GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019!

+7
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 36]

46TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:25 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Meaningless interviews with the players don’t say anything. It’s baseless to say stone is ready to walk.
Nope. You can get a sense of how emotionally they feel about the situation.

They’re robots. I don’t read anything into interviews. Especially in the nhl. Negotiations and true thoughts are shared behind closed doors. And for the record, I’m not predicting anything here.

47TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:46 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds to me like Duchene is walking. "It is a hockey decision" to me means "I want to be on a competitive team that will compete for a Stanley Cup". He mentioned the up and coming players and how good they will be, but he is not sure when they're going to be competitors.

The reality with Duchene is he's a #2 center on most teams. Hell, he was passed on the depth chart on a rebuilding Colorado team, albeit by MacKinnon, but on most competitive teams he'd be a 1b at best. Is locking up a 28 year old 1b to an 8x8M+ contract really that good an idea? If you can get a 1st rd pick, top-end prospect, and maybe some other picks/prospects and a conditional pick if he re-signs, you do it.

Stone is different. Stone is a player that makes everyone around him better. Investing in Stone means you're getting more productivity out of his linemates. Between that and his leadership skills I think Stone should be the priority and the face of the franchise going forward.

48TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:51 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I also think Duchene will be traded with a framework for a contract extension if the decision is a 'hockey' decision.

49TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:44 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I respect Duchene whether he signs or leaves. It’s not like he has much attachment here yet. That being said it all comes down to money no matter what the player says. If it was truly about winning players would not sign for 8 years. It would be like the nba with more short term deals or even like what Hossa did back in the day. Whoever he signs with for 7-8 years will not make the playoffs every year in that time period or be truly competitive.

I think yesterday’s comment by dreger, if true, means “pay me a little more and I will stick around”

50TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:51 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds to me like Duchene is walking. "It is a hockey decision" to me means "I want to be on a competitive team that will compete for a Stanley Cup". He mentioned the up and coming players and how good they will be, but he is not sure when they're going to be competitors.

The reality with Duchene is he's a #2 center on most teams. Hell, he was passed on the depth chart on a rebuilding Colorado team, albeit by MacKinnon, but on most competitive teams he'd be a 1b at best. Is locking up a 28 year old 1b to an 8x8M+ contract really that good an idea? If you can get a 1st rd pick, top-end prospect, and maybe some other picks/prospects and a conditional pick if he re-signs, you do it.

Stone is different. Stone is a player that makes everyone around him better. Investing in Stone means you're getting more productivity out of his linemates. Between that and his leadership skills I think Stone should be the priority and the face of the franchise going forward.

If he’s willing to sign here I’d rather have Duchene even at that cost then a first and a prospect +. It’s not like we’re spending much elsewhere, and if he signs for 8 years I highly doubt Melnyk will be around for most of the contract

51TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:14 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sounds to me like Duchene is walking. "It is a hockey decision" to me means "I want to be on a competitive team that will compete for a Stanley Cup". He mentioned the up and coming players and how good they will be, but he is not sure when they're going to be competitors.

If he’s willing to sign here I’d rather have Duchene even at that cost then a first and a prospect +. It’s not like we’re spending much elsewhere, and if he signs for 8 years I highly doubt Melnyk will be around for most of the contract

Didn't mention Melnyk. But I am not disagreeing with your point. It is whether or not Duchene wants to be here. He forced his way out of Colorado because he didn't want to be on a rebuilding team. The Sens are a rebuilding team. Just closer to home. That's ultimately the decision he needs to make.

52TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:43 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Duchene's comments were a little bit beyond what we normally get out of players. When he talks about understanding that he has to be traded if a deal isn't reached by the deadline, that leads me to believe that he doesn't think a deal will get done and a trade is likely. Tough to know for sure.

Stone is the more important player to retain. Deal Duchene, Dzingel, and Ceci, bring in more picks and young players, and roll forward with the rebuild.

One thing that Bobby Mac was talking about last night is that it could be a buyer's market this year with guys like Duchene, Stone, Dzingel, Panarin, Simmonds, etc...leading to possible lowered returns.

53TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:56 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't believe that for one second. Stone and Duchene are elite. Maybe players like Ceci or Dzingel will fetch lower returns. But it's an arms race. People will play the price regardless.

Ex: If Vegas adds Duchene then SJ will respond by adding someone to counteract the transaction.

It's all posturing at this point. I don't believe any of the dung coming from the "Insiders"

54TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:12 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Pitt trade didn't make much sense to me. Gave up a lot to bring in players under contract for next season.

55TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Duchene's comments were a little bit beyond what we normally get out of players.  When he talks about understanding that he has to be traded if a deal isn't reached by the deadline, that leads me to believe that he doesn't think a deal will get done and a trade is likely.  Tough to know for sure.

Stone is the more important player to retain.  Deal Duchene, Dzingel, and Ceci, bring in more picks and young players, and roll forward with the rebuild.  

One thing that Bobby Mac was talking about last night is that it could be a buyer's market this year with guys like Duchene, Stone, Dzingel, Panarin, Simmonds, etc...leading to possible lowered returns.

Stone and duchene are exceptional players IMO.

Part of me a guy like duchene would be a safer bet to keep long term. I have question marks about stone and recurrent concussions. He’s an amazing player and had we been a good team his pace to 40 goals would likely happen. But duchene also is showing that he can be the guy.
I don’t know that I buy into him being a 1b. They tried him as a 1A in Colorado when he was young and due to the line-up changing he went down their depth chart. I think he’s 1A. Maybe not the best C in the league but a much better 1A than Turris ever was.
For that reason I would have loved to keep him.

WhTever happens I hope we end the year with more than a 1st round pick and if we can keep one of those two guys and even both that’s be great. But I don’t see a universe where the. Rest of our line-up fetches us 1st rounders.

56TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Pitt trade didn't make much sense to me. Gave up a lot to bring in players under contract for next season.

What did they give up? Expiring contracts? A 2nd rounder and a 4rth? I think Florida got hosed.

57TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:42 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Pitt trade didn't make much sense to me. Gave up a lot to bring in players under contract for next season.

What did they give up? Expiring contracts? A 2nd rounder and a 4rth? I think Florida got hosed.

Both players Pitt acquired are underachieving. And they're locked into contracts next year. Florida got two salary dumps and picks. They're rumored to want to pursue Panarin and Bob in the off-season. And can flip Brass for something else. Definitely didn't get hosed.

58TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:12 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bjugstad and McCann have talent and also still have potential. Pittsburgh has a way of finding diamonds in the rough sometimes...I dunno how many times I was swearing about who the F Brian Rust and Guentzel were when they beat us in the conference finals.

59TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:28 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Both players Pitt acquired are underachieving. And they're locked into contracts next year. Florida got two salary dumps and picks. They're rumored to want to pursue Panarin and Bob in the off-season. And can flip Brass for something else. Definitely didn't get hosed.

I believe it’s an overpayment/bad return for the ability to get cap space.
Plus, there’s no guarantees those two do end up in Florida.
I could see the Rangers and Montréal throwing a boat load of cash in panarin’s direction. It will come down to him wanting a great local or bright lights big city.

60TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

McKenzie thinks they're both gone. Cant stand melnyk. I hate him more than I hate the leafs, which is a lot.

Cant cheer for this team until he's gone

61TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:15 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:McKenzie thinks they're both gone.  Cant stand melnyk.  I hate him more than I hate the leafs, which is a lot.

I remember expressing great concerns about the "budget" and ownership years ago on this very forum, and getting some pretty harsh comments back about how it's not an issue. Not sure if anyone presently posting was involved, and ultimately it doesn't matter. Things are totally f'd right now because of Melnyk. He will sell, and the fans will return.

62TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:54 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully something occurs with lebreton before the trade deadline

63TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 4 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:12 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:McKenzie thinks they're both gone.  Cant stand melnyk.  I hate him more than I hate the leafs, which is a lot.

I remember expressing great concerns about the "budget" and ownership years ago on this very forum, and getting some pretty harsh comments back about how it's not an issue.  Not sure if anyone presently posting was involved, and ultimately it doesn't matter.  Things are totally f'd right now because of Melnyk.  He will sell, and the fans will return.

Yeah well I think quite a few people complained about the budget early on. I think it was pretty obvious early on how this would develop in this exact situation we are living in. In talent exodus. This notion that players don’t care who is an owner as long as they get paid is false. Players are smarter than that. If they can’t be surrounded by other talent and have a real opportunity to win, and if they can get paid in another environment. They will leave.

This is all on Melnyk.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum