GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - TUE. Jan. 11 2011

+14
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
The Silfer Server
Hoags
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
Flo The Action
SensHulk
tim1_2
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - TUE. Jan. 11 2011

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - TUE. Jan. 11 2011 LargeGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - TUE. Jan. 11 2011 AtGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins - 7:00pm ET - TUE. Jan. 11 2011 Large

"slip slidin' away"

The Ottawa Senators (16-20-6, 37 pts) visit the Boston Bruins (22-12-7, 51 pts) Tuesday night. A regulation loss tonight coupled with another vs. the Isles will go a long way towards a top pick in the upcoming draft. I really don't have a lot to report. The last couple games could have easily been wins if the Sens knew how to score goals but that just isn't happening. It seems like only a matter of days before some changes are made. If Clouston's gone my money is on Murray finishing out his contract as a coach and then in comes a whole new upper management. Is that a good thing? We shall see.

It's going to be a bumpy ride the rest of the season so sit back and enjoy the Senators as they look to secure a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft. Hopefully whoever is in charge will turn it into a blue chip forward prospect.

Game Coverage:

TV: SNET-E (HD), NESN (HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web: ATDHE.net, JUSTIN.tv,

Latest updates:
With a Leafs win we're now 13th in the Conference. With a little luck we could drop below the Isles.

TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa
    Boston

Ottawa Key Injuries:

Jason Spezza - (shoulder) UPDATE: At least 2 months
    Pascal Leclaire - (lower body injury) Who knows?
    Alex Kovalev - (Knee) at least a week
    Mike Fisher - (lower body injury) day to day

Boston Key Injuries:

Adam McQuaid (undisclosed)
    Nathan Horton (undisclosed)
    Mark Stuart (broken finger) On IR

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN

Media Links:

SensTV On-line
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Give Clutch some coffee, STAT!

Or are we really playing the Chicago Bruins?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With a little luck we could drop below the Isles.

One step at a time, please. The Oilers are up next; let's not look beyond that.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Give Clutch some coffee, STAT!

Or are we really playing the Chicago Bruins?

Just got my coffee. It's fixed. copy and paste mistake on my part. I also blame this flu like malaise I'm currently in.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully Boston is drained after their ridiculous comeback last night and we can take advantage of that.

The bad news is we'll be facing Timmy T, Sens killer extraordinaire.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Team 1200 says Jim o'brien recalled to replace kovalev

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Team 1200 says Jim o'brien recalled to replace kovalev

Bring up as many of the "kids" as you can over the next month and half. Take advantage of the injuries to Spezza and Kovalev to evaluate the talent pool. For God's sake tell Fisher to sit and bring up Locke -- I don't care if he is a career AHLer -- he deserves *one* chance, at least.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree prages. What have we got to lose. Bring Locke up to at least know if he's a career AHLer or not. We gave Hamel lots of chances didn't we? Lets give Locke some time up with the big club so they can figure out if he's NHL caliber. 4 games at the NHL level just isn't a real opportunity.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I agree prages. What have we got to lose. Bring Locke up to at least know if he's a career AHLer or not. We gave Hamel lots of chances didn't we? Lets give Locke some time up with the big club so they can figure out if he's NHL caliber. 4 games at the NHL level just isn't a real opportunity.
if at least so that he can have few in the NHL. who knows? this game is changing, might be room for the little guy up here.
anyways i don't have a good feeling about this game, or maybe it's because i'm anxious about leaving today. Next stop Asia. be checking in with the site not as regularly as now but a few times a week i would imagine. hope the season brings us something good one way or another.

GO SENS GO

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

in Pittsburgh that was a collapse of Team Canada proportions Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Hopefully Boston is drained after their ridiculous comeback last night and we can take advantage of that.

The bad news is we'll be facing Timmy T, Sens killer extraordinaire.

Reverse psychology maybe? We can't score anyway, combined with Tim Thomas being a Sens goal-stopper = goals aplenty for the Sens?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I agree with bringing up Locke. O'Brien would've been my 2nd or 3rd choice. Locke has earned a legit shot...he needs a good 10-15 games playing on the 1st or 2nd line. I don't think O'Brien was the right guy to bring up in this situation.

I guess Locke has to clear waivers though if we wanted to send him back down? Still, would've called him up for the long-haul.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think we're going to start seeing guys like Winchester, Foligno, Z. Smith, O'Brien and who ever else we call up getting a lot more ice time and a lot more responsibility. It's about time too. Our top line guys aren't getting it done and it's time for a bit of a changing of the guard.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I agree with bringing up Locke. O'Brien would've been my 2nd or 3rd choice. Locke has earned a legit shot...he needs a good 10-15 games playing on the 1st or 2nd line. I don't think O'Brien was the right guy to bring up in this situation.

I guess Locke has to clear waivers though if we wanted to send him back down? Still, would've called him up for the long-haul.

Maybe they're waiting until they've cleared out some contracts and then they can keep Locke up and in the lineup for the duration of the season?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I agree with bringing up Locke. O'Brien would've been my 2nd or 3rd choice. Locke has earned a legit shot...he needs a good 10-15 games playing on the 1st or 2nd line. I don't think O'Brien was the right guy to bring up in this situation.

Hard to say if that's fair or not though. The B-Sens are climbing into what *could* be a playoff spot - and in the long run, we need them to make it so guys like Butler, Condra, O'Brien, Lehner, can get some playoff experience in the pros. If you take Locke off that team, they're dead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum