GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 21]

91TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:08 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Dorion is a putz.

Shmuck, putz. It's all the same.

• Sens should be looking at getting 1sts from teams that have two. Missing out on that Vancouver 1st from Tampa really hurt. Carolina has Toronto's 1st and Ottawa should be trying to get that pick or Carolina's pick (whatever the trade is it will be conditional I am sure). Carolina is in the same boat as Florida. They have instability in nets, they need defensive help especially on the right, and a player like Pageau would go a long way in helping them shutdown Ovechkin, Crosby, etc. They also have some prospects I'd love to have (Bokk, Suzuki, Bean).

• Florida only has one 1st but need a backup goalie and defensive help if they're going to make the playoffs.

• Edmonton is Edmonton. Their 1st is definitely up for grabs. They may have interest in Pageau + Duclair (imagine Duclair with McDavid), and their RHD is pretty bad.

• Philadelphia is holding on for dear life. They play Columbus twice this week and need a good shutdown forward and defensive depth.

• The Islanders gave up a 2nd for Greene but it's a 2021 2nd. I can't see Lou giving up his 1st but can see him parting ways with an A-prospect and a 2nd for Pageau.

---

I think we see Ottawa make a trade today. Maybe not Pageau but Dorion better do something before he's left in the dust.

tons of time to complete deals and there's so many buyers. that being said this deadline is pretty irrelevant. either pageau is signed or traded, otherwise the other guys who could be really don't get much in return.

don't exactly see how the Sens missed out on Tampas (Vancouvers) first. They didn't have a comparable player to trade.

92TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:24 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Pageau is one of the better defensive forwards and more versatile players in the NHL. I am not suggesting he's a top-tier player but he can play any forward position, play in any situation, and can shutdown other teams' top players. That to me is worth a 1st and a prospect and there are few teams willing to part with their 1st

93TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:24 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Grubauer out for the foreseeable future

https://www.nhl.com/news/philipp-grubauer-out-with-lower-body-injury/c-315183276

He’s day-to-day at this point. That could also be lip-service so they don’t seem desperate for a goalie in trade talks.

Sounds like he'll be re-evaluated later this week and is expected to "miss some games"

94TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:55 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Vancouver gives a Dung ton for Toffoli.

Dorion has done nothing.

95TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:55 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

No but now Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg need to respond

96TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:34 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Pageau is one of the better defensive forwards and more versatile players in the NHL. I am not suggesting he's a top-tier player but he can play any forward position, play in any situation, and can shutdown other teams' top players. That to me is worth a 1st and a prospect and there are few teams  willing to part with their 1st

i agree, but it might not end up being this year's first either. which is fine by me.

97TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:37 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Dorion is a putz.

Shmuck, putz. It's all the same.

• Sens should be looking at getting 1sts from teams that have two. Missing out on that Vancouver 1st from Tampa really hurt. Carolina has Toronto's 1st and Ottawa should be trying to get that pick or Carolina's pick (whatever the trade is it will be conditional I am sure). Carolina is in the same boat as Florida. They have instability in nets, they need defensive help especially on the right, and a player like Pageau would go a long way in helping them shutdown Ovechkin, Crosby, etc. They also have some prospects I'd love to have (Bokk, Suzuki, Bean).

• Florida only has one 1st but need a backup goalie and defensive help if they're going to make the playoffs.

• Edmonton is Edmonton. Their 1st is definitely up for grabs. They may have interest in Pageau + Duclair (imagine Duclair with McDavid), and their RHD is pretty bad.

• Philadelphia is holding on for dear life. They play Columbus twice this week and need a good shutdown forward and defensive depth.

• The Islanders gave up a 2nd for Greene but it's a 2021 2nd. I can't see Lou giving up his 1st but can see him parting ways with an A-prospect and a 2nd for Pageau.

---

I think we see Ottawa make a trade today. Maybe not Pageau but Dorion better do something before he's left in the dust.

tons of time to complete deals and there's so many buyers. that being said this deadline is pretty irrelevant. either pageau is signed or traded, otherwise the other guys who could be really don't get much in return.

don't exactly see how the Sens missed out on Tampas (Vancouvers) first. They didn't have a comparable player to trade.

at the point we're at and how long we are likely to take before we are a contender again, i'm at the point where i'm not sure it makes any sense not trading pageau. do we really want him in ottawa to mentor and take up a roster spot? if all we can get for him is a 2nd then maybe but if we can get a 1st+ you do that deal.

98TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:24 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Pageau remains are most important chip. Everyone else will yield lesser picks or depth picks which I am hoping dorion can use to move up in the draft or at least package for some players via trade. This rebuild could be done as soon as after the draft with potentially two top five picks plus a key trade or two. Next year will be a development year again but there is no reason to think Ottawa can't push for a playoff spot

99TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:31 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Until Dorion makes a move this trade deadline, he’s garbage. Once he makes a move, I will reevaluate. If he didn’t call the Islanders, he’s a moron. If he did call them and he couldnt make a deal with a team that was in desperate need of a D ever since their Pelech injury and subsequent freefall, and a team that just paid a prospect and a 2nd for 38 year old rental D, I’ve got no more words.

Just Diddle off Dorion

100TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:43 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Until Dorion makes a move this trade deadline, he’s garbage. Once he makes a move, I will reevaluate. If he didn’t call the Islanders, he’s a moron. If he did call them and he couldnt make a deal with a team that was in desperate need of a D ever since their Pelech injury and subsequent freefall, and a team that just paid a prospect and a 2nd for 38 year old rental D, I’ve got no more words.

Just Diddle off Dorion

I can appreciate the sentiment but that’s a two way street. Maybe the isles. Wanted some veteran leadership and not some young Dman.

I too anxiously await what kind of deal/flop he sets this team up with before trade deadline.

In the past year we’ve seen both underpaiments and overpayments if deals are made last minutes on trade deadline day.
A guy like pageau should get us an overpaiement. Other guys might disappoint

101TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:51 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Pageau remains are most important chip. Everyone else will yield lesser picks or depth picks which I am hoping dorion can use to move up in the draft or at least package for some players via trade. This rebuild could be done as soon as after the draft with potentially two top five picks plus a key trade or two. Next year will be a development year again but there is no reason to think Ottawa can't push for a playoff spot

I disagree that this rebuild will be done after this summer even with two top 7 picks.
There’s always prospects that don’t pan out and in order to be a successful rebuilding team you need to have more than the right amount of good prospects. You need to have guys that will be moved.
I look internally and we still have the unknowns of this world(brown, balcer, tycronik, abramov, Thompson, Bdocker) and guys that had higher expected ceiling or potential that don’t look like they will(chlapik, Davidson, Veronneau, jaros, lavoie).
You might say I’m being pessimistic on certain of these guys but they still have question marks on their heads. but that keeps me skeptic about how fast this rebuild can go. I don’t want to be a homer.

102TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:45 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There are still lots of teams with lots of holes. I will wait until Monday at 4ish PM to declare Dorion an idiot or not.

103TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:34 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Pageau remains are most important chip. Everyone else will yield lesser picks or depth picks which I am hoping dorion can use to move up in the draft or at least package for some players via trade. This rebuild could be done as soon as after the draft with potentially two top five picks plus a key trade or two. Next year will be a development year again but there is no reason to think Ottawa can't push for a playoff spot

I disagree that this rebuild will be done after this summer even with two top 7 picks.
There’s always prospects that don’t pan out and in order to be a successful rebuilding team you need to have more than the right amount of good prospects. You need to have guys that will be moved.
I look internally and we still have the unknowns of this world(brown, balcer, tycronik, abramov, Thompson, Bdocker) and guys that had higher expected ceiling or potential that don’t look like they will(chlapik, Davidson, Veronneau, jaros, lavoie).
You might say I’m being pessimistic on certain of these guys but they still have question marks on their heads. but that keeps me skeptic about how fast this rebuild can go. I don’t want to be a homer.

The key of my post is using other picks/prospects for trades. We don't need 12 picks this draft. We need to add players whether via trade or free agency. Guys like Tkachuk and Chabot are the tip of the iceberg when you consider the talent coming down the pipeline. But at some point you have to turn these picks/prospects into players and I think Dorion will be very active on the trade front this summer.

104TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:41 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Klefbom out 2-3 weeks. Edmonton in scramble mode right now

105TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Until Dorion makes a move this trade deadline, he’s garbage. Once he makes a move, I will reevaluate. If he didn’t call the Islanders, he’s a moron. If he did call them and he couldnt make a deal with a team that was in desperate need of a D ever since their Pelech injury and subsequent freefall, and a team that just paid a prospect and a 2nd for 38 year old rental D, I’ve got no more words.

Just Diddle off Dorion

I can appreciate the sentiment but that’s a two way street. Maybe the isles. Wanted some veteran leadership and not some young Dman.

I too anxiously await what kind of deal/flop he sets this team up with before trade deadline.

In the past year we’ve seen both underpaiments and overpayments if deals are made last minutes on trade deadline day.
A guy like pageau should get us an overpaiement. Other guys might disappoint

I think the Isles simply wanted a defensive Dman ala Pelech and we’ve got plenty of those. I don’t know, I could be wrong as my hatred for Dorion runs deep.

106TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:54 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Klefbom out 2-3 weeks. Edmonton in scramble mode right now

Nurse always picks up his game when Klefbom goes down, just like Malkin does without Sidney in the lineup. I think the Oilers will grab a forward over a Dman as a priority.

107TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:26 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think they try to add both.

108TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:40 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And there goes De Melo. No surprise with that return though I was hopeful we'd get a 2nd

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum