GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019!

+7
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 36]

31TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:06 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Quite honestly I really hope the duchene and stone situation gets resolved soon. I still can’t believe it hasn’t been done before now.

I’d rather trade both and than get pas the trade deadline even if they say they want to get a deal done in the summer. I don’t trust anyone anymore.

Both situations will be resolved by the trade deadline. They have to be, one way or the other. Imagine having one of these guys walk for nothing in the summer like what happened to the Isles with Tavares?

On the other hand, the Isles are leading their division, so maybe we do want to lose our star players for nothing....

32TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:40 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

A good coach makes a huge difference. My guess is the Sens don't learn from previous mistakes and hire an inexperienced coach with limited to no NHL experience

33TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:40 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:A good coach makes a huge difference. My guess is the Sens don't learn from previous mistakes and hire an inexperienced coach with limited to no NHL experience

It all varies. The best team in the league, Tampa, hired a rookie coach who has now stuck around for a while. Pittsburgh hired a coach who only had brief experience as a head coach. The Sens hired Boucher who was a head coach before and prior to that hired Paul MacLean who was a very experienced assistant coach at the NHL level. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to go about it. It is just all about getting the right person.

34TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:22 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

does anyone else find hockey insiders pretty bad other than the actual trade deadline day and July 1? They never make any actual predictions or know about trades coming down the line. They always say I feel or I believe. Compared to Woj in the NBA it's just totally different I find.

35TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:35 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:A good coach makes a huge difference. My guess is the Sens don't learn from previous mistakes and hire an inexperienced coach with limited to no NHL experience

The sens will make the cheap move. Whatever that is. For my money I’d almost say they will go with Marc Crawford on a cheap deal

36TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:38 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’ve been looking at the different players available in the league and I feel there’s a lot more players available than usually and the market in most cases might fit the rental market more than thé resigned players. So expect more conditional returns than you’d like when we trade players which might not come to fruition at the end of the day. Get ready to be disappointed

37TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:does anyone else find hockey insiders pretty bad other than the actual trade deadline day and July 1? They never make any actual predictions or know about trades coming down the line. They always say I feel or I believe. Compared to Woj in the NBA it's just totally different I find.

Or baseball with Rosenthal and guys like that. It's mickey mouse in the NHL.

38TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm really upset about losing Duchene and Stone - or most likely losing them. It's unfair to blame Dorion or anyone like that because Stone and Duchene probably never even thought of signing.

Upsetting times though. Not happy.

39TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:03 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I'm really upset about losing Duchene and Stone - or most likely losing them.  It's unfair to blame Dorion or anyone like that because Stone and Duchene probably never even thought of signing.

Upsetting times though.  Not happy.

As I said earlier I would not worry about Stone yet. There have been no rumblings at all that he will be traded or won't sign. I will wait to see what happens. IF he does leave that would be a kick in the balls.

40TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:15 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:does anyone else find hockey insiders pretty bad other than the actual trade deadline day and July 1? They never make any actual predictions or know about trades coming down the line. They always say I feel or I believe. Compared to Woj in the NBA it's just totally different I find.

It seems they are more just mouthpieces for organizations and agents/players.

41TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:16 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Darren Dreger said on Toronto radio today that if the Sens want to sign Duchene, "Eugene Melnyk needs to move off of $8M." He also said definitively that Cody Ceci will be traded.

42TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So Darren Dreger said on Toronto radio today that if the Sens want to sign Duchene, "Eugene Melnyk needs to move off of $8M."  He also said definitively that Cody Ceci will be traded.

It’s pretty simple. If you want to keep duchene you will have to cough up extra to make it worth his while. With the way he’s playing you have to start at draisaitl money and a bonus structure he likes.

I don’t blame him, he holds all the leverage and judging by that interview video we’ve seen on tsn, It’s not like he’s not prepared to move or even anticipating it. I’m sure he’d rather play for a contending team.

That interview of stone isn’t great either. I’m sure he’s ready to walk.

Tough times. I’d rather keep both but if they must be moved then Dorion better get the hall of a lifetime.
I want to be looking at a two year stocking up of picks and top prospects that will have us making the playoffs and contending in a 4-5 year window tops.
And I place more emphasis on top prospects.

43TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So Darren Dreger said on Toronto radio today that if the Sens want to sign Duchene, "Eugene Melnyk needs to move off of $8M."  He also said definitively that Cody Ceci will be traded.

That may be the what’s best for Ottawa and Ceci.

44TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Meaningless interviews with the players don’t say anything. It’s baseless to say stone is ready to walk.

45TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Meaningless interviews with the players don’t say anything. It’s baseless to say stone is ready to walk.
Nope. You can get a sense of how emotionally they feel about the situation.

46TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Meaningless interviews with the players don’t say anything. It’s baseless to say stone is ready to walk.
Nope. You can get a sense of how emotionally they feel about the situation.

They’re robots. I don’t read anything into interviews. Especially in the nhl. Negotiations and true thoughts are shared behind closed doors. And for the record, I’m not predicting anything here.

47TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:46 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds to me like Duchene is walking. "It is a hockey decision" to me means "I want to be on a competitive team that will compete for a Stanley Cup". He mentioned the up and coming players and how good they will be, but he is not sure when they're going to be competitors.

The reality with Duchene is he's a #2 center on most teams. Hell, he was passed on the depth chart on a rebuilding Colorado team, albeit by MacKinnon, but on most competitive teams he'd be a 1b at best. Is locking up a 28 year old 1b to an 8x8M+ contract really that good an idea? If you can get a 1st rd pick, top-end prospect, and maybe some other picks/prospects and a conditional pick if he re-signs, you do it.

Stone is different. Stone is a player that makes everyone around him better. Investing in Stone means you're getting more productivity out of his linemates. Between that and his leadership skills I think Stone should be the priority and the face of the franchise going forward.

48TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:51 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I also think Duchene will be traded with a framework for a contract extension if the decision is a 'hockey' decision.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum