GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019!

+7
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 36]

481TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:16 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:This is an average deal containing who is involved. They get  7-8 years of one of the top 2 way player in the league, a 30-40 goal guy, a leader... for a prospect that is arguably gonna be great but is a few years away, a second rounder, and a so so prospect. Nope. This isn’t a fair deal IMO.

It’s not the worst case scenario but certainly not a fair price.

He's 19 and he already has 28 points in 41 games in the AHL. 19 years old. 19.

482TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:16 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:This is an average deal containing who is involved. They get  7-8 years of one of the top 2 way player in the league, a 30-40 goal guy, a leader... for a prospect that is arguably gonna be great but is a few years away, a second rounder, and a so so prospect. Nope. This isn’t a fair deal IMO.

Did they sign Stone? They haven't yet.... So you're looking at one playoff run for Brannstrom and a 2nd for arguably the best dman outside the NHL right now. They got quality over quantity on this one. Would you have been happier with a 1st and two no-name prospects (Duchene) or two 2nds (Dzingel)? This is a great return.

LHD Depth: Chabot, Brannstron, Wolanin, Boro, Harpur, Lajoie
RHD Depth: Ceci, De Melo, Jaros, JBD

It's unfortunate they didn't get a 1st. But Brannstrom is equivalent to a top 5 pick in the draft this year IMO. And he's two years further developed. And we're drafting top 5 next year. And going for a Calder this year.

They did sign him, but I also agree and I don't see how anyone can be mad (about the return, not about losing Stone), when people always scream quality > quanitity.

Ya I just saw that. But you know what, Ottawa offered him the same thing and more. He didn't take it. So that has to considered on the return too.

483TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Did they sign Stone? They haven't yet.... So you're looking at one playoff run for Brannstrom and a 2nd for arguably the best dman outside the NHL right now. They got quality over quantity on this one. Would you have been happier with a 1st and two no-name prospects (Duchene) or two 2nds (Dzingel)? This is a great return.

LHD Depth: Chabot, Brannstron, Wolanin, Boro, Harpur, Lajoie
RHD Depth: Ceci, De Melo, Jaros, JBD

It's unfortunate they didn't get a 1st. But Brannstrom is equivalent to a top 5 pick in the draft this year IMO. And he's two years further developed. And we're drafting top 5 next year. And going for a Calder this year.

They did sign him, but I also agree and I don't see how anyone can be mad (about the return, not about losing Stone), when people always scream quality > quanitity.

Ya I just saw that. But you know what, Ottawa offered him the same thing and more. He didn't take it. So that has to considered on the return too.
I said it before, he should have been traded last summer. When he signed for a one year taking him to UFA I knew he was a goner. All this could have been dealt differently if management wasn’t so stupid.

Kalrsson should have been dealt to Vegas last deadline, Stone dealt this summer, same for duchene, ceci also, gave away the 1st. We’d also be dead last in the league again but looking to pick a top 3-4 pick. Same or better spot in terms of assets...

this is total lack of direction to try and sella couple more thousand tickets.
Seriously. This is ridiculous.

That said I’m very happy with having Brannstrom being in our system but am very angry about the way this team is continuously being managed. Cussing amateurs run by a broke mad man.

484TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy crap...Brannstrom and Chabot...we're gonna be GOOD if Melnyk goes away. We're building it from the backend up finally.

485TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Jaros, JBD and more to come.

Last edited by PTFlea on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

486TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:43 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

It sucks to lose stone but we knew they were burning it down just hopeful they can melnyk out before these players decide to leave

487TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, melnyk must go now to complete everything.

488TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:50 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Jaros, JBD and more to come.

We still need more on the backend. Hopefully we adress that st the draft. It’s possible to getgreattop 4 guys in the 2nd round and we’re in a good place to nab those.

Like I said, were a couple years of good drafting to be in a serious place if we keep going and if Melnyk sells we’ll have no problem keeping those guys with a dedicated ownership.

Id even trade Brown for a good Dprospect. (Drafting Bean would have been the wiser choice probably)

Focus on the backend at this draft and the nextwe might be able to kill it with forwards again especially if we pick high.

489TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Jaros, JBD and more to come.

We still need more on the backend. Hopefully we adress that st the draft. It’s possible to getgreattop 4 guys in the 2nd round and we’re in a good place to nab those.

Like I said, were a couple years of good drafting to be in a serious place if we keep going and if Melnyk sells we’ll have no problem keeping those guys with a dedicated ownership.

Id even trade Brown for a good Dprospect. (Drafting Bean would have been the wiser choice probably)

Focus on the backend at this draft and the nextwe might be able to kill it with forwards again especially if we pick high.

This is the time where you wish Melnyk was gone so we could sign or acquire a #2 right handed D-man and then let the kids mature.

490TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Btw I think all that “interest in Ceci” was fully manufactured by the Sens via garrioch to try and get someone to bite on him. I’m not sure anyone is willing to pay more than a third rounder for him at this moment.

491TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:10 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

It'll be interesting to see how we're going to get to the cap floor next year.

492TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:It'll be interesting to see how we're going to get to the cap floor next year.

Will it be that hard even if they don't sign anyone in FA?

Edit: i'm playing around on Cap Friendly. Do you NEED to LTIR MacArthur and Gaborik or are you allowed to just claim their caphit?

493TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:45 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

You need to.

494TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:46 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If they can’t get clearance from a doc, they must go to LTIR

495TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:59 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We will get land some over the hill, overpaid “leadership” to guide the team (ie:take up cap space and get us nowhere)

Look no further big game brass to come back this way,or a Ben Lovejoy to replace a departing Ceci, or even a Girardi scraping a two year contract from Dorion... it won’t be pretty I tell you.

496TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:We will get land some over the hill, overpaid “leadership” to guide the team (ie:take up cap space and get us nowhere)

Look no further big game brass to come back this way,or a Ben Lovejoy to replace  a departing Ceci, or even a Girardi scraping a two year contract from Dorion... it won’t be pretty I tell you.

1 year deals only please. For deadline trading.

497TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:13 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm as happy as I can be with the return for Stone. We needed another blue chip defenseman and we got one of the best.

Pierre Dorion came off as an absolute idiot yesterday is his press conference. Saying dumb things like it's his proudest day as a GM, etc.... What an absolute turd. I used to defend him, but his behaviour yesterday was amazingly dumb.

498TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 33 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I'm as happy as I can be with the return for Stone.  We needed another blue chip defenseman and we got one of the best.  

Pierre Dorion came off as an absolute idiot yesterday is his press conference.  Saying dumb things like it's his proudest day as a GM, etc....  What an absolute turd.  I used to defend him, but his behaviour yesterday was amazingly dumb.

Lol, did he really say that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum