GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #51: Senators @ Penguins - 7:00 pm - Tuesday, Feb 2 2016

+7
LeCaptain
Ev
tim1_2
Flo The Action
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well at least the Leafs won. That's a nice consolation prize. Diddle.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Craig average Anderson is not gonna lead us to anything. Average his entire career. Even his name is boring.

Put the hamburger in, they play better in front of him.

Season starts Thursday

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Habs lost. They are going to recall Scott, aren't they. I mean, they *have to* now, no?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Habs lost.  They are going to recall Scott, aren't they.  I mean, they *have to* now, no?

Wrong thread, as usual. If I was Scott, I'd rather hang out in Newfoundland.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Im thinking of boycotting until we make a move on defence. Why waste time watching and talking about this? With Methot we're terrible, without him we're a decent AHL team - with Karlsson.

This is one of the most frustrated ive been in the last few years.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Im thinking of boycotting until we make a move on defence.  Why waste time watching and talking about this?  With Methot we're terrible, without him we're a decent AHL team - with Karlsson.

This is one of the most frustrated ive been in the last few years.

I haven't watched a full game in weeks. Maybe months.
Probably won't until Murray is replaced.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tough loss for the Ottawa Sens.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The games are entertaining. Boycotting them doesn't nothing. They have four big injuries, people forget that?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Habs lost.  They are going to recall Scott, aren't they.  I mean, they *have to* now, no?

Wrong thread, as usual. If I was Scott, I'd rather hang out in Newfoundland.

Oh, I thought that if it was OK for you to post that the Leafs won it was equally acceptable for me to post that the Habs lost. Given how we are tied with them in points.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:The games are entertaining. Boycotting them doesn't nothing. They have four big injuries, people forget that?

The game was there to be stolen. Don't want to blame this on Anderson but when you score 5 goals I don't care if you give up 50 shots, a .900 AHL goalie should be able to get you at least a point. On the other hand, giving up that many shots again and again (even when Methot is in the lineup) is not just on the D. Yes, getting Methot back *and* another top-four leftie is more than just a good idea. But at some point the forwards need to be held accountable as well. Maybe they need a guy like Jacques Martin to re-teach them the Xs and Os of defensive positioning and how to properly exit the zone. I keep hearing Cameron repeating the mantra of a 200 foot game but maybe they actually need someone to teach them exactly what that means (and where the 200 feet start).

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:The games are entertaining. Boycotting them doesn't nothing. They have four big injuries, people forget that?
They were a middling team when healthy and a really bad team now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Someone on the TSN 1200 called in the other day to say maybe it's time e for a new defense coach. If you look at Jason Smith's current track record, it's hard to say that he's doing a good job. How many of our dmen aren't living up to what is perceived as their potential? Cowen, Wiercioch, and Ceci?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I agree that the message is not getting through. I don't know if Jason Smith is a good coach or not. In his defense, it is hard to make chicken salad out of chicken s.....

This team flat out needs a change somewhere. This team has some talent but for them to be awful for long stretches of games means the players need something to get their attention.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:

They just put up 5 goals. We just need to shore up defensively, and we won't right now because four of our best defensive players are currently injured.

When healthy this team could win the division.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:I agree that the message is not getting through. I don't know if Jason Smith is a good coach or not. In his defense, it is hard to make chicken salad out of chicken s.....

This team flat out needs a change somewhere. This team has some talent but for them to be awful for long stretches of games means the players need something to get their attention.

I don't really agree that big changes are needed. Any team would struggle without their #1 C, #2 D, and two Top 6/9 LWs.

Smith definitely doesn't deserve a job though.

Add a veteran D and maybe a veteran forward, trade Anderson, and I think we're ok.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I didn't realize we are 8th last in the league. Let's just tank if we don't have the magic of last year

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Someone on the TSN 1200 called in the other day to say maybe it's time e for a new defense coach. If you look at Jason Smith's current track record, it's hard to say that he's doing a good job. How many of our dmen aren't living up to what is perceived as their potential?  Cowen, Wiercioch, and Ceci?  

Good points. Maybe it's time for Luke to get the call from Bingo?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

They just put up 5 goals. We just need to shore up defensively, and we won't right now because four of our best defensive players are currently injured.

When healthy this team could win the division.
We were terrible defensively when all that was missing was CMac. Bad hockey team and I'll stand by that. 1 playoff series win since the 07 SC final. Change of direction needed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum