Whatever.
We should clearly be able to get more than a first on him

Well, they took back Backes in addition to getting the 1st.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum