GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Off Season Rumours

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
spader
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 50]

1Off Season Rumours Empty Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 12:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

These won't ramp up until after the Cup, but figure this is worth having for rumours out there.

2Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 12:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tyson Barrie:

Freidman says:

“You know what, I do think Tyson Barrie is going to go. “I did a game there where Montreal was in Denver. Don Meehan was there at the time with Craig Oster. They’re the Newport guys who handle Barrie. I just got the impression from everybody involved that they weren’t really even in the same ballpark. “Knowing the way they finished their year, I’ve got to think it’s very likely he moves on.” wrote:

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-barrie-definitely-play/

3Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 12:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, Hamonic rescinded his trade request, which will take a big name off the market.

4Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 6:03 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like the "Off Season Rumours" have officially kicked off.

5Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 9:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

McKenzie on the Oilers and their 4th overall pick:
“I don’t think there’s any question that Peter Chiarelli is all ears on the fourth pick. If they had to use it, they’re going to get a good player there. Whether it’s Tkachuk, or Dubois, or they decided to go for a defenseman, that’s fine. But there’s no question in my mind that they’ll be using that as currency and bait to try and see if they can get themselves a National Hockey League defenseman or an NHL-ready forward now with a lot more size and skill than what they currently have.

“So I think it’s most certainly in play. The question that a lot of teams would ask is, ‘If I’m picking somewhere in the Top 10, how much of a premium do I want to move up. What am I going to get at 4 that is that much better than what I’d get at 7, 8, 9, or 10.’

6Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 9:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oilers need defense and the top-5 (if not top-7 -- according to ISS) are all forwards. Chychrun is ranked 8th by ISS, higher by others. They aren't going to get much moving down from 4th to, say, 6th, if they want to be sure they get Chychrun. But Juolevi (next highest ranked D-man) is, in some scouts' opinion, is even better. His London Knights are the OHL Champs so we'll see him in the Mem Cup tournament. Chychrun's season is over (Sarnia exited in the 1st round).

7Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 10:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Paul MacLean and Trent Yawney are candidates for Anaheim's HC position; Travis Green is also on their radar but they have not yet asked for permission to talk to him (he's HC in Utica). Apparently they are not interested in Hartley. MacLean and Yawney were both assistants in Anaheim. Yawney had Head Coaching experience (didn't know that) back when Chicago sucked (finished 4th in Central in 05-06, fired after a 7-12-2 start in 06-07). Of the two (three, counting Green) MacLean has the best resume, with a Jack Adams on his mantle-shelf.

8Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 11:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Off Season Rumours" head into overdrive as Sebastian Collberg is waived.

9Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 12:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:"Off Season Rumours" head into overdrive as Sebastian Collberg is waived.
Was that The kid montreal traded to The isles in The Vanek package?

10Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 12:31 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is anyone suggesting we go after Barrie? Irony see the logic in that. Being a righty and all.

11Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 12:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I could see Edmonton or Detroit getting in on that action though.

12Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 1:18 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the big, massive question is: What is Stamkos doing? Leaf-land? That would take a big old bite out of their cap space.

13Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 2:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Is anyone suggesting we go after Barrie? Irony see the logic in that. Being a righty and all.

Yes. Him and Duchene please.

14Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 2:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Is anyone suggesting we go after Barrie? Irony see the logic in that. Being a righty and all.

Yes.  Him and Duchene please.
Ok ok. After Lala land is gone since he will cost between 6-7 mill and duschene and his 6 mill we have to trade Ceci, Zib, our first and likely another big piece to get that maybe two! Then we are between a hard and a rock place on the cap. Yeah I dunno spezz... This ain't Philadelphia.

15Off Season Rumours Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Sat May 14, 2016 4:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who is Lala land?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 50]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum