GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019!

+7
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 36]

496TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:17 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:We will get land some over the hill, overpaid “leadership” to guide the team (ie:take up cap space and get us nowhere)

Look no further big game brass to come back this way,or a Ben Lovejoy to replace  a departing Ceci, or even a Girardi scraping a two year contract from Dorion... it won’t be pretty I tell you.

1 year deals only please. For deadline trading.

497TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:13 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm as happy as I can be with the return for Stone. We needed another blue chip defenseman and we got one of the best.

Pierre Dorion came off as an absolute idiot yesterday is his press conference. Saying dumb things like it's his proudest day as a GM, etc.... What an absolute turd. I used to defend him, but his behaviour yesterday was amazingly dumb.

498TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:34 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I'm as happy as I can be with the return for Stone.  We needed another blue chip defenseman and we got one of the best.  

Pierre Dorion came off as an absolute idiot yesterday is his press conference.  Saying dumb things like it's his proudest day as a GM, etc....  What an absolute turd.  I used to defend him, but his behaviour yesterday was amazingly dumb.

Lol, did he really say that?

499TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:59 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I'm as happy as I can be with the return for Stone.  We needed another blue chip defenseman and we got one of the best.  

Pierre Dorion came off as an absolute idiot yesterday is his press conference.  Saying dumb things like it's his proudest day as a GM, etc....  What an absolute turd.  I used to defend him, but his behaviour yesterday was amazingly dumb.

Lol, did he really say that?

ya he did. he's a pretty smug jerk-off. especially in front of the media

500TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:05 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

But the Sens will be good in 2-3 years, especially if they can draft top five in 2020 and 2021.

Goalie depth: Hogberg, Gustavsson, D'Accord
Defense depth: Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Lajoie, Jaros, JBD, Tychonik
Center Depth: White, Brown, Norris, Pageau, Chlapik, Tierney, Byfield/Lafreniere
Winger Depth: Tkachuk, Batherson, Formenton, Balcers, Duclair, Abramov, Paul, Top-five pick

501TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm happy with the return for all the players but losing Stone definitely stings. I have only really cared about losing Alfredsson and now Stone. I did not care that Karlsson was traded because I felt we had our true captain and leader in Stone, and personality wise he is way beyond Karlsson. We should have locked him up in 2017.

502TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We need to scour the earth for a right handed dman. Tyler Myers would be a nice addition.

503TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:47 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I'm happy with the return for all the players but losing Stone definitely stings. I have only really cared about losing Alfredsson and now Stone. I did not care that Karlsson was traded because I felt we had our true captain and leader in Stone, and personality wise he is way beyond Karlsson. We should have locked him up in 2017.

Yeah, we obviously missed to boat a couple times on a long term contract for Stone. I agree, this is the hardest loss since The Alfie, and this is an even bigger one given Stone is in his prime.

Also, yes, the Sens will eventually be good given their young group of players, BUT this is also dependent on the right coaching staff being brought in (likely impossible under Melnyk/Dorion), and Melnyk leaving.

504TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:But the Sens will be good in 2-3 years, especially if they can draft top five in 2020 and 2021.

Center Depth: White, Brown, Norris, Pageau, Chlapik, Tierney, Byfield/Lafreniere
Winger Depth: Tkachuk, Batherson, Formenton, Balcers, Duclair, Abramov, Paul, Top-five pick

And as Vegas has shown, throw in stellar goaltending with the right mix of young players and you can compete sooner than expected. Can we get Bobrovsky with the right amount of dough?

- Unknown Author

505TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:But the Sens will be good in 2-3 years, especially if they can draft top five in 2020 and 2021.

And as Vegas has shown, throw in stellar goaltending with the right mix of young players and you can compete sooner than expected.  Can we get Bobrovsky with the right amount of dough?

Assuming we can sign our own prospect Joel Daccord (not a slamdunk), our young goaltending depth is quite good. I doubt Bobrovsky would want to sign hear unless the $$$ was ridiculous, and obviously Uncle Euge isn’t exactly willing to start tossing around millions of dollars…and in this case it may not make sense given the homegrown cheap young goalies we have in the system. Even if Daccord doesn’t sign with us, Gustavsson and Hogberg are good, and even Kevin Mandolese is looking like a good goalie prospect.

All that to say, I don’t see Bobrovsky ending up here for a multitude of reasons.

506TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

And as Vegas has shown, throw in stellar goaltending with the right mix of young players and you can compete sooner than expected.  Can we get Bobrovsky with the right amount of dough?

Assuming we can sign our own prospect Joel Daccord (not a slamdunk), our young goaltending depth is quite good.  I doubt Bobrovsky would want to sign hear unless the $$$ was ridiculous, and obviously Uncle Euge isn’t exactly willing to start tossing around millions of dollars…and in this case it may not make sense given the homegrown cheap young goalies we have in the system.  Even if Daccord doesn’t sign with us, Gustavsson and Hogberg are good, and even Kevin Mandolese is looking like a good goalie prospect.

All that to say, I don’t see Bobrovsky ending up here for a multitude of reasons.

Considering he has a long way to go to get to the cap floor it would be smart spending to back up the Brink's truck for Bobrovsky but, that would assume this organisation is capable of being smart.

- Unknown Author

507TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:01 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I'm happy with the return for all the players but losing Stone definitely stings. I have only really cared about losing Alfredsson and now Stone. I did not care that Karlsson was traded because I felt we had our true captain and leader in Stone, and personality wise he is way beyond Karlsson. We should have locked him up in 2017.

Last year we had Karlsson, Duchene, Hoffman, Stone, and Dzingel on our team. We finished 2nd last. Signing these same guys for more money past their prime years doesn't make sense. That's what people fail to see in all of this. Losing Stone hurts. But in 4-5 years he won't be nearly as good as he is now, he'll have a huge contract, and we'll need that money to pay our other players.

I think Dorion did well on just about every trade he's made. Not saying he won them all, but hell Jonathan Dhalen was traded for a nobody this year, and Brassard for a 3rd.

508TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:11 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Last year we had Karlsson, Duchene, Hoffman, Stone, and Dzingel on our team. We finished 2nd last. Signing these same guys for more money past their prime years doesn't make sense. That's what people fail to see in all of this. Losing Stone hurts. But in 4-5 years he won't be nearly as good as he is now, he'll have a huge contract, and we'll need that money to pay our other players.

I think Dorion did well on just about every trade he's made. Not saying he won them all, but hell Jonathan Dhalen was traded for a nobody this year, and Brassard for a 3rd.

I don't think people *here* are mad at the rebuild so much as we're done with Melnyk.

509TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:57 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

I don't think people *here* are mad at the rebuild so much as we're done with Melnyk.  

And they have every right to be. We will see what happens with LeBreton this week. And he could have cut all this salary for the purposes of maximizing his return on an upcoming sale. Who knows.

510TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I don't know what there is to talk about other than Lebreton, and then the draft in a few months.

511TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

And they have every right to be. We will see what happens with LeBreton this week. And he could have cut all this salary for the purposes of maximizing his return on an upcoming sale. Who knows.

I’m gonna be the sour one but I don’t think Dorion did well on any trade since he’s been GM. He’s done Ok to bad. There hasn’t been a straight up win in terms of trade and the more I look at him perform his duties and flap his yap, the more I think we have a case of an emperor walking in his new clothes. To much of an idiot to see he’s Cussing up.

I really hope he’s shone the door when his master sells.

512TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:35 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Only trade he did well with was Brassard last year in my opinion. And that was just Pittsburgh being deadline stupid like they always are. Dorion probably had nothing to do with it other than saying ok.

513TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:42 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Let's see what he drafts with all these picks. Too early to tell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum