GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Oct. 18th, 2008

+9
Acrobat
COLLAR UP
Sens4thecup
beerandsens
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
PKC
wprager
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Even if he'd gotten him for less the 4M per Matt?

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Even if he'd gotten him for less the 4M per Matt?

Yeah I'd take Redden back at a Phillips like salary... Not for 6 years though! LOL

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Totally agree dude. No way I'd sign him for more then 4M and no more than 3 years TOPS, and preferably 2 years.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:Even if he'd gotten him for less the 4M per Matt?

Not for $4M, or even $3M. This guy plays the complete opposite style that Murray has been trying to bring in.

Sure, he was a whipping boy, but well deserved. He was soft, brutal defensively, average offensively, RARELY played well, and was a shell of the former fan favourite. Combine that with the alleged off-ice issues and you have one BRUTAL player.

I can honestly say he was our worst defenseman last year. Seventh best on the team.

Can you tell I'm not a fan?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

And let me add that I supported the "Redden over Chara" decision at the time 100%. I had bought into the whole "Redden is better suited for the 'new-NHL' kool-aid", and I don't blame Muckler for keeping him over Chara. A shame he couldn't have kept both, but at the time, I respected his decision.

Now, we couldn't have been more wrong. The unexplained disappearing act of Redden's game over the lockout is a real tragedy and hurt this team a LOT.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:And let me add that I supported the "Redden over Chara" decision at the time 100%. I had bought into the whole "Redden is better suited for the 'new-NHL' kool-aid", and I don't blame Muckler for keeping him over Chara. A shame he couldn't have kept both, but at the time, I respected his decision.

Now, we couldn't have been more wrong. The unexplained disappearing act of Redden's game over the lockout is a real tragedy and hurt this team a LOT.

Let me say this... What exactly has Chara accomplished? The lasting image of Chara in a Sens uniform for me.. Is that series versus Buffalo, he must have been beat wide by Derek Roy at least 5 or 6 times, same with Pominville... Anyone who can skate has no problem getting by Chara... He was exposed mightily in that series... If you don't believe me, watch tapes of last years series with Montreal... They go down Chara's side almost everytime.. Sure he's big and he'll throw hits, which is effective in the regular series, but Chara will never be that great in the playoffs... The opposing forwards want it that much more... Chara to me, might be a slightly better defenceman than Redden but he's definitely NOT a premier defenceman.. That is my opinion, and I know a lot of people like Chara and all, but I just think that series versus Buffalo sealed his fate, he was horrendous...

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
mattbond wrote:And let me add that I supported the "Redden over Chara" decision at the time 100%. I had bought into the whole "Redden is better suited for the 'new-NHL' kool-aid", and I don't blame Muckler for keeping him over Chara. A shame he couldn't have kept both, but at the time, I respected his decision.

Let me say this... What exactly has Chara accomplished? The lasting image of Chara in a Sens uniform for me.. Is that series versus Buffalo, he must have been beat wide by Derek Roy at least 5 or 6 times, same with Pominville... Anyone who can skate has no problem getting by Chara... He was exposed mightily in that series... If you don't believe me, watch tapes of last years series with Montreal... They go down Chara's side almost everytime.. Sure he's big and he'll throw hits, which is effective in the regular series, but Chara will never be that great in the playoffs... The opposing forwards want it that much more... Chara to me, might be a slightly better defenceman than Redden but he's definitely NOT a premier defenceman.. That is my opinion, and I know a lot of people like Chara and all, but I just think that series versus Buffalo sealed his fate, he was horrendous...

I'll have to look into those tapes.

Still, I'd take Preissing or Pothier back over Redden.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:
smash88 wrote:

I'll have to look into those tapes.

Still, I'd take Preissing or Pothier back over Redden.

I wouldn't not in a million years... Your going to honestly tell me you think as of today those two are better than Redden? and if you could get them all at the same price, Redden would be last on your list?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Dollar for dollar, I'd take the other two.

Even at $4M, I'd still do it.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:Dollar for dollar, I'd take the other two.

Even at $4M, I'd still do it.

WOW, Redden has fallen, but I didn't think that bad...

He'd definitely be at the top of that list for me.. especially dollar for dollar...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why don't we get Preissing back? Diddle it, he costs what we're looking to spend - and we have enough big tough dudes to insulate him.

Every day I warm more to this idea, but then, Murray would look a little silly re-acquiring him.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It's a shame Meszaros was always stuck with him. I believe Redden held him back, and he'll be much improved in TB. He always looked great when he was paired with Volchenkov.

That said, I'm a self-admitted Redden hater, and am quite biased.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum