GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silly Season - who will go where?

+11
Ev
tim1_2
spader
DirtyDave
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
wprager
NEELY
Flo The Action
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

1Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Silly season...who will give out the worst contract tomorrow and to who?

and who goes where?

My vote for the worst is: Matt Belesky. Don't go near him as he's already laughed at a 4 X 4 offer from the Ducks.

http://www.generalfanager.com/freeagents

Mike Green
Martin St. Louis
Shawn Horcoff
Sergei Gonchar
Matt Belesky
Paul Martin
Lubomir Visnovsky
Erik Cole
Tomas Fleischmann
Martin Erat
Chris Stewart
Andrej Meszaros
Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau
Daniel Briere
Zbynek Michalek
Christian Ehrhoff
Drew Stafford
Antoine Vermette
Justin Williams
Michael Ryder
Scottie Upshall
Bryan Allen
Eric Brewer

2Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:36 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Out of that group I'm afraid the sens might throw some money at Stewart and parenteau. Both RW so hopefully we are safe. I could live with us throwing some money at vermette(if he knows he's coming in on the LW) and obviously Williams.
On D ehrhoff would be good but that would involve us getting rid of some of our players in a separate deal.

3Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:42 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't think the Sens will be throwing money anywhere other than a clear upgrade. Right now they still have too many bodies, still have too much tied up in 13th forwards and #8 D men.

4Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think the Sens will get anyone at all personally.

Wonder who will give Belesky his $$? Someone dumb...so...Deputy Dbag?

5Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs. He's got an NHL-sized body. And he's a left-hand shot. Intriguing possibility. He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today). Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market. At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

6Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs.  He's got an NHL-sized body.  And he's a left-hand shot.  Intriguing possibility.  He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today).  Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market.  At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

7Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:20 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Justin Williams gets way too much on a contract that is way too long. Guy has played so many playoff games that he is like a regular 36/37 year old.

SpezDispensed wrote:Silly season...who will give out the worst contract tomorrow and to who?

and who goes where?

My vote for the worst is: Matt Belesky.  Don't go near him as he's already laughed at a 4 X 4 offer from the Ducks.

http://www.generalfanager.com/freeagents

Mike Green
Martin St. Louis
Shawn Horcoff
Sergei Gonchar
Matt Belesky
Paul Martin
Lubomir Visnovsky
Erik Cole
Tomas Fleischmann
Martin Erat
Chris Stewart
Andrej Meszaros
Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau
Daniel Briere
Zbynek Michalek
Christian Ehrhoff
Drew Stafford
Antoine Vermette
Justin Williams
Michael Ryder
Scottie Upshall
Bryan Allen
Eric Brewer

8Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs.  He's got an NHL-sized body.  And he's a left-hand shot.  Intriguing possibility.  He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today).  Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market.  At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

Here's an idea: let the prospects play in the AHL and leave them there for awhile.

9Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

Then why is everyone always complaining that we don't have any left-hand shots? Or is that just at center? I'm confused.

But in any case, 6'3" (they actually said "almost 6'4" last year) and 220 lbs. Of the other players you mentioned only Michalek comes close to that but his wheels aren't what they used to be.

And how about this quote:

"I liked that he was really hard on me, I like when coaches are hard on me," he said. "That's the best way to learn, I find."

10Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Here's an idea: let the prospects play in the AHL and leave them there for awhile.

Sure, but if they are ready physically and mentally then what's the problem? Lazar was still a teenager, Paul is 20. Still young but if he's not immature then he could be ready.

Everyone is different.

11Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

Then why is everyone always complaining that we don't have any left-hand shots?  Or is that just at center?  I'm confused.

But in any case, 6'3" (they actually said "almost 6'4" last year) and 220 lbs.  Of the other players you mentioned only Michalek comes close to that but his wheels aren't what they used to be.  

"I liked that he was really hard on me, I like when coaches are hard on me," he said. "That's the best way to learn, I find."

Left handed C. And Paul is one of the best faceoff guys in the OHL, so he might be able to take left handed draws when he's up in Ottawa.

I like the sound of Paul a lot, I think he has a legit chance to be a big part of Ottawa. And now you add in Lazar and White with Pageau as well and you have a filthy bottom 6 coming.

12Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anyhow, I'm not pushing for Paul to be in Ottawa come October, just saying, wow, I didn't realize he was already that big and there's actually a possibility he could contribute earlier than I thought possible.

13Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

Then why is everyone always complaining that we don't have any left-hand shots?  Or is that just at center?  I'm confused.

But in any case, 6'3" (they actually said "almost 6'4" last year) and 220 lbs.  Of the other players you mentioned only Michalek comes close to that but his wheels aren't what they used to be.  

Left handed C.  And Paul is one of the best faceoff guys in the OHL, so he might be able to take left handed draws when he's up in Ottawa.

I like the sound of Paul a lot, I think he has a legit chance to be a big part of Ottawa.  And now you add in Lazar and White with Pageau as well and you have a filthy bottom 6 coming.

What happened to Zibanejad?!?! Laughing3

I thought this kind of talk would only start after the Dev Camp scrimmage.

14Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:40 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

More trades need to be made in Ottawa. I wonder if Chris Neil might be trade bait. Could see Calgary taking a run at him.

15Silly Season - who will go where? Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:More trades need to be made in Ottawa. I wonder if Chris Neil might be trade bait. Could see Calgary taking a run at him.

I sure hope not. Sen for Life right there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum