GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019!

+7
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 36]

511TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:27 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:I'm happy with the return for all the players but losing Stone definitely stings. I have only really cared about losing Alfredsson and now Stone. I did not care that Karlsson was traded because I felt we had our true captain and leader in Stone, and personality wise he is way beyond Karlsson. We should have locked him up in 2017.

Last year we had Karlsson, Duchene, Hoffman, Stone, and Dzingel on our team. We finished 2nd last. Signing these same guys for more money past their prime years doesn't make sense. That's what people fail to see in all of this. Losing Stone hurts. But in 4-5 years he won't be nearly as good as he is now, he'll have a huge contract, and we'll need that money to pay our other players.

I think Dorion did well on just about every trade he's made. Not saying he won them all, but hell Jonathan Dhalen was traded for a nobody this year, and Brassard for a 3rd.

I don't think people *here* are mad at the rebuild so much as we're done with Melnyk.  

And they have every right to be. We will see what happens with LeBreton this week. And he could have cut all this salary for the purposes of maximizing his return on an upcoming sale. Who knows.

I’m gonna be the sour one but I don’t think Dorion did well on any trade since he’s been GM. He’s done Ok to bad. There hasn’t been a straight up win in terms of trade and the more I look at him perform his duties and flap his yap, the more I think we have a case of an emperor walking in his new clothes. To much of an idiot to see he’s Cussing up.

I really hope he’s shone the door when his master sells.

512TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:35 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Only trade he did well with was Brassard last year in my opinion. And that was just Pittsburgh being deadline stupid like they always are. Dorion probably had nothing to do with it other than saying ok.

513TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:42 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Let's see what he drafts with all these picks. Too early to tell.

514TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:19 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Whoever he drafts, it won’t be Jack Hughes. I’ve seen enough. I can’t believe he gets the slack he does from seemingly knowledgeable fans.

515TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He should stick to drafting. He Brass trade was good. That’s a poor record.

It’s funny how management thought we should clear the team last year when clearing everyone on up from the players would have had more positive effects.
I don’t see the reason for optimism until we know that it can be sustained. It starts with selling the team.

516TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gibbons looked decent last night from the limited amount I saw.

517TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

People keep saying "the Brass trade was good" but completely forgetting that it was set up by trading Zibanejad and a 2nd.

518TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:People keep saying "the Brass trade was good" but completely forgetting that it was set up by trading Zibanejad and a 2nd.

That part was weird. Also dorion thinking that moving ahead we’d be better with brass is another short sightedness of his. The question remains, do we still make the ECF with zib?

I no longer feel confident in the abilities of our GM past setting up the draft. I feel like the upwards piracies above players to owner is a place card for the moment until a whole change comes about.

On some days I wonder if change will actually come. Melnyk is crazy enough to remain owner of the sens as long as he can pay the bills. We might be close to another decade without ownership change with the way things are e going. He might just run the team on a shoestring, participate in taking from revenue sharing and stretch those expansion fees for a long long time until he gets an exorbitant offer he can’t refuse. I can see him holding out for 650

519TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:04 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Is anyone else still pissed we traded Columbus both Duchene and Dzingel and couldn’t get Bemstrom included in the return? No? Ok, I will check back soon.

520TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:17 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Is anyone else still pissed we traded Columbus both Duchene and Dzingel and couldn’t get Bemstrom included in the return? No? Ok, I will check back soon.
The stone deal is a top prospect and a 2ndofr 8years of markstone. Doesn’t matter how you shake it, Vegas got a bargain. I’m happy with Brannstrom but we should have cashed a lot more. Oscar isn’t likely staying and even if he does, big woopy.

We basically got 2 high B prospects with bustability and at best a mid level 1st for duchene.which is.... meh. The only way this turns into a good deal is if Duchene signs another contract with Columbus and they suck from hell to high water next year and we wind up with a top 5 pick from that conditional. But does anyone actually believe he’s not gonna test the open market at this point?

521TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:19 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He  might sign if he really wants that 8th yearand they throw 9 mill at him witha great bonus/lockout protection deal, but I doubt it.

He’s got 1 goal 4 points in the last 9 games. Not exactly tearing it up right now. He might get more in the open market than what they might want to throw at him.

522TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:22 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also another question. Why on earth did it come down to the last minute with mark stone? Could they not get a clear indication he did not want to play for Ottawa anymore? How hard can that conversation be? It’s a simple yes or no. Isn’t anyone else finding Dorion isnaptitude at managing players and their contract talks worrysome?

523TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:25 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

At this point the Dzingel trade is the only one which is acceptable.

524TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:39 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

4 straight posts of fire.

525TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Is anyone else still pissed we traded Columbus both Duchene and Dzingel and couldn’t get Bemstrom included in the return? No? Ok, I will check back soon.
The stone deal is a top prospect and a 2ndofr 8years of markstone. Doesn’t matter how you shake it, Vegas got a bargain. I’m happy with Brannstrom but we should have cashed a lot more. Oscar isn’t likely staying and even if he does, big woopy.

We basically got 2 high B prospects with bustability and at best a mid level 1st for duchene.which is.... meh. The only way this turns into a good deal is if Duchene signs another contract with Columbus and they suck from hell to high water next year and we wind up with a top 5 pick from that conditional. But does anyone actually believe he’s not gonna test the open market at this point?

You basically answered your question/concerns yourself. The return we got for Duchene was a return for a rental player most likely. It was a fair price in my opinion and I’ll be happy to get that first that’s going to be around 15-20. If Columbus misses the playoffs then they got hosed on the deal. And hell there’s still a decent chance Duchene returns to Ottawa although I’m not banking on that.

Dzingel, same thing, rental return but in that case it looks like they actually got a potentially comparable player in Duclair plus picks. Hes the only guy I would have traded even if they were a real team this year who signed Stone, Duchene etc

Doesn’t really matter now, we’ll see what the picks become in a few years down the road as well as the prospects we got.

526TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Also another question. Why on earth did it come down to the last minute with mark stone? Could they not get a clear indication he did not want to play for Ottawa anymore? How hard can that conversation be? It’s a simple yes or no. Isn’t anyone else finding Dorion isnaptitude at managing players and their contract talks worrysome?

It’s most likely not a simple yes or no. He was probably struggling hard since he would have been our captain, this is the only team he’s played for, was drafted by Ottawa, and has a girlfriend who was born and raised in Ottawa whose opinion plays a big role in the matter.

The only thing worrisome is the guy at the top

527TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In 4 years there wouldn't even be a question of trading Brannstrom for Stone, you wouldn't do it - assuming brannstrom pans out like most think he will.

The other trades are more of a question

528TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:11 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

You basically answered your question/concerns yourself. The return we got for Duchene was a return for a rental player most likely. It was a fair price in my opinion and I’ll be happy to get that first that’s going to be around 15-20. If Columbus misses the playoffs then they got hosed on the deal. And hell there’s still a decent chance Duchene returns to Ottawa although I’m not banking on that.

Dzingel, same thing, rental return but in that case it looks like they actually got a potentially comparable player in Duclair plus picks. Hes the only guy I would have traded even if they were a real team this year who signed Stone, Duchene etc

Doesn’t really matter now, we’ll see what the picks become in a few years down the road as well as the prospects we got.

Anything after 10 in this draft is a big drop in talent. Sure, it may be a 1st, but I’m still unimpressed with all things Sens lately.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum