GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019!

+7
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 36]

1TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:50 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Let's here it. What are your predictions. Provide justification for your proposed transaction.

Ex:

To Edmonton: Dzingel, Ceci
To Ottawa: Edm 1st, Yamamoto, Spooner

Justification:

Dzingel is the perfect complimentary player for McDavid. Somehow who can keep up with him speedwise and can finish in close. EDM has had problems finding the right LW to play with him. Low cost move that allows Draisitl to slide back to 2C. Ottawa and Edmonton have a trade history, Ceci and Edmonton have a trade rumor history. Klefbom is nearing a return and Ceci adds some consistency and size to an inexperienced, undersized Edmonton blueline. Could be a good mentor for Bouchard and allows EDM to walk away from Petrovic in the off-season.

EDM 1st is on the table. Could end up being a lottery pick and is the key to this trade. Dzingel is worth at least a 2nd on his own and may be the best option (price per point) available right now. Add in Ceci and all of a sudden you're getting two roster players that can log big minutes, have recent playoff mileage, and are both playing for new contracts. Yamamoto fits the rebuild, and EDM doesn't give up Rattie or Bouchard. Spooner is an Ottawa boy that simply hasn't worked out in Edmonton. Chairelli sheds some salary and moves a player he brought in that plain and simple hasn't worked out well in Edmonton.

2TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:05 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

2018?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

3TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dzingel to Columbus for Sonny Milano + 3rd

Ceci to Edmonton for 2nd or Puuljarvi

Anderson to Philly for Radko Gudas

Tierney to Pittsburgh for Derick Brassard + 3rd

4TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Let's here it. What are your predictions. Provide justification for your proposed transaction.

Ex:

To Edmonton: Dzingel, Ceci
To Ottawa: Edm 1st, Yamamoto, Spooner

Justification:

Dzingel is the perfect complimentary player for McDavid. Somehow who can keep up with him speedwise and can finish in close. EDM has had problems finding the right LW to play with him. Low cost move that allows Draisitl to slide back to 2C. Ottawa and Edmonton have a trade history, Ceci and Edmonton have a trade rumor history. Klefbom is nearing a return and Ceci adds some consistency and size to an inexperienced, undersized Edmonton blueline. Could be a good mentor for Bouchard and allows EDM to walk away from Petrovic in the off-season.

EDM 1st is on the table. Could end up being a lottery pick and is the key to this trade. Dzingel is worth at least a 2nd on his own and may be the best option (price per point) available right now. Add in Ceci and all of a sudden you're getting two roster players that can log big minutes, have recent playoff mileage, and are both playing for new contracts. Yamamoto fits the rebuild, and EDM doesn't give up Rattie or Bouchard. Spooner is an Ottawa boy that simply hasn't worked out in Edmonton. Chairelli sheds some salary and moves a player he brought in that plain and simple hasn't worked out well in Edmonton.
Dzingel makes sense for edm you’re right and ceci as well to a certain extent. You’re also right that the first would be in play but no way would they add Yamamoto. You might get pulijujarvi but not Yama. Cevi’s Value has gone down. Spooner is pretty much a throw in at that point.
I like the first rounder. But chichi would get crucified if he traded Yama.

5TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Dzingel to Columbus for Sonny Milano + 3rd

I can’t see Dzingel fetching that much but who knows. Tierney could totally go to Pittsburg but are you flipping brass again? He’s a UFa and not the player he used to be.

6TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If nothing gets done with stone I’m gonna say:
Stone to Vegas for glass and 1st in 2020

I’ll be again super bold here and if Duchene is traded two scenarios to the same team
Nashville for Fabbro and a 1st or Tolvanen and a 2nd (I may be dreaming here).
But that would put Nashville over the top here.

7TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

I can’t see Dzingel fetching that much but who knows. Tierney could totally go to Pittsburg but are you flipping brass again? He’s a UFa and not the player he used to be.

I’m thinking sens will look at re signing brassard and Methot to cheap deals

8TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:27 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Sounds like Brassard's shoulder is fried and Methot is pretty banged up. Not sure why they'd want to re-sign either of them. Especially in a rebuild. My guess is they sign Duchene and Stone, keep Ryan and essentially run a budget team of ELCs with everyone else.

9TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:55 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Look for Carolina to be interested in adding Dzingel. They are very defense-rich and have been actively looking to add a top-six forward, even if they are technically sellers. Fleury and Bean are two defensive options the Sens would covet for sure though they are both LHD and the Sens need RHD. I'd still be interested in Dougie if the Sens did trade Ceci.

Maybe instead the Canes look at trading Ferland to the Leafs for Kapanen

10TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I’m not watching Dallas games but from what I’ve read it seems like he’s not a top 4 D anymore. He might work with Chabot but is he even worth it? Maybe on a one year deal.

Ferraro was saying there’s a lot of hard miles on brass and he may not be able to deliver anymore. Could be a leg wand 2.0 situation all over again. Guess it depends if we resign Duchene or not. Even If he’s gone, do we need another veteran centre? The top 3 lines can be fought for by white, brown, Chlapik and Pageau. Not to mention who we’d get on a Duchene trade (glass?).

11TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Look for Carolina to be interested in adding Dzingel. They are very defense-rich and have been actively looking to add a top-six forward, even if they are technically sellers. Fleury and Bean are two defensive options the Sens would covet for sure though they are both LHD and the Sens need RHD. I'd still be interested in Dougie if the Sens did trade Ceci.

Maybe instead the Canes look at trading Ferland to the Leafs for Kapanen

I like your reasoning and targeted prospects but I doubt they target a UFA.

12TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:52 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The list is out

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade-watch-list-top-30-2019/

13TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The list is out

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade-watch-list-top-30-2019/

This list has always been cute to watch but rarely are they ever right or in the know.

14TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So over on TSN they’re wondering if a sign and trade for mat duchene isn’t something of a possibility. You have to think the haul we’d get for that would be humongous. I mean, much better than as a rental. I wonder who would do such a thing though. Vegas I guess is a possibility and so is nashville or even Montréal (although we’d have to strp them of their first and both of their best prospect to get that done).

Im growing on the idea of trading duchene. I love he player but we have to think of the returns and setting up this team for the long term. I think it’s important to keep a really good veteran aboard to shape this team and that has mark stone written all over it. He only issue with stone is concussions but that’s a gamble.

Both might end up leaving but that would surprise me. Although I’m very surprised that we haven’t had stone under contract yet. Maybe it’s related. Maybe stone willonly sign if duchene stays. Who knows.

The most important thing right now is to not mess this one up. This will define the rebuild and will set a time line for this rebuild. We could skip a few years if we land 2-3 top prospects in trades.
Id love a top C prospect and a top D prospect an elite  RW prospect would be good too.

15TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:22 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:So over on TSN they’re wondering if a sign and trade for mat duchene isn’t something of a possibility. You have to think the haul we’d get for that would be humongous. I mean, much better than as a rental. I wonder who would do such a thing though. Vegas I guess is a possibility and so is nashville or even Montréal (although we’d have to strp them of their first and both of their best prospect to get that done).

Im growing on the idea of trading duchene. I love he player but we have to think of the returns and setting up this team for the long term. I think it’s important to keep a really good veteran aboard to shape this team and that has mark stone written all over it. He only issue with stone is concussions but that’s a gamble.

Both might end up leaving but that would surprise me. Although I’m very surprised that we haven’t had stone under contract yet. Maybe it’s related. Maybe stone willonly sign if duchene stays. Who knows.

The most important thing right now is to not mess this one up. This will define the rebuild and will set a time line for this rebuild. We could skip a few years if we land 2-3 top prospects in trades.
Id love a top C prospect and a top D prospect an elite  RW prospect would be good too.

I still think Vegas makes the most sense. Nashville makes sense too. There's a need, trade history, and Duchene loves country music. Imagine we get Turris back. This could all go full circle! But I am not sure what Nashville has to offer aside from Tolvanen and their 1st. And Tolvanen is a LW which I am not convinced Ottawa needs right now.

But a sign and trade definitely warrants at least a first and a top-end prospect plus more. Sens off until Friday this week. Would be a good time for a trade if I were GM. Allows everyone a few days to adjust.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 36]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum