GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #67: Sens @ Avalanche, Mar 11, 2017, 7:00pm

+4
PTFlea
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

C'mon boys! Lets bank some points! It's gonna be a hard stretch of games coming up!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Two words I didn't want to hear in the same sentence: Stone and MRI.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

4-1. Safe to say the Sens are about to take over 1st place?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

God damn! Dzingel is turning out to be quite the scrapper!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:4-1. Safe to say the Sens are about to take over 1st place?

Yup  Beer StickmanDancing NOT!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Claesson's really showing his worth as a 6th guy. Impressive stuff! First in the Atlantic! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bet the boys know what place they are in, but Boucher was business as usual. Doesn't matter. Just one game at a time. Tampa is next and we'd like to do better than last time.

I'm not in that locker room. Do I can go ahead and look ahead at the Rangers as the likely first round opponent. New York is just 4 points ahead of us in the standings, and Ottawa good a game in hand. With Lundqvist out 2-3 weeks there is a good chance we will pass them, too. Not that it matters, but certainly will stifle a lot of that talk.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, Burns had zero points last night. Karlsson with two assists, now 7 back.

Unfortunately the Sharks play the Stars tonight.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, what a delightful evening. Montreal can retake first tonight with a win this evening against the Oilers, but the important thing here is that Ottawa just keeps picking up points to further solidify their playoff position. There's still 13 to 15 games left for most teams, so let's not get ahead of ourselves!

I love that Dzingel is feisty...Landeskog is a big boy to take on. It's crazy when you look at our lineup and wonder how all this came together.... Love it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I think looking back on this season I think we can all agree that in terms of players, Dzingel's been one of the most pleasant surprise.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Magic number down to 22/21.

Leafs are in 4th place. With 15 games regaining the most they can get is 106 points. Sens need 22 points to get there, and assuming they maintain their lead in ROWs (currently leading by 5) that would be enough to guarantee top three in the Atlantic.

So any combination of the Sens winning and Leafs losing adding up to 22 points gets them into the playoffs.

The first team out of a wildcard spot is the Islanders. Their max is 105, which means the Sens magic number for the Wildcard spot is 21 (the Sens hold a 4 ROW lead on them as well). Any combination of Sens winning or Islanders losing that adds up to 21 guarantees a playoff spot.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Love the victories, being in first place. That said, I hate too much positivity around here so I'm gonna bring a negative.....anyone else getting pissed off with Brassard or is it just me? The guy needs to elevate his game and start producing offensively, we paid a steep price for this guy. Looks pretty useless right now.

Saving grace might be his performance in the playoffs.....I hope he can replicate his magic.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Well, what a delightful evening.  Montreal can retake first tonight with a win this evening against the Oilers, but the important thing here is that Ottawa just keeps picking up points to further solidify their playoff position.  There's still 13 to 15 games left for most teams, so let's not get ahead of ourselves!

I love that Dzingel is feisty...Landeskog is a big boy to take on. It's crazy when you look at our lineup and wonder how all this came together....  Love it.

Yesh man, plus one on this post

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Bet the boys know what place they are in, but Boucher was business as usual. Doesn't matter. Just one game at a time. Tampa is next and we'd like to do better than last time.

I'm not in that locker room. Do I can go ahead and look ahead at the Rangers as the likely first round opponent.  New York is just 4 points ahead of us in the standings, and Ottawa good a game in hand. With Lundqvist out 2-3 weeks there is a good chance we will pass them, too. Not that it matters, but certainly will stifle a lot of that talk.

I maintain that any of the potential first round matchups are very much winnable. Boston, Toronto, NYR, Montreal (though I'm not sure how that would work barring a collapse by both teams) are all teams that Ottawa can beat in 7 games. My expectations are that they win at least a round this year.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Bet the boys know what place they are in, but Boucher was business as usual. Doesn't matter. Just one game at a time. Tampa is next and we'd like to do better than last time.

I'm not in that locker room. Do I can go ahead and look ahead at the Rangers as the likely first round opponent.  New York is just 4 points ahead of us in the standings, and Ottawa good a game in hand. With Lundqvist out 2-3 weeks there is a good chance we will pass them, too. Not that it matters, but certainly will stifle a lot of that talk.

I maintain that any of the potential first round matchups are very much winnable. Boston, Toronto, NYR, Montreal (though I'm not sure how that would work barring a collapse by both teams) are all teams that Ottawa can beat in 7 games. My expectations are that they win at least a round this year.

We're going all the way, spader. All. The. Way!!!!

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Buckle up.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Buckle up.

AHHHHH HELLS YEAH!!!!

GDT - Game #67: Sens @ Avalanche, Mar 11, 2017, 7:00pm - Page 2 852933671

Cheering StickmanDancing MJ Fireworks Dancing Dumbo Wolfie

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Up until very recently the 2 through 4 teams in the Met were bunched up within a couple points of each other, and the Caps were ahead of the pack by quite a bit. It really was a tossup as to which one would have the winner of the Atlantic.

Now that it looks likey it will be the Rangers it's much easier to say you don't care who you will be playing on the first round.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum