GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+11
mattshock
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Interesting hire.

http://www.tsn.ca/mccrimmon-expected-to-join-las-vegas-staff-1.535614

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Interesting hire.

http://www.tsn.ca/mccrimmon-expected-to-join-las-vegas-staff-1.535614

He is the younger brother of Brad McCrimmond (who died in that Yaroslavl crash).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kane is such an Donkey, wow

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tyson Barrie 4 years @ $5.5M AAV. Avs have under $1M cap space left with 14F, 8D, 2G.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cowen Buyout Watch is back on. The Leafs have all their RFAs signed and will have a 48-hour buyout window opening on Monday. If they can prove he is no-longer "injured" they would have $2.85M cap space; otherwise they only have $56K (but then they could place Cowen on LTIR and will have have cap relief).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interestingly, the Avs and Barrie did go through an arbitration hearing, and the ruling was due today or tomorrow.  A 4 year deal means they reached it outside of arbitration.  He was asking for $6M (1 year) and the club countered with $4/4.25M (2 years).  I don't think he would have gotten $6M from arbitration (would be highest award in last decade -- and for a D-man to boot).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think Marincin and Barrie were the last ones left (arbitration) so that's it now. Only one player reached the arbitration hearing, but his deal got settled while awaiting the ruling.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sam Gagner, 1 yr, $650K with CBJ.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kris Russell still looking for around $4M per year. 

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/kris-russell-reportedly-asking-4-million-range/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, vermette waived to be bought out. Madness, I'd love him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd just straight out claim him. 1 year left, 3.75, beauty.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I'd just straight out claim him. 1 year left, 3.75, beauty.
I literally just came here to see if you'd heard already. I figured you'd be all over that. Vermette/Kelly/Neil would be quite the reunion line.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I'd just straight out claim him. 1 year left, 3.75, beauty.
I literally just came here to see if you'd heard already. I figured you'd be all over that. Vermette/Kelly/Neil would be quite the reunion line.

The difference is that vermette still is a very good player while the other two are just ok

I don't think we have the cap, but if he clears (why would he), I think we should be all over it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

At $3.75M with the cap not going up much and a lot of teams either not looking or without the required cap space, there is a good chance he will clear. 38 points in each of the last two seasons, 34 years old. He won't have trouble finding a spot, but probably after he is bought out first.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PK Subban was hosting a Just For Laughs gala tonight. In Montreal.

"Can someone get me a beer? A good beer, none of that Molson stuff."

Zing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum