GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+11
mattshock
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
I agree that they need a PMD who can score but they might sacrifice that in the faint hopes they can win this year. Up front I also don't see them as having enough scoring depth to make a serious run. I think their secondary scoring isn't dependable enough.

Their secondary scoring is pretty bad. It's like we have one bad fourth line and they have two. But Duchene will not solve their third and fourth line problems. Seriously, they need some scoring in their bottom six. Those players are surprisingly difficult to find. Someone who won't score 20, but is good for 10-12 while playing around 10 minutes a night (under 10 at ES).

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol. The Stars are paying Cody Eaking $3.85M per year until 19/20 and he has 7 pts this year.

I think we'll end up seeing the Avs, Coyotes, Stars, Jets, Flames, Canucks, Canes, Devils, Red Wings, and Sabres being sellers at the deadline.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:lol.  The Stars are paying Cody Eaking $3.85M per year until 19/20 and he has 7 pts this year.  

I think we'll end up seeing the Avs, Coyotes, Stars, Jets, Flames, Canucks, Canes, Devils, Red Wings, and Sabres being sellers at the deadline.

It's that better or worse than Bobby? Point per game pet Million for Ryan is 0.0616. Same calculation for Eakin gives 0.0519. however I did not take TOI into consideration.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So the Habs fire Therien and replace him with Julien. Too bad Sad

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Called it!

Or at least asked it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So the Habs fire Therien and replace him with Julien.  Too bad Sad

They'll have that new coach bounce but the roster is still Dung, IMO.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Should have fired Bergevin.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Should have fired Bergevin.
Wait till he trades half their prospects away then fire him!

Last edited by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can Crosby get his 1000th point already? I'm sick of hearing how close he is every day for a week now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't worry, I'm sure Crysby will get that in his next game and then we can all move on.

How about Antoine "Ref-Killer" Vermette with the old referee slash last night? Enjoy your 10 game suspension!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That was really stupid. But given his tenure in the league as one of the best face off guys it makes me wonder what led to this. I hope he gets ten, of not more, but also hope they look into the linesman's behavior leading up to that point. "Drop the puck!" is becoming the new "Shoot!" when watching the game.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vermette did indeed get the automatic 10 game suspension. Apparently he can appeal it to Bettman, but there's no real grounds to reduce the suspension. Just a dumb, dumb play.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:That was really stupid. But given his tenure in the league as one of the best face off guys it makes me wonder what led to this. I hope he gets ten, of not more, but also hope they look into the linesman's behavior leading up to that point.  "Drop the puck!" is becoming the new "Shoot!" when watching the game.

What a silly thing to say. Why would that matter? The ref not dropping the puck quickly is no reason to slash him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Vermette did indeed get the automatic 10 game suspension.  Apparently he can appeal it to Bettman, but there's no real grounds to reduce the suspension.  Just a dumb, dumb play.

He would have been smarter to really make it count with a cross-check to the chiclets!!!! Clapping

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tom Gilbert apparently traded to Washington? Didn't know he was still playing...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Tom Gilbert apparently traded to Washington?  Didn't know he was still playing...
Wasn't he in LA?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Tom Gilbert apparently traded to Washington?  Didn't know he was still playing...
Wasn't he in LA?

Yeah. 50% retained by Kings, no assets change hands unless the Caps gets to the 2nd and Gilbert plays in 50% of games. If that happens, they get a 5th.

In other words: Ahhhhh!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Wasn't he in LA?

Yeah.  50% retained by Kings, no assets change hands unless the Caps gets to the 2nd and Gilbert plays in 50% of games. If that happens, they get a 5th.

In other words:  Ahhhhh!
Geez, I'm loving the low costs of these trades. Is LA becoming a seller?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum