GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+11
mattshock
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:This ok subban worshipping is gag worthy. Like people really believe who he is in the public is what he is like in the room and on the ice? People are like wow how could you trade his guy he's so good with charities and his personality is amazing etc etc etc. Newsflwsh people, that's all PR. The real story will never be told

Totally agree.  It was a bad trade though.

For Nashville.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well said as usual old friend.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well said as usual old friend.

Cheers

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This place is quiet

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:This place is quiet
This off season is quiet right now.

We didn't even get passed our top 6th prospect ranking.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, what's ... umm ... happening up there?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's not much to say in the off-season. This has always been the deadest time for hockey fans. No signings, no trades, just...waiting for training camp and watching movies or baseball or being outside or whatever.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:There's not much to say in the off-season.  This has always been the deadest time for hockey fans.  No signings, no trades, just...waiting for training camp and watching movies or baseball or being outside or whatever.

Sure looks like it, PTFlea.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If ya'll are borde you can head over to the 6th sens and read the piece on what can we expect Cody Ceci contract. It's not bad.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:If ya'll are borde you can head over to the 6th sens and read the piece on what can we expect Cody Ceci contract. It's not bad.

Yeah.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very thorough analysis brah. After reading your thoughts I plan to head right over...

Never Smile

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can someone sum up that 6th Sens piece? I'm too lazy to read more than a few words at a time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So the team is willing to do a 2-year bridge at up-to $3M AAV, versus the ask of a 4 year deal at $4.25M AAV. The difference is $5.5M in the next 2 years. Maybe it's just me (and you know I'm a Ceci fan) but I'm not sure that $5.5M is what he would be worth in 2 years' time (that's dangerously close to a top-pairing D-man which Ceci is not, even if he played the left side). So I would definitely go for a 2-year bridge. But even then I'd push for $2.5M AAV (and no more than $3M in the second year, to keep the QO low).

Ceci has no arbitration rights and I don't think he will grow into a top-pairing in the next two years, so this is the time to low-ball him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nick Spaling signs with Genève-Servette of the Swiss National League. I thought some here thought he was "good"?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Nick Spaling signs with Genève-Servette of the Swiss National League.  I thought some here thought he was "good"?

Nice add for Geneviève-Serviette.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Huge if true!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pre-season schedule:
https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-preseason-schedule-highlighted-by-arena-debuts/c-281307708

* Ottawa Senators vs. Toronto Maple Leafs at Scotiabank Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Sept. 26

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

More stuff surfaces about Kane. A woman is suing him for assault from an encounter back in December.

http://soco.space/RP8hBQ

Tim Murray is a man of few words but he had quite a bit to say:

He’s going to have to behave himself a lot better than he has obviously. Whether he has done these things or not, or he is guilty of these things or not, it’s not something I like getting up in the morning and reading about, that’s for sure. … Certainly, we don’t like the fact that this is twice now that he’s been in incidents like this. It’s not good for the organization. It’s not good for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum