GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019!

+7
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 36]

16TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The list is out

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade-watch-list-top-30-2019/

This list has always been cute to watch but rarely are they ever right or in the know.

17TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So over on TSN they’re wondering if a sign and trade for mat duchene isn’t something of a possibility. You have to think the haul we’d get for that would be humongous. I mean, much better than as a rental. I wonder who would do such a thing though. Vegas I guess is a possibility and so is nashville or even Montréal (although we’d have to strp them of their first and both of their best prospect to get that done).

Im growing on the idea of trading duchene. I love he player but we have to think of the returns and setting up this team for the long term. I think it’s important to keep a really good veteran aboard to shape this team and that has mark stone written all over it. He only issue with stone is concussions but that’s a gamble.

Both might end up leaving but that would surprise me. Although I’m very surprised that we haven’t had stone under contract yet. Maybe it’s related. Maybe stone willonly sign if duchene stays. Who knows.

The most important thing right now is to not mess this one up. This will define the rebuild and will set a time line for this rebuild. We could skip a few years if we land 2-3 top prospects in trades.
Id love a top C prospect and a top D prospect an elite  RW prospect would be good too.

18TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:22 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:So over on TSN they’re wondering if a sign and trade for mat duchene isn’t something of a possibility. You have to think the haul we’d get for that would be humongous. I mean, much better than as a rental. I wonder who would do such a thing though. Vegas I guess is a possibility and so is nashville or even Montréal (although we’d have to strp them of their first and both of their best prospect to get that done).

Im growing on the idea of trading duchene. I love he player but we have to think of the returns and setting up this team for the long term. I think it’s important to keep a really good veteran aboard to shape this team and that has mark stone written all over it. He only issue with stone is concussions but that’s a gamble.

Both might end up leaving but that would surprise me. Although I’m very surprised that we haven’t had stone under contract yet. Maybe it’s related. Maybe stone willonly sign if duchene stays. Who knows.

The most important thing right now is to not mess this one up. This will define the rebuild and will set a time line for this rebuild. We could skip a few years if we land 2-3 top prospects in trades.
Id love a top C prospect and a top D prospect an elite  RW prospect would be good too.

I still think Vegas makes the most sense. Nashville makes sense too. There's a need, trade history, and Duchene loves country music. Imagine we get Turris back. This could all go full circle! But I am not sure what Nashville has to offer aside from Tolvanen and their 1st. And Tolvanen is a LW which I am not convinced Ottawa needs right now.

But a sign and trade definitely warrants at least a first and a top-end prospect plus more. Sens off until Friday this week. Would be a good time for a trade if I were GM. Allows everyone a few days to adjust.

19TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:01 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

- Duchene finally goes to Poile in Nashville. Tolvanen, Fabbro and a 1st.
- Dzingel to Carolina. Pesce or Hamilton coming back.
- Ceci to Edmonton. Pulj coming back. Salary cap considerations involved.
- Smith to one of these remaining four teams that doesn’t acquire Simmonds or Ferland. Tampa, Winnipeg, Nashville, Calgary, Edmonton or Pittsburgh.

20TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GODDAMN IT!!!! I'M TOO LATE!!!!

21TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:- Duchene finally goes to Poile in Nashville. Tolvanen, Fabbro and a 1st.
- Smith to one of these remaining four teams that doesn’t acquire Simmonds or Ferland. Tampa, Winnipeg, Nashville, Calgary, Edmonton or Pittsburgh.

If Dorion manages these trades he should be up for GM of the year. There’s a possibility the duchene trade for those pieces could happen but I think weld have to add something going the other way.
No way Dzingel can get us Hamilton or Pesce. I think teams view Dzingel as a good third liner/alright 2nd liner that makes the most of his opportunity in Ottawa with our lack of players to play the part.

Ceci for pulj makes sense. Ceci is disappointing and so is pulj. Of course pulj is young and could turn out but there’s a level of risk for both team. Probably more for Ottawa as ceci would be a brilliant 3rd line D who could be reborn on a better powerplay. I’d do that deal but would be asking for a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Edmonton as well.

Your logic for smith is good, but smith hasn’t been as physical as he used to. But he’s useful and versatile. I think if we can get a decent asset for him it be a good time to move him. I imagine he’d move his NTC for a contender.

Now the big question is, does a current sens win the cup this year?

22TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:50 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:- Duchene finally goes to Poile in Nashville. Tolvanen, Fabbro and a 1st.

If Dorion manages these trades he should be up for GM of the year. There’s a possibility the duchene trade for those pieces could happen but I think weld have to add something going the other way.
No way Dzingel can get us Hamilton or Pesce. I think teams view Dzingel as a good third liner/alright 2nd liner that makes the most of his opportunity in Ottawa with our lack of players to play the part.

Ceci for pulj makes sense. Ceci is disappointing and so is pulj. Of course pulj is young and could turn out but there’s a level of risk for both team. Probably more for Ottawa as ceci would be a brilliant 3rd line D who could be reborn on a better powerplay. I’d do that deal but would be asking for a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Edmonton as well.

Your logic for smith is good, but smith hasn’t been as physical as he used to. But he’s useful and versatile. I think if we can get a decent asset for him it be a good time to move him. I imagine he’d move his NTC for a contender.

Now the big question is, does a current sens win the cup this year?

Others pieces for sure to be added to deals, I was just saying the main players.

Carolina is on record saying they want finishers. They are tired out their ridiculously low shooting percentage. Dzingel fits.

Poile has wanted Duchene for 3 years I believe.

I like my guesses.

23TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:01 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The Muzzin trade just set the market. 2 prospects and a 1st rd pick. He does have another year on his deal.

- IMO Ceci is at least worth a prospect and a 2nd at this point. I heard Maguire talk about Pulj. He said the kid was completely lost and looks like he's just trying to survive on the ice. Not sure a 1 for 1 is the best call considering the bust potential. Sounds like he needs at least a year in Belleville. But with Ceci's RFA status, I believe his value is higher as he can be controlled by the acquiring team.

- Dzingel is a tough one. I can see Pitt being interested now. They just moved Oleksiak's salary which allows them to bring someone in on the cheap. Pitt has a 1st rd pick. I don't know their system well enough to assess their prospects but I'm left to believe they don't have much. Carolina seems like the most logical spot but if they're still outside of the playoffs I don't see it making much sense.

- Duchene to Nash or Vegas. Really whoever offers his more. He may be traded with a framework for an extension similar to Pacioretty which would increase his value. My guess is Vegas 2019 1st, 2020 2nd (they have three), Glass, Whitecloud with Glass being the centerpiece in the deal.

- Stone and Anderson to Philadelphia. Don't know what that would look like but I'd expect some combination of Konecny, MacDonald (salary dump), Frost and Neuvirth (salary dump) plus a 1st or a combination of multiple 2nd rd picks coming back.

Sens will then make a splash at the draft to move back into the top ten.

24TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:48 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I still don't think Stone will be leaving.

25TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:11 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I don't *think* Stone will leave either, but I never thought The Alfie would leave. Crazy things can happen.

I really like that Muzzin deal for the Leafs. Dang.

26TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:37 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I don't *think* Stone will leave either, but I never thought The Alfie would leave.  Crazy things can happen.

I really like that Muzzin deal for the Leafs.  Dang.

What I *know* is he hasn't signed yet. I imagine the organization will give him until the end of this weekend to decide which would leave Dorion with three weeks to trade him.

I like the Leafs deal too though I don't know much about Muzzin. All I know is he's a $4M cap hit which is something the Leafs need considering their impending cap troubles. I guess Gardiner won't be re-signing in TOR.

I am happy to see that the Nylander deal may be the worst contract in the NHL right now. Not so much his cap hit but more so the impact it has on Toronto's ability to sign key players moving forward. Matthews, Marner, Kapanen, Johnsson, Sparkes all RFAs this off-season with Hainsey, Marincin, and Gardiner UFAs. If I am Toronto I am going all in this year.

27TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:47 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I don't *think* Stone will leave either, but I never thought The Alfie would leave.  Crazy things can happen.

What I *know* is he hasn't signed yet. I imagine the organization will give him until the end of this weekend to decide which would leave Dorion with three weeks to trade him.

I like the Leafs deal too though I don't know much about Muzzin. All I know is he's a $4M cap hit which is something the Leafs need considering their impending cap troubles. I guess Gardiner won't be re-signing in TOR.

I am happy to see that the Nylander deal may be the worst contract in the NHL right now. Not so much his cap hit but more so the impact it has on Toronto's ability to sign key players moving forward. Matthews, Marner, Kapanen, Johnsson, Sparkes all RFAs this off-season with Hainsey, Marincin, and Gardiner UFAs. If I am Toronto I am going all in this year.

The thing is Toronto media would be all over the Sens if they didn't think Stone was going to sign. They take any chance they get to rip on Ottawa. But mostly all of them have said they believe something will get done.

Who knows if that will happen, but I think with Stone the feeling in the air is good.

28TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:20 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I read Konecny up there somewhere and had to clean up my mess.

29TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:58 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Alfie left twice! How about that. StickmanDancing

30TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Quite honestly I really hope the duchene and stone situation gets resolved soon. I still can’t believe it hasn’t been done before now.

I’d rather trade both and than get pas the trade deadline even if they say they want to get a deal done in the summer. I don’t trust anyone anymore.

31TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:06 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Quite honestly I really hope the duchene and stone situation gets resolved soon. I still can’t believe it hasn’t been done before now.

I’d rather trade both and than get pas the trade deadline even if they say they want to get a deal done in the summer. I don’t trust anyone anymore.

Both situations will be resolved by the trade deadline. They have to be, one way or the other. Imagine having one of these guys walk for nothing in the summer like what happened to the Isles with Tavares?

On the other hand, the Isles are leading their division, so maybe we do want to lose our star players for nothing....

32TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:40 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

A good coach makes a huge difference. My guess is the Sens don't learn from previous mistakes and hire an inexperienced coach with limited to no NHL experience

33TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:40 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:A good coach makes a huge difference. My guess is the Sens don't learn from previous mistakes and hire an inexperienced coach with limited to no NHL experience

It all varies. The best team in the league, Tampa, hired a rookie coach who has now stuck around for a while. Pittsburgh hired a coach who only had brief experience as a head coach. The Sens hired Boucher who was a head coach before and prior to that hired Paul MacLean who was a very experienced assistant coach at the NHL level. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to go about it. It is just all about getting the right person.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum