GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silly Season - who will go where?

+11
Ev
tim1_2
spader
DirtyDave
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
wprager
NEELY
Flo The Action
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

196Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:52 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I used to really like Oshie back in his mid 20's, I wouldn't trade for him at this point though and I am glad the Sens didn't.  I just don't understand the love Oshie gets from people, he's a nice player but he isn't a game changer nor is he a character guy at this point.  The last thing the Caps needed was a small-ish play making forward.

I think the Caps are closer to a cup with Brouwer and Williams then Oshie and Williams.
There's a lot of question marks in St-Louis in regards to why they are underperforming. Sure Oshie might have been part of that but there may be more. Maybe a change of scenery will do both some good.

197Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:05 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I get why St.Louis did it, it's a good trade for them IMO. I don't understand why Washington did it.

198Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:32 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't like it for st Louis still. Oshie was getting beaten up but he's signed for only 2 more years at a very cheap 4 million. Brouwer is pending ufa so his value is much lower.

Like it for Washington they get another pain in the Donkey to play against and they don't commit long term and they give up a pending ufa and a 3rd.

Dunno. Don't see the point for st Louis at all unless they're trying to clear salary for when tarasenko gets his new contract. Or maybe they wanted a Cup winner on the roster.

No idea. Head scratcher.

199Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He and hitch didn't get along and I guess that's that. No one is offering much for oshie I guess.

The only two devastatingly odd trsdes were lucic for a 13th ov and a possible high 1st next year and Hamilton where the bruins lost their fuckin minds.

200Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Which is a funny one because it was Edmonton that was apparently going to offer sheet Hamilton and it blew up in their face when Calgary swooped in and grabbed him.

201Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:40 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispensed wrote:I don't like it for st Louis still.  Oshie was getting beaten up but he's signed for only 2 more years at a very cheap 4 million.  Brouwer is pending ufa so his value is much  lower.

Like it for Washington they get another pain in the Donkey to play against and they don't commit long term and they give up a pending ufa and a 3rd.

Dunno.  Don't see the point for st Louis at all unless they're trying to clear salary for when tarasenko gets his new contract.  Or maybe they wanted a Cup winner on the roster.

No idea.  Head scratcher.

I don't think Washington is better with Oshie than they are with Brouwer. Washington miscalculated IMO and they didn't grab a player that's going to help them all that much. Oshie is on the downside and he's been sliding for a season or two now.

202Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:51 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's get one thing clear here: Boston was not stupid for trading Lucic. They probably did it at the ideal time, and likely wish they could've done something similar with Chara. I still think Lucic has productive years ahead of him, but his value was never going to be higher, and his next contract will be massive, so they dealt him and avoided a whole host of problems, including losing him for nothing.

203Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Let's get one thing clear here: Boston was not stupid for trading Lucic.  They probably did it at the ideal time, and likely wish they could've done something similar with Chara.  I still think Lucic has productive years ahead of him, but his value was never going to be higher, and his next contract will be massive, so they dealt him and avoided a whole host of problems, including losing him for nothing.

Time to make things right and send Chara home to Ottawa.

LET'S DO IT!!!!

204Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That lucic trade was amazing for Boston. Almost as good as the Hamilton one was horrific

205Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

More silliness:

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/06/maple-leafs-sign-forward-shawn-mattias

206Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good risk for them . they can always trade him at the deadline too.

207Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Good risk for them .  they can always trade him at the deadline too.
That's exactly what's going to happen. I can see a lot of the rest of the FA getting one year contracts to see if they can get a better contract next year if all the teams have a bit more cap space. Whatch what happens when they expand the league to a couple more teams. There's going to be some silly money thrown at some average players.

208Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Good risk for them .  they can always trade him at the deadline too.
That's exactly what's going to happen. I can see a lot of the rest of the FA getting one year contracts to see if they can get a better contract next year if all the teams have a bit more cap space. Whatch what happens when they expand the league to a couple more teams. There's going to be some silly money thrown at some average players.

This won't be the last Silly Season we see anytime soon.

209Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:25 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

This won't be the last Silly Season we see anytime soon.

More silliness to come. Stay tuned.

210Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 14 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:22 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:More silliness:

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/06/maple-leafs-sign-forward-shawn-mattias

That's the Sun Media that I know, spelling the name wrong in their link. Idiots.

Seriously, though, I think he's a better player than he gets credit for. That's a good signing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum