GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019!

+7
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 36]

466TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:52 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stone about to sign 8 year extension.

467TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's the quality instead of quantity people wanted.

468TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:54 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, as if we got Brannstrom. That is massive.

469TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:54 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Uuuumm (Brannstrom), oscar Lindbergh and a second for Stone? What...

Jeez.... Dorion.... backed into a corner were you. At least there’s a great prospect. There better be a conditional first that hasn’t been announced.

470TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, as if we got Brannstrom.  That is massive.

471TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:55 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Uuuumm (Brannstrom), oscar Lindbergh and a second for Stone? What...

Jeez.... Dorion.... backed into a corner were you. At least there’s a great prospect. There better be a conditional first that hasn’t been announced.

There shouldn't be. Top prospects don't get dealt at the deadline

472TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Uuuumm (Brannstrom), oscar Lindbergh and a second for Stone? What...

Lol Flo. We just got back the best defensive prospect in the entire draft in most people's opinions. It's a HUGE win for Ottawa.

473TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:59 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Putrid.

474TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:00 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Lol Flo.  We just got back the best defensive prospect in the entire draft in most people's opinions.  It's a HUGE win for Ottawa.

Oh I’m happy about Brannstrom but I think Stone should be getting us more extended. They held Dorion by the nuts, all teams were. Dorion couldn’t not trade him.

475TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Lol Flo.  We just got back the best defensive prospect in the entire draft in most people's opinions.  It's a HUGE win for Ottawa.

Oh I’m happy about Brannstrom but I think Stone should be getting us more extended. They held Dorion by the nuts, all teams were. Dorion couldn’t not trade him.

Brannstrom is a MASSIVE piece to add to Ottawa. Comparable to any of our prospects with the possible exception of Chabot. This is a MASSIVE prospect, this is akin to 2 late 1sts or a top 5 pick, so feel good about it.

476TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is an average deal containing who is involved. They get 7-8 years of one of the top 2 way player in the league, a 30-40 goal guy, a leader... for a prospect that is arguably gonna be great but is a few years away, a second rounder, and a so so prospect. Nope. This isn’t a fair deal IMO.

It’s not the worst case scenario but certainly not a fair price.

477TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:08 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Stone 8 year extension with Vegas AAV is $9.5M

478TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:13 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:This is an average deal containing who is involved. They get  7-8 years of one of the top 2 way player in the league, a 30-40 goal guy, a leader... for a prospect that is arguably gonna be great but is a few years away, a second rounder, and a so so prospect. Nope. This isn’t a fair deal IMO.

Delete

Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

479TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:14 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not happy about losing Stone at all. Happy with the overall haul we got for our pieces.

480TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:This is an average deal containing who is involved. They get  7-8 years of one of the top 2 way player in the league, a 30-40 goal guy, a leader... for a prospect that is arguably gonna be great but is a few years away, a second rounder, and a so so prospect. Nope. This isn’t a fair deal IMO.

Did they sign Stone? They haven't yet.... So you're looking at one playoff run for Brannstrom and a 2nd for arguably the best dman outside the NHL right now. They got quality over quantity on this one. Would you have been happier with a 1st and two no-name prospects (Duchene) or two 2nds (Dzingel)? This is a great return.

LHD Depth: Chabot, Brannstron, Wolanin, Boro, Harpur, Lajoie
RHD Depth: Ceci, De Melo, Jaros, JBD

It's unfortunate they didn't get a 1st. But Brannstrom is equivalent to a top 5 pick in the draft this year IMO. And he's two years further developed. And we're drafting top 5 next year. And going for a Calder this year.

They did sign him, but I also agree and I don't see how anyone can be mad (about the return, not about losing Stone), when people always scream quality > quanitity.

481TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's 19 and he already has 28 points in 41 games in the AHL. 19 years old. 19.

482TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:16 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

Did they sign Stone? They haven't yet.... So you're looking at one playoff run for Brannstrom and a 2nd for arguably the best dman outside the NHL right now. They got quality over quantity on this one. Would you have been happier with a 1st and two no-name prospects (Duchene) or two 2nds (Dzingel)? This is a great return.

It's unfortunate they didn't get a 1st. But Brannstrom is equivalent to a top 5 pick in the draft this year IMO. And he's two years further developed. And we're drafting top 5 next year. And going for a Calder this year.

They did sign him, but I also agree and I don't see how anyone can be mad (about the return, not about losing Stone), when people always scream quality > quanitity.

Ya I just saw that. But you know what, Ottawa offered him the same thing and more. He didn't take it. So that has to considered on the return too.

483TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 32 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Ya I just saw that. But you know what, Ottawa offered him the same thing and more. He didn't take it. So that has to considered on the return too.
I said it before, he should have been traded last summer. When he signed for a one year taking him to UFA I knew he was a goner. All this could have been dealt differently if management wasn’t so stupid.

Kalrsson should have been dealt to Vegas last deadline, Stone dealt this summer, same for duchene, ceci also, gave away the 1st. We’d also be dead last in the league again but looking to pick a top 3-4 pick. Same or better spot in terms of assets...

this is total lack of direction to try and sella couple more thousand tickets.
Seriously. This is ridiculous.

That said I’m very happy with having Brannstrom being in our system but am very angry about the way this team is continuously being managed. Cussing amateurs run by a broke mad man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum