GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #50: Sabres @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Jan 26 2016

+5
dennycrane
tim1_2
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #50: Sabres @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Jan 26 2016

GAME DAY #50: Sabres @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Jan 26 2016 Large GAME DAY #50: Sabres @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Jan 26 2016 Play11 GAME DAY #50: Sabres @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Jan 26 2016 Large

(Return -of the- the Lehner

The Sens played their first 60-minute game of the season, dispatching the once-mighty Rangers 3-0 in the "Dog Day Afternoon" game. Bobby Ryan scored the winner when a Jared Cowen point shot dinged the post and dropped right in the crease. That shot not only won the game, but also scored a young fan a puppy (who will be named "Bobby", naturally). Although the Rangers were credited with 35 shots on goal the Senators controlled the play in almost every shift from start to finish. Hoffman got an insurance marker on a blistering post-and-in shot off the rush, and Pageau added a short-handed empty-net goal to increase his league lead to 5. The Senators took three minors, but the PK was perfect, and Andy picked up the shutout win.

The Sabres are stuck at the bottom of the Atlantic despite heroic efforts from the Toronto Maple Leafs to give them 7th place. However this team has already beaten Florida, Tampa, Detroit and Boston on the road, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting another in-Division win. This will also be the first full (hopefully) game that one-time Future Franchise Goalie Robin Lehner will play against his former club.

#LightUpTheLehner

GO SENS GO!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No time like the present. I suggest we beat the crap out them no-good Sabres.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:No time like the present. I suggest we beat the crap out them no-good Sabres.
"Hear hear!"

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lehner all but confirmed as Johnson is playing tonight.  With any luck they will be delayed coming out of NYC and not get any sleep tonight.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Lehner will play tonight. We'll win tonight.......right?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Lehner will play tonight.  We'll win tonight.......right?

I wasn't a big believer in Lehner in Ottawa so I fully expect him to post a loss for Buffalo tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Lehner will play tonight.  We'll win tonight.......right?

His "new" stats are decent: http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/l/lehnero01.html

3 "Quality Starts" out of 4 starts total. Zero "Really Bad Starts" (that's what the stat is called -- I'm not making this up). A .934 SV%.

Here's the scary part. He didn't finish his first game, so the .917 SV% in that one could have easily gone way up if he had stayed in and made most saves. His first game back he gave up 3 goals to Boston, with a .900 SV%, but you have to accept the fact that it was his first game back. In his next two games (Colorado and Detroit) he stopped 75 of a combined 79 shots, or a .949 SV%. And he's probably a little pissed at the organization.

No wonder I heard both Bobby and Cameron this week, in interviews, mentioning how popular he was when he was in Ottawa. Seems he was the most popular guy in the room, if you listen to them.

So if Andy doesn't get his second shutout in a row, we'll need 40 shots to score 2 goals to beat him. No pressure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Methot is skating at practice. Good sign.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Stunningly good prices for tonight's game. Ticketcity.com would get you in 321 K for about $15 CDN.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:Stunningly good prices for tonight's game. Ticketcity.com would get you in 321 K for about $15 CDN.

Are those prices in USD? I see $7/ticket in 321.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
dennycrane wrote:Stunningly good prices for tonight's game. Ticketcity.com would get you in 321 K for about $15 CDN.

Are those prices in USD?  I see $7/ticket in 321.

Almost all sites are in USD and have a surcharge, usually about $5/ticket. So rough math, that would be about $17 CDN for those tickets.

Saw some on Kijiji in Row E of the 300's for about $22 each as well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guess Lehner and Eichel aren't enough to draw people to the game.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wow, i really wish i would live closer sometimes. this is a great opportunity tonight to beat the habs in the standings!

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:wow, i really wish i would live closer sometimes. this is a great opportunity tonight to beat the habs in the standings!
You will be closer when they move to Lebreton. TwoThumbsUp!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:wow, i really wish i would live closer sometimes. this is a great opportunity tonight to beat the habs in the standings!
You will be closer when they move to Lebreton. TwoThumbsUp!
Marginally. But definitely closer to the bars when I am in town. Big point right there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum