GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tues. Mar. 1, 2011

+19
The Silfer Server
Bramlet07
shabbs
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
asq2
wprager
Ev
stempniaksen
dennycrane
tim1_2
Hoags
PTFlea
spader
Riprock
SensHulk
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY:Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tues. Mar. 1, 2011

GAME DAY:Boston Bruins  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - Tues. Mar. 1, 2011 LargeGAME DAY:Boston Bruins  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - Tues. Mar. 1, 2011 AtGAME DAY:Boston Bruins  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - Tues. Mar. 1, 2011 Large

"Somethin' is a Bruin"

The Ottawa Senators (21-32-9, 51 pts) host the Boston Bruins (36-19-7, 79 pts ) Tuesday night. Ottawa is Flying high after an impressive 4-1 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday. If not for some great play again by Anderson the Sens would have been in a bigger hole than down by 1 after 1. From the 2nd period on though it was the Sens winning the puck battles and creating sustained pressure and playing great on both the PP and PK.

Boston collected their 5th win in a row in a 3-2 decision over the last place Edmonton Oilers on Sunday. This should be a fun one to watch with the Sens flying high off of an impressive win over the Flyers in their last game.

Game Coverage:

TV: TSN (HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web:ATDHEnet.tv and JUSTIN.tv

Latest updates:
Neil, Winchester and Gonchar all expected back while Michalek is on the shelf with a foot injury sustained last game.

TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa
    Boston

Ottawa Senators Key Injuries:

Daniel Alfredsson (back - Out indefinitely)
    Matt Carkner (day to day)
    Pascal Leclaire (Can we call this one yet? Prediction: done)
    Milan Michalek (Foot - unknown)

Boston Bruins Key Injuries:

Andrew Ferrence (Questionable)
    Marc Savard (Out for the season)

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN

Media Links:

SensTV On-line
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey
Follow GMHockey on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/GMHockey/184313241608036?sk=wall
GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Looking forward to tonight, the new look Sens are at least going to be fun to watch because you know you will be getting a full effort from everyone for the most part.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tweeted and Facebooked. Be proud of me now! :KKK:

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Looking forward to tonight, the new look Sens are at least going to be fun to watch because you know you will be getting a full effort from everyone for the most part.

Definitely. I was impressed with Butler and Condra specifically and credit Anderson for that impressive first period that allowed the Sens the chance to take the game over like they did.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I've said it a million times already I think but I love what Condra brings. Better prospect than Butler IMO and he will be one of those players people talk about in the same breath as a Chris Kelly or Mike Fisher.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:I've said it a million times already I think but I love what Condra brings. Better prospect than Butler IMO and he will be one of those players people talk about in the same breath as a Chris Kelly or Mike Fisher.

There wasn't a lot of talk about Condra but I've been very impressed and am really wondering why it took so long for him to get a shot.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Had to find his way, needed time to adjust to the heavy professional schedule like most college players do... nothing really out of the ordinary.

The prospect tournament 2 years ago with Regin and Karlsson, Condra was the best player on the ice almost every shift he had and was a cut above the his compitition. That's when I took notice and thought he had a real shot at being an NHLer. His consistant improved play and production in Bingo finally made people took notice and he's now doing it in Ottawa with 4 points in 5 games. I don't remember the last time a rookie has had that kind of production in his first try. Condra has scored at every level, seems The NHL is no different.

The Sens have done a nice job with Condra (Greening as well) and hopefully they can turn some other guys into legit NHLers.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Forgot about Greening. He's been impressive as well. I'm excited to see how Rundblad and Cowen do in front of a solid goalie, assuming they can re-sign Anderson and he continues to at least play like a number one goalie.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Forgot about Greening. He's been impressive as well. I'm excited to see how Rundblad and Cowen do in front of a solid goalie, assuming they can re-sign Anderson and he continues to at least play like a number one goalie.

Anderson is going to have to be REALLY solid with Karlsson, Rundblad, and a rookie in Cowen there next year. The improved play of Lee is a huge blessing playing along side Phillips... I think having Kuba there may be a decent option going forward as well despite his struggles. There will be ups and down, both figurativly and literally (going to Bingo) for both Rundblad and Cowen, like there is with any young D man.

Next year will be exciting if nothing else.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Forgot about Greening. He's been impressive as well. I'm excited to see how Rundblad and Cowen do in front of a solid goalie, assuming they can re-sign Anderson and he continues to at least play like a number one goalie.

Anderson is going to have to be REALLY solid with Karlsson, Rundblad, and a rookie in Cowen there next year. The improved play of Lee is a huge blessing playing along side Phillips... I think having Kuba there may be a decent option going forward as well despite his struggles. There will be ups and down, both figurativly and literally (going to Bingo) for both Rundblad and Cowen, like there is with any young D man.

I agree about Anderson. He's going to have to be Really solid to great at times to give the young D a chance to develop and gain confidence for sure. I'm actually very happy for Lee and hope, for his sake, he can finally stick with the team because he's been pretty good about his being scratched most of the season quietly going about his business.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I'm loving the play of our prospects like Greening and Condra. Interesting that both these guys are Muckler picks...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Tweeted and Facebooked. Be proud of me now! :KKK:

I am proud - I saw that and was quite impressed that I didn't have to do it for a change Razz I admit to have been being quite behind on that page :crossarms:

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:I'm loving the play of our prospects like Greening and Condra. Interesting that both these guys are Muckler picks...

Perhaps Muckler's era isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be? Wasn't O'Brien and Foligno also Muckler's doing?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Who ever his college scouts were, were not all that bad. Elliott, Greening, Condra, and Grybe, all guys who have a legit shot. Credit where credit is due.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I agree about Anderson. He's going to have to be Really solid to great at times to give the young D a chance to develop and gain confidence for sure. I'm actually very happy for Lee and hope, for his sake, he can finally stick with the team because he's been pretty good about his being scratched most of the season quietly going about his business.

He's shown character a lot of people, including myself, never thought he had. He's turned himself into a shutdown D man in the making with the help of Richardson and Clouston, and he has found chemistry with Phillips.

I think a lot of credit has to be given to Clouston and his staff for the way they have brought along Karlsson and Lee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum