GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+11
mattshock
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I'd just straight out claim him. 1 year left, 3.75, beauty.
I literally just came here to see if you'd heard already. I figured you'd be all over that. Vermette/Kelly/Neil would be quite the reunion line.

The difference is that vermette still is a very good player while the other two are just ok

I don't think we have the cap, but if he clears (why would he), I think we should be all over it.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

At $3.75M with the cap not going up much and a lot of teams either not looking or without the required cap space, there is a good chance he will clear. 38 points in each of the last two seasons, 34 years old. He won't have trouble finding a spot, but probably after he is bought out first.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PK Subban was hosting a Just For Laughs gala tonight. In Montreal.

"Can someone get me a beer? A good beer, none of that Molson stuff."

Zing!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

FYI Vermette was not waived. He was just bought out

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hard to believe there wasn't a market for vermette anywhere. I can't imagine he's done playing. Would be a good 3c on many teams.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He had a no trade clause so it was easier to buy him out

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:FYI Vermette was not waived. He was just bought out
I thought they had to be waived to get bought out. That's why sometimes they say someone was "waived for the purpose of a buyout."

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

For some reason they were able to skip waivers.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not to pick, but this article title says they placed him on buyout waivers, then the body only mentions buyout. I believe you still have to go through the waiver wire but if he has a NMC maybe he's untouchable?

http://www.tsn.ca/source-coyotes-place-vermette-on-buyout-waivers-1.536354

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oilers shake-up: Gretzky in as Assistant GM. That's *Keith* Gretzky. Chiarelli had him in Boston.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This ok subban worshipping is gag worthy. Like people really believe who he is in the public is what he is like in the room and on the ice? People are like wow how could you trade his guy he's so good with charities and his personality is amazing etc etc etc. Newsflwsh people, that's all PR. The real story will never be told

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think anyone here can say whether it's *ALL* PR. Some of it is, for sure. Some of it probably from his innate desire to be liked. But at the end of the day he's doing something good, even if it comes at the "cost" of having his name displayed prominently on the wall. And you can't deny that he's very good at the PR part.

PR Subban. Has a ring to it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There are a couple of players named Kane who wish they had this kind of PR. But it's not just PR, is it?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Canada walloped 5-1 by USA. Logan Brown with one of the goals. Canada has a little work to do before December.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:This ok subban worshipping is gag worthy. Like people really believe who he is in the public is what he is like in the room and on the ice? People are like wow how could you trade his guy he's so good with charities and his personality is amazing etc etc etc. Newsflwsh people, that's all PR. The real story will never be told

Totally agree. It was a bad trade though.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:This ok subban worshipping is gag worthy. Like people really believe who he is in the public is what he is like in the room and on the ice? People are like wow how could you trade his guy he's so good with charities and his personality is amazing etc etc etc. Newsflwsh people, that's all PR. The real story will never be told

Totally agree.  It was a bad trade though.

For Nashville.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well said as usual old friend.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well said as usual old friend.

Cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum