GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+11
mattshock
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Huge if true!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Pre-season schedule:
https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-preseason-schedule-highlighted-by-arena-debuts/c-281307708

* Ottawa Senators vs. Toronto Maple Leafs at Scotiabank Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Sept. 26

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

More stuff surfaces about Kane. A woman is suing him for assault from an encounter back in December.

http://soco.space/RP8hBQ

Tim Murray is a man of few words but he had quite a bit to say:

He’s going to have to behave himself a lot better than he has obviously. Whether he has done these things or not, or he is guilty of these things or not, it’s not something I like getting up in the morning and reading about, that’s for sure. … Certainly, we don’t like the fact that this is twice now that he’s been in incidents like this. It’s not good for the organization. It’s not good for him.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Can someone sum up that 6th Sens piece?  I'm too lazy to read more than a few words at a time.

It wasn't a bad article. He compared him to dmen from the same draft like Trouba, Maatta, and Lindholm. Ceci didn't stack up all that well points-wise or in terms of possession. He's not too far behind them, but he's behind all of them. The only thing he has over those players is games played. His ppg is the lowest of the 8 players considered (Lindholm, Rielly, Trouba, Maatta, Ceci, Murray, Dumba, Severson). 

Based on his numbers it appears he was rushed into the league, and playing a lot of games has potentially influenced his contract demands. There is something to be said for expecting to get paid like a $4M defensemen if you are asked to play, and have played, the type of role associated with this level of pay. But at the end of the day Cody Ceci is not a $4M defenseman.

Based on raw point output it appears that Ceci should command a shade over $3M  per season on a bridge deal or an AAV just under $4M on a long term deal.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Can someone sum up that 6th Sens piece?  I'm too lazy to read more than a few words at a time.

It wasn't a bad article. He compared him to dmen from the same draft like Trouba, Maatta, and Lindholm. Ceci didn't stack up all that well points-wise or in terms of possession. He's not too far behind them, but he's behind all of them. The only thing he has over those players is games played. His ppg is the lowest of the 8 players considered (Lindholm, Rielly, Trouba, Maatta, Ceci, Murray, Dumba, Severson). 

Based on his numbers it appears he was rushed into the league, and playing a lot of games has potentially influenced his contract demands. There is something to be said for expecting to get paid like a $4M defensemen if you are asked to play, and have played, the type of role associated with this level of pay. But at the end of the day Cody Ceci is not a $4M defenseman.

Based on raw point output it appears that Ceci should command a shade over $3M  per season on a bridge deal or an AAV just under $4M on a long term deal.

Thank you!  Makes sense.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't get how the gap between bridge and long-term is less than a million bucks. Another fail from 6th Sens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:I don't get how the gap between bridge and long-term is less than a million bucks. Another fail from 6th Sens.

First of all it's not from the 6th Sens, it's from some "criminally under-followed" independent blogger. Second, I thought the numbers were reported rumours and not numbers the blogger/poster came up with on his own.

Personally I think the difference would be more like $5M over 2 years versus $17M over 4.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I don't get how the gap between bridge and long-term is less than a million bucks. Another fail from 6th Sens.

First of all it's not from the 6th Sens, it's from some "criminally under-followed" independent blogger.  Second, I thought the numbers were reported rumours and not numbers the blogger/poster came up with on his own.

Personally I think the difference would be more like $5M over 2 years versus $17M over 4.

You and 6th Sens should get a room.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know Mr. Sens well enough.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I don't know Mr. Sens well enough.  

That was a little harsh. I must say your vigorous defense of 6th Sens was disappointing, though.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't know Mr. Sens well enough.  

That was a little harsh. I must say your vigorous defense of 6th Sens was disappointing, though.

+ 1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Patrick roy resigns from the avalanches. That's lovely! Guess they wouldn't let him meddle in all aspect of the team after all.
Oh man, if Montreal could fire therrien mid-way through the season and bring in Roy that would be awesome! The circus in bright lights!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:So Patrick roy resigns from the avalanches. That's lovely! Guess they wouldn't let him meddle in all aspect of the team after all.
Oh man, if Montreal could fire therrien mid-way through the season and bring in Roy that would be awesome! The circus in bright lights!!

Too late for what would have been the ultimate circus, unfortunately: Patty vs. PK.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm assuming if Montreal starts any worse that 12-8 Therrien will be gone.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I must say though I do like what Montreal did in the off-season. Added a lot of grit and toughness. I've always thought Subban to be overrated and Weber is a tough guy to play against. Shaw will also make them a lot tougher to play against as well. I expect them to win/lose a lot of one goal games. Won't be very exciting hockey that's for sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I must say though I do like what Montreal did in the off-season. Added a lot of grit and toughness. I've always thought Subban to be overrated and Weber is a tough guy to play against. Shaw will also make them a lot tougher to play against as well. I expect them to win/lose a lot of one goal games. Won't be very exciting hockey that's for sure.
I still think they have week offence and unless radulov is into redemption they will be struggling. If price is healthy they might just win games like 2-1.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm visiting my sister in law in New Hampshire and today we went to a beach in Maine where my brother in law has a couple of cottages. He's currently renting one of them to the Habs' AGM. Played golf with him today (not me, mt brother in law). If only I'd learned about St. Patrick's resignation before I left!

I couldn't get any dirt (apparently with the Olympics on there's nothing going on anywhere else). But I was talking to my brother in law, saying how they traded Subban for Weber because Weber is better at clearing the crease (and protecting their bread-and-butter). Apparently the Habs' AGM said that Karlsson defends the crease better than Subban.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting read:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/roys-desire-total-control-recipe-failure/

I really don't understand why they keep saying he is next in line for Therrien's job. He hasn't proven himself to be a good coach yet (one great year riding a hot goalie). But I could see him as the GM or head of hockey ops or something like that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum