GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+11
mattshock
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Tom Gilbert apparently traded to Washington?  Didn't know he was still playing...
Wasn't he in LA?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Tom Gilbert apparently traded to Washington?  Didn't know he was still playing...
Wasn't he in LA?

Yeah. 50% retained by Kings, no assets change hands unless the Caps gets to the 2nd and Gilbert plays in 50% of games. If that happens, they get a 5th.

In other words: Ahhhhh!

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Wasn't he in LA?

Yeah.  50% retained by Kings, no assets change hands unless the Caps gets to the 2nd and Gilbert plays in 50% of games. If that happens, they get a 5th.

In other words:  Ahhhhh!
Geez, I'm loving the low costs of these trades. Is LA becoming a seller?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Wasn't he in LA?

Yeah.  50% retained by Kings, no assets change hands unless the Caps gets to the 2nd and Gilbert plays in 50% of games. If that happens, they get a 5th.

Gilbert had been a healthy scratch many times this season, so this isn't really "becoming a seller" so much as it is possibly getting something for nothing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Wasn't he in LA?

Gilbert had been a healthy scratch many times this season, so this isn't really "becoming a seller" so much as it is possibly getting something for nothing.

They just waived The Gooch, too. Maybe they're looking to add.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Florida won a wild one last night. Two goal lead in the third, Pavelski scores twice for the Sharks to tie it up late at fives, Luongo takes himself out with 38 seconds to go, Reimer gets the W with two saves in OT as Huberdeau scores to extend his point streak. That's one way to start your California trip. They face the Ducks and Kings back to back starting tomorrow, then the Blues Monday. Tough schedule.

Panthers are tied with the Islanders at 60 points through 55 games. Ahead of them are the Flyers with 61 in 57, then the Leafs with 63 in 56. Boston is at 64 through 58 games, thanks to a 3 game win streak after firing Julien. But they come out of their bye week with a trip through California and Dallas, before returning home. Good luck there. Islanders play the Rangers, Devils x2 and Wings. Flyers play the Oilers and Canucks in the the time frame. Leafs, probably doesn't matter as they should pass the Bruins soon and sit third in the Atlantic.

Looks like the Islanders have the inside track for that last Wildcard spot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Islanders are now ahead of the Flyers and still have two gashes in hand. Panthers are one point back of Philly but have three games in hand. Doesn't look good for the Flyers.

Boston come out of their bye week on a three game winning streak that's likely to come to a grinding halt as they go through the valley of death. But they just might stay ahead of the Leafs who play Ottawa, then fly out to Carolina, back home to host the Jets, Rags and Habs, before their trip through that same valley of death. Not an easy schedule.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A plane carrying a KHL team had an apparent left engine failure on takeoff and slid off the runway and onto a field. No injuries.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:A plane carrying a KHL team had an apparent left engine failure on takeoff and slid off the runway and onto a field. No injuries.

Jesus. Christ.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:A plane carrying a KHL team had an apparent left engine failure on takeoff and slid off the runway and onto a field. No injuries.

Jesus.  Christ.

"Thats what they said!" Eh oh!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kalinin is on waivers. I thought he had a pretty pesky game against the Sens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Look out, here comes Florida. 4-1 over Anaheim last night, they are tied with the Islanders and just one loser point back of the Leafs for the last Wildcard spot. Two back of Boston with two games in hand. Four back of Ottawa. Let's see if LA can slow them down a bit tonight.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Look out, here comes Florida. 4-1 over Anaheim last night, they are tied with the Islanders and just one loser point back of the Leafs for the last Wildcard spot.  Two back of Boston with two games in hand. Four back of Ottawa.  Let's see if LA can slow them down a bit tonight.
I could see Florida coming back and pushing Boston and Toronto out of a playoff spot. They'd be a tough opponent.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Kalinin is on waivers. I thought he had a pretty pesky game against the Sens.  

Leafs get Kalinin for Loov. Couldn't claim him on waivers because they didn't have contact space.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Habs booed off the ice as they lose 3-1 to Laine and the Jets.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guess I should have said the Habs were beaten b-b-by Laine and the Jetss.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Habs booed off the ice as they lose 3-1 to Laine and the Jets.

Really? Like actually booed off the ice by their own fans?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Habs booed off the ice as they lose 3-1 to Laine and the Jets.

Really? Like actually booed off the ice by their own fans?

Yep, I was running errands and listened to the end of the game oh the radio.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum