GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Oct. 18th, 2008

+9
Acrobat
COLLAR UP
Sens4thecup
beerandsens
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
PKC
wprager
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Boston up 1-0 early after a weird tip in. Gerber had no chance.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Foligno puts a beauty in the top corner to make it 1-1.

Sweet goal.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lee got caught watching the puck and it almost resulted in a goal by Boston. Yikes. What was that?

Horrible PP by the Sens. Brutal.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oh man Winchester got rocked by Big Z. WOW.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

1-1 after 1. I think I saw Gerber actually throw a check behind the net. Good game so far. Our PP was horrid. Spezza dispy doodled at the blue line and put everyone off-side... again. Sigh... but he had a nice chance right near the end of the period.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gerber standing on his head but ran out of luck. Kessel was left all alone and put one past him. Bruins up 2-1.

shabbs wrote:Gerber standing on his head but ran out of luck. Kessel was left all alone and put one past him. Bruins up 2-1.
3-1. Diddle!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man.. the Bruins are getting in behind the Sens all the time. What is going on? That was a tough on. PP goal by Kessel.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Alfie makes it 3-2 on a PP marker!

shabbs wrote:Alfie makes it 3-2 on a PP marker!
GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Oct. 18th, 2008 - Page 2 85e9the_carlton_dance

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ugh. B's up 4-2 and have a PP for the rest of the game. Not good. Bruins have played a great game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Boston wins 4-2. They were the better team for sure. Sens were out of position a lot and got caught. Bruins were able to get in behind them all game. They gotta look at some tape and figure out what was going on. Too much pinching? Gerber played well and I didn't see any real softies tonight. Winchester got pounded tonight but looked good. Had a couple of iffy moments. Heater took a buch of silly penalties. He's gotta move those legs. No more hooking with the stick.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Sens have to start playing with a little more attention and urgency. Watching them play they looked like guys punching a time clock rather than heroes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Boston wins 4-2. They were the better team for sure. Sens were out of position a lot and got caught. Bruins were able to get in behind them all game. They gotta look at some tape and figure out what was going on. Too much pinching? Gerber played well and I didn't see any real softies tonight. Winchester got pounded tonight but looked good. Had a couple of iffy moments. Heater took a buch of silly penalties. He's gotta move those legs. No more hooking with the stick.

He was lifting the stick, both times. I think the Sens hit their quota of penalty-free periods on Friday night.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Sens have to start playing with a little more attention and urgency. Watching them play they looked like guys punching a time clock rather than heroes.

Yeah...wow, they called that one in. Tomorrow's skate's gonna be rough. If we know Hartsburg so far, he won't like the lack of desire and the lack of forecheck at all.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hartsburg ain't pleased...

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/10/19/7132866-sun.html

Let the Donkey kicking begin!

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm not pleased either. That was a brutal game. Hopefully we don't see this version of the Sens for every back to back game situation. It's already been said, we just didn't look as gritty and hardworking as earlier this year. I really noticed Smith playing well on his shifts. He was a great pick up. Kuba got another assist. I know it's early, but he's second in the league in defensive scoring with 7 assists. He is only a +1. I like him so far, I'm just having trouble figuring out how good he is defensively...

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

He is only a +1
Maybe saying he is only a +1 was misleading. I checked and Kuba's +1 is 4th best on the Sens.

...and before you ask, I don't have the ability to edit the post from this specific computer, hence the quick reply.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum